Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robinson out at NSU?

Contribute to D2

Default Robinson out at NSU?

Rumor among those close to the program is that the announcement will be made soon. Can’t say it comes as too much of a surprise. They are 6-30 since he has taken over the reins and this weekend’s loss must be the straw that broke the camel’s back. NSU has the resources and history and there’s no reason for them to not have more success than what they have had. Granted it would probably be better for them to play in the GAC, but it is what it is. It will be interesting to see who they will try to go after. In my opinion they need someone in there who has ties to the state, and ties to the program. There’s plenty of talent in Oklahoma and it just seems like they’ve overlooked it for years and recruited heavily in Texas and Missouri instead.

Default Re: Robinson out at NSU?

shocked hes lasted this long.

Step 1 in their move away from the conference, imo.

UCO's win Saturday may have prevented a sweep of new coaches in the 3 southern most miaa teams from all having new coaches.

Idk how much better Robinson could have done. Seemed like an uphill battle in this conf

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate72 View Post
    Rumor among those close to the program is that the announcement will be made soon. Can’t say it comes as too much of a surprise.
    The only surprise is why they extended him previously. He is the lowest paid MIAA coach, but he is also the least successful MIAA coach as a head coach. I am curious who would be saying an announcement is coming soon. He will be gone after the year as his contract expires then. Something before that would be a shock to me (The coach before him was fired on the field after the last game of his contract previously, I believe...).

They are 6-30 since he has taken over the reins and this weekend’s loss must be the straw that broke the camel’s back.
    You're kidding, right? This was no worse than the other losses for the last 3 years. They have only been competitive in 3 games for the last three years. Last years only win was an overtime victory against MoSo in the MIAA pillow fight...

NSU has the resources and history and there’s no reason for them to not have more success than what they have had. Granted it would probably be better for them to play in the GAC, but it is what it is.
    I'll have to disagree here. NSU does not have the resources to even leave the MIAA currently. The AD tried to raise those funds privately last year to exit the MIAA and found the well dry. Yes, the alumni would like to be competitive, but realistically, they would target the LSC, not the GAC. In the LSC, they might win more games, but they would still not be competing for any kind of championship, which is what the alumni want. In the current GAC, they would have trouble competing with the middle of the road teams.

It will be interesting to see who they will try to go after. In my opinion they need someone in there who has ties to the state, and ties to the program. There’s plenty of talent in Oklahoma and it just seems like they’ve overlooked it for years and recruited heavily in Texas and Missouri instead.
    Obviously, I'm biased toward Texas talent being in Texas, but I believe that they need more local interest to support the program. Their facilities are in need of updating (they updated the locker room and training staff area this year and the scoreboard last year) compared to other MIAA schools (and GAC schools as well). They do have some talent on their roster and some really good kids as well. They just are not as deep as other teams. The turnover is also ridiculous (see the other thread about last year's turn over) but understandable. The assistant coach turnover has been pretty high as well. Whomever they get will need to have a lot of contacts for coaches and recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Idk how much better Robinson could have done. Seemed like an uphill battle in this conf
    Definitely an uphill battle, but his win total went 0, 3, 2, 1... probably the wrong trend...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Step 1 in their move away from the conference, imo.
    Are you sure it isn't step 3?

Realistically 3 wins is probably the best outcome. Probably several factors im overlooking, but why stay in a conf you cant be competitive in

Wow Bytor ! I had to double check that logo by your name with all that inside information you were spewing out.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Realistically 3 wins is probably the best outcome. Probably several factors im overlooking, but why stay in a conf you cant be competitive in
    Agreed, however, the 3 wins were in year two and they were competitive in many other games as well in 2015. Since then, not so much. The reason they have to stay right now is due to the cost of leaving the MIAA. Once they have enough money to leave, I believe they will. They do have other sports to consider also. Their Men's Soccer team is very good right now (top 10).

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    Wow Bytor ! I had to double check that logo by your name with all that inside information you were spewing out.
    As I have said before, I was an NSU fan for a while before I joined this board. Now I enjoy watching Arkansas Tech.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    Agreed, however, the 3 wins were in year two and they were competitive in many other games as well in 2015. Since then, not so much. The reason they have to stay right now is due to the cost of leaving the MIAA. Once they have enough money to leave, I believe they will. They do have other sports to consider also. Their Men's Soccer team is very good right now (top 10).
    They had one game within double digits last year, and it was the OT win over Southern.

Are you sure it isn't step 3?
    Maybe:
    Step 1 was beg for money get shot down.
    Step 2 is wait for the buyout amount to decrease in the contract
    Step 3 fire coach, hoping the promise of moving to a different conference will attract a better one

As I have said before, I was an NSU fan for a while before I joined this board. Now I enjoy watching Arkansas Tech.
    Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    UCO's win Saturday may have prevented a sweep of new coaches in the 3 southern most miaa teams from all having new coaches.
    not a chance. a loss vs nw last week does not threaten his job in the least. he finishes with a losing record, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Maybe:
    Step 1 was beg for money get shot down.
    Step 2 is wait for the buyout amount to decrease in the contract
    Step 3 fire coach, hoping the promise of moving to a different conference will attract a better one
    Well played Pred, well played...

Rumor among those close to the program is that the announcement will be made soon. Can’t say it comes as too much of a surprise. They are 6-30 since he has taken over the reins and this weekend’s loss must be the straw that broke the camel’s back. NSU has the resources and history and there’s no reason for them to not have more success than what they have had. Granted it would probably be better for them to play in the GAC, but it is what it is. It will be interesting to see who they will try to go after. In my opinion they need someone in there who has ties to the state, and ties to the program. There’s plenty of talent in Oklahoma and it just seems like they’ve overlooked it for years and recruited heavily in Texas and Missouri instead.
    What makes you think they would be better off in the GAC? It would just be another Oklahoma cupcake for my Tigers and the rest of the Arkansas schools to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    What makes you think they would be better off in the GAC? It would just be another Oklahoma cupcake for my Tigers and the rest of the Arkansas schools to eat.
    pfffttt hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo slice View Post
    pfffttt hahaha
    Quit trying to flex. You guys didn't beat a typical Northwest team.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast