Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: IUP Fans Alright with me

  1. #1

    Default IUP Fans Alright with me

    Thanks for the hospitality IUP, had a ball and your fans are great. Police stopped our cow bells but really enjoyed myself at your stadium. Even talked to a few fans and shared a couple of drinks. Great Time.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    Thanks for the hospitality IUP, had a ball and your fans are great. Police stopped our cow bells but really enjoyed myself at your stadium. Even talked to a few fans and shared a couple of drinks. Great Time.

    Why would they stop your cow bells?Seems silly to me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Why would they stop your cow bells?Seems silly to me.
    Apparently its an NCAA rule - no noisemakers. There was a big deal about this at the UWF game last year, since the IUP fans were taunting security about the rule, which was announced. I think sometimes they don't bother enforcing it, but at regionals it was a must. Guess they just decided to keep being strict.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Apparently its an NCAA rule - no noisemakers. There was a big deal about this at the UWF game last year, since the IUP fans were taunting security about the rule, which was announced. I think sometimes they don't bother enforcing it, but at regionals it was a must. Guess they just decided to keep being strict.

    It’s funny because they will enforce that at a D2 game, but Mississippi State can have 60,000 people ringing them and that’s not an issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Apparently its an NCAA rule - no noisemakers. There was a big deal about this at the UWF game last year, since the IUP fans were taunting security about the rule, which was announced. I think sometimes they don't bother enforcing it, but at regionals it was a must. Guess they just decided to keep being strict.

    Is this a new rule? Don’t they ring cow bells at Mississippistan State?

  6. #6

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    It was a big issue in Section C last year at the playoff game. Some knucklehead kept ringing it after he was told not to do so ... finally got to the point that the female athletic trainer was ready to rumble with the guilty party. She put an end to it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    10115

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    This sure feels like a “politically correct” rule to even the playing field for away teams.

  8. #8

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Mixed feelings. It's annoying as crap to sit beside a cowbell person for four quarters.

    Give me a loud crowd and a good band any day. Hint, IUP.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    61098

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Yeah, I'd be one of those fans destined to stare down the cowbell ringer if he/she were within five rows of me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BADinPA View Post
    This sure feels like a “politically correct” rule to even the playing field for away teams.

    Remember the lady with the drum back in the 90’s?i wonder what happened to her.

  11. #11

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    IUP had a big crowd Saturday. That announced number of 3,400 -- my opinion -- was a little light.

    It was by no means an energetic crowd but it was a big turnout.

  12. #12

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP had a big crowd Saturday. That announced number of 3,400 -- my opinion -- was a little light.

    It was by no means an energetic crowd but it was a big turnout.
    Parents weekend probably helped - they brought that back.

  13. #13

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    They didn't all leave at halftime, either, so that was nice.

    I do fully expect IUP to take a very large contingent to Adamson this Saturday night. Oddly, most of IUP's more-energetic crowds are usually at road games. Of course, the 'travel types' are typically the more passionate fans and on the road you clump them all together.

    If they were going to splurge and take the band to one away game this year ... this would be it. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen, however.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They didn't all leave at halftime, either, so that was nice.

    I do fully expect IUP to take a very large contingent to Adamson this Saturday night. Oddly, most of IUP's more-energetic crowds are usually at road games. Of course, the 'travel types' are typically the more passionate fans and on the road you clump them all together.

    If they were going to splurge and take the band to one away game this year ... this would be it. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen, however.

    Right. I thought the turnout at Ashland was great and the fans cheered loudly when they had to.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP had a big crowd Saturday. That announced number of 3,400 -- my opinion -- was a little light.

    It was by no means an energetic crowd but it was a big turnout.

    Watching on the stream for both Millersville and Mercyhurst, I thought they both appeared to be good crowds. On the feed on Saturday when I saw a crowd shot I thought instantly close to 4,000. So I would agree with your assessment.

    I think it seems like interest is pretty high right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They didn't all leave at halftime, either, so that was nice.

    I do fully expect IUP to take a very large contingent to Adamson this Saturday night. Oddly, most of IUP's more-energetic crowds are usually at road games. Of course, the 'travel types' are typically the more passionate fans and on the road you clump them all together.

    If they were going to splurge and take the band to one away game this year ... this would be it. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen, however.

    Nope. It’s Allentown weekend. They are on tour.

    No way can they travel to the Viet Mon for a 6pm game then turn around and head to Allentown. They are probably in a show in Eastern PA Saturday Night and then they perform mid afternoon in Allentown. They used to be one of the last bands on the schedule but they have lost their status and are now with the middle pack bands. Sad. The band director needs to step it up. I’m not happy that the band looks smaller and they keep on insisting to play that mess called Crimson Express.

    Hopefully he retires soon.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 09-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Watching on the stream for both Millersville and Mercyhurst, I thought they both appeared to be good crowds. On the feed on Saturday when I saw a crowd shot I thought instantly close to 4,000. So I would agree with your assessment.

    I think it seems like interest is pretty high right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The home side was pretty full for Millersville. Not shoulder to shoulder full but I’d say 75-80 percent full.

  18. #18

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    The home side was pretty full for Millersville. Not shoulder to shoulder full but I’d say 75-80 percent full.

    The following week (gym teachers) will be slammed. You get the once-a-year Homecoming types combined with the fact SRU travels well.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,176
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The following week (gym teachers) will be slammed. You get the once-a-year Homecoming types combined with the fact SRU travels well.

    It looks full...stole these off Facebook. Bouncy Houses!!!!




  20. #20

    Default Re: IUP Fans Alright with me

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It was a big issue in Section C last year at the playoff game. Some knucklehead kept ringing it after he was told not to do so ... finally got to the point that the female athletic trainer was ready to rumble with the guilty party. She put an end to it.
    Ok I gotta ask ......Why would the athletic trainer be the one responsible for policing any policy involving fans in the stands? jus sayin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •