Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Edinboro Settlement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kutztown, PA
    Posts
    48
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    138

  2. #2

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Cha ching

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,204
    Rep Power
    21958

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Does this come from Edinboro's pocket or PASSHE's?

    How weird would it be to continue to work in that environment.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Does this come from Edinboro's pocket or PASSHE's?

    How weird would it be to continue to work in that environment.
    Heck, I'd be afraid to post a message let alone work there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    30802

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Wow, good for her.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Seems fair to me. Boro and PASSHE are lucky to get away from that with just a quarter mil. Let's face it, Baumgartner screwed up royally. He probably shouldn't still be a EUP employee. Negligence in the oversight from the university and PASSHE. Regardless of who is right or wrong that situation should have been nipped in the bud much earlier. Seems like legal naivete, IMO. Did Bruce have too much de facto power?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    61098

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    And here I thought this thread was going to be about convincing a couple of Edinboro fans to settle down.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    And here I thought this thread was going to be about convincing a couple of Edinboro fans to settle down.
    Funny.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,520
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    I'm glad this is over. Shouldn't have come to this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    So she won a case because she thinks she should be paid like a football or basketball coach. Her sport doesn't bring in the revenue those sports do. She ran Bruce out of athletics too because of this. Absolutely terrible!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,520
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

    I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,204
    Rep Power
    21958

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

    I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.
    The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.

    Ultimately, Edinboro’s social equity director recommended a substantial raise for Soboleski and other coaches to then-university President H. Fred Walker, who approved them, but salaries were not adjusted and Soboleski was told there would be a third investigation, according to her lawsuit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,520
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.
    Yes. Internal review and an external review from what I recall. President approved the raise but whatever steps her supervisor had to take never happened.

  14. Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    So she won a case because she thinks she should be paid like a football or basketball coach. Her sport doesn't bring in the revenue those sports do. She ran Bruce out of athletics too because of this. Absolutely terrible!
    Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
    I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
    I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.
    Yep. Likely EUP is footing the bill.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Bruce ran himself out of athletics. Boro athletics should all be better off other than wrestling obviously. Only the benefits might not show because of the budget issues.
    I don't think PASSHE cuts checks for 250k plus who knows another 250k? for lawyer fees for being wrong. 1/2 a mill + cuz she was wrong....when this was a 15-20k raise issue...doubtful.
    The union paid all those fees because they had to. Unions are designed to protect all employees whether they agree or not. This case blows my mind on many levels. If her raise was approved that is one thing but for her to demand equivalent pay as a football coach is ridiculous!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    The article made it sound as if the President approved it and leads one to think that Baumgartner didn't execute them.
    That's what happened.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I agree that she deserves to be one of the highest paid volleyball coaches in the PSAC. Two different reviews of her complaint agreed but the pay raise was never signed off on. That was wrong and this could have been avoided.

    I also agree that not all head coach jobs are the same. Compare apples to apples.
    The contractual language she used for her case didn't differentiate between sports. Frankly, it was the way the Edinboro documentation was written for the sports defined as Tier 1 that enabled this to go forward. Edinboro's own documentation was her best friend in the case.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,557
    Rep Power
    5780

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    The union paid all those fees because they had to. Unions are designed to protect all employees whether they agree or not. This case blows my mind on many levels. If her raise was approved that is one thing but for her to demand equivalent pay as a football coach is ridiculous!
    Says you...Who's ridiculous?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,520
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: Edinboro Settlement

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    The union paid all those fees because they had to. Unions are designed to protect all employees whether they agree or not. This case blows my mind on many levels. If her raise was approved that is one thing but for her to demand equivalent pay as a football coach is ridiculous!
    Not sure about that. I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think that. The coach and AD were both members of the same union so I doubt the union would pay fees to sue one of their members. I imagine the AD was represented by the state's lawyers. The individual PASSHE schools don't have their own attorneys - the entire system has a counsel team but I don't know if they represent anyone in court.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •