Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chadron at Mesa

Contribute to D2

Default Chadron at Mesa

Chadron actually playing pretty good. Moving the ball well on the ground and Holst throwing the ball well. Defensively, they have given up a couple of big touchdowns, but they are playing well in the trenches.

However, I am going to say this. IMO, shotgun is a TERRIBLE formation in any 3rd or 4th down situation where you need less than a yard for a first down or touchdown. They managed to score a touchdown in this type of situation, 4th and goal from the 1 foot line, and they did get a touchdown on a shotgun handoff. Anytime a shotgun is used in these situations, the formation allows for defensive penetration before the running back even gets the ball, and then the running back has to travel 5 yards just to make the line of scrimmage. I HATE shotgun in these situations. QB sneak is not in Chris Stein's playbook. I don't think that is smart.

Later, they line up in a 4th and 1/2 yard from Mesa 30 in shotgun, with Chadron up 14-10. Holst faces immediate pressure and fumbles and Mesa defender takes the ball 50 yards down the other way. The entire game is turned around now, and Mesa is looking like they are going to open up a big lead. Did I say I hate the shotgun in those situations?

Default Re: Chadron at Mesa

Best thing in this game? Refs are letting them play. Let's hope it stays that way. Mesa up 24-14 at half.

Chadron does it again. 3rd and goal from the 1 foot line, shotgun formation, and they lose two yards and settle for FG. SMFH.

Best way to describe how Mesa plays - haphazard. And ugly.

Mesa's defense..... BAD. Unbelievably bad!

Mesa will lose to Mines big.

38-34 Chadron with 5 minutes left, Mesa about to get ball. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

8. Default Re: Chadron at Mesa

Well damn. This sounds like a good game.

9. Default Re: Chadron at Mesa

Yay Chadron State!!!! That helps CSU Pueblo!

Eagles going to win 38-34. Nice job by them, awful job by Mesa. I can see Mesa losing at least 2 more games, probably more as they just do not play with much intensity. So, just as well.

Nice win for Chadron. Definitely bucks the trend of a criticism I've had of Chadron the last few years. Good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams. Well, they were good today, against a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    That helps CSU Pueblo!
    Not really. Mines is going to throttle Mesa.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Not really. Mines is going to throttle Mesa.
    I'll bet you are surprised on this prediction...

14. Default Re: Chadron at Mesa

Even though we can't use the transitive property in football. CSU Pueblo beats Chadron, Chadron beats Mesa, Mesa beats Eastern New Mexico and Texas Commerce barely beats Eastern New Mexico. You know where I'm going with this right?

Even though we can't use the transitive property in football. CSU Pueblo beats Chadron, Chadron beats Mesa, Mesa beats Eastern New Mexico and Texas Commerce barely beats Eastern New Mexico. You know where I'm going with this right?
    rmac>SEC SEC SEC!

We find out in about an hour. lol.

So was Fort Lewis the best team in D2 in 2014?

Any talk of postponing or canceling this game after the shooting last night?? Can't image Mesa's players were mentally thinking about football after a teammate is killed ...

Big Numbers in this game.

https://rmacsports.org/boxscore.aspx...h=footballMesa

Mesa
    Salum 22/35 352 Yards 3 TD 1 Int Sacked 5 times
    Makakona 15 rushes 73 yards
    Salum 19 rushes 42 yards
    Anderson 11 catches 266 yards 2 TD

Chadron
    26/40 409 yards 3TD 0Int sacked 2 times
    Brown 13 rushes 118 yards
    Coy 18 rushes 77 yards 2 TD
    Myles 8 rushes 49 yards
    Wright 5 catches 137 yards 1 TD
    Dickerson 9 catches 93 yards 1 TD
    Fullerton 4 catches 71 yards
    Thurness 4 catches 52 yards 1 TD

Really impressed with how Chadron's defense limited Salum. He did have a lot of passing yards, but almost half of those came on two plays, it seemed he really had to work to get most of his other yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Try II View Post
    Any talk of postponing or canceling this game after the shooting last night?? Can't image Mesa's players were mentally thinking about football after a teammate is killed ...
    A shooting? I thought I heard the web broadcast crew say car accident. But, yes, it must have been considered as the players voted on playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast