Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bearcats and Bronchos

Contribute to D2

Default Bearcats and Bronchos

Bearcats are heading to the beautiful Edmond, OK to play the Bronchos this week. If you haven't made the trip it's a great trip to make and a great city.

NW has had some close games with UCO in the past. UCO this year looks to air the ball out more than running it which if they can hit on some big plays they can give NW a game. The UCO run defense looks to be struggling which NW has been handing the ball off this year more than the last few years.

I'm looking forward to the game!

Default Re: Bearcats and Bronchos

Looking forward to our 4th trip to UCO. For those making the trek The Garage has great burgers/fries/cold beer and Ted’s Escondido Cafe is great Mexican food.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Looking forward to our 4th trip to UCO. For those making the trek The Garage has great burgers/fries/cold beer and Ted’s Escondido Cafe is great Mexican food.
    We had a Ted's in Liberty. It lasted as long as the Ft. Hays run atop the MIAA.

NW gonna roll. I wish it wasn't true for Jimbo's sake, but am afraid it is.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Correct on both counts. There is also Zarate's which has a little more Central/South American flavor. O'thellos which has good Italian, and I've heard good things about Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe. We can't compete with KC on BBQ so I won't mention those places.
    Go Bronchos!

Quote Originally Posted by JurisBearcat View Post
    Which, consequently, lasted as long as HookedonTurd's relevance on this message board.

need jimbo slice
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Blog Entries

Went to a great steakhouse downtown a couple years ago...can’t remember the name, though...

Pop over and help me unload a truck and trailer full of toys after the game :) Wish I was getting in a day sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Went to a great steakhouse downtown a couple years ago...can’t remember the name, though...
    cattlemens or mickey mantle. the latter being more expensive. it’s the way to go when in okc.....one or the other. i usually hit cattlemens.....hard to believe it’s been 5 yrs since i’ve been in that place now that i’m typing it out
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Given the issues that UCO had containing Cade Brister, I think Wright will have a great day. Especially when you consider how much more support he has in the running game than the Lions give Brister.

Defensively, I think UCO has the potential to hit on big plays, but NW won't let it get out of control like LU did. Aside from the big hits, LU did a good job of slowing down the UCO offense. They only had 17 first downs in the game vs. LU's 30. NW's veteran leadership, and championship pedigree will find ways to adjust.

NW-42
    UCO-24
    Cool Story Bro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Given the issues that UCO had containing Cade Brister, I think Wright will have a great day. Especially when you consider how much more support he has in the running game than the Lions give Brister.

Defensively, I think UCO has the potential to hit on big plays, but NW won't let it get out of control like LU did. Aside from the big hits, LU did a good job of slowing down the UCO offense. They only had 17 first downs in the game vs. LU's 30. NW's veteran leadership, and championship pedigree will find ways to adjust.

NW-42
    UCO-24
    I'll be shocked if NW gives up 24 points. Last time a NW team gave up 24 points was garbage time against NSU on 10/15/2016. After that you have to go back to 10/24/2015. It'll happen eventually but I'd place my money on Pitt State or Central Missouri on the team to hit 24 points against NW. NW has only given up 24 points 5 times since the start of the 2014 season. One of them in a playoff loss to UMD. 4 MIAA opponents in 49 MIAA games. If you add 2013 to it only 5 MIAA games over 24 points in 59 MIAA games. 6 MIAA games over 24 points in 69 MIAA games if you go back to 2012. 2011 was the last year that NW really gave up multiple 24 point games in regular season. They had 3 games go over 24 points then.
    Last edited by JR Chaney; 09-18-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    The best steaks are at Cattlemen's a few miles west on 1-40 in what we call "Stockyard City."
    Go Bronchos!

Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    I'll be shocked if NW gives up 24 points. Last time a NW team gave up 24 points was garbage time against NSU on 10/15/2016. After that you have to go back to 10/24/2015. It'll happen eventually but I'd place my money on Pitt State or Central Missouri on the team to hit 24 points against NW. NW has only given up 24 points 5 times since the start of the 2014 season. One of them in a playoff loss to UMD. 4 MIAA opponents in 49 MIAA games. If you add 2013 to it only 5 MIAA games over 24 points in 59 MIAA games. 6 MIAA games over 24 points in 69 MIAA games if you go back to 2012. 2011 was the last year that NW really gave up multiple 24 point games in regular season. They had 3 games go over 24 points then.
    Well look at you with all your fancy "research" and silly "facts"....

Lol.... ok. 35-17 NW wins.
    Cool Story Bro

Quote Originally Posted by JurisBearcat View Post
    Correct on the Ted's Crappy Mexican...was nothing more than melted velveeta on some stale chips. The one in Overland Park vacated as well.

NW Pass D looks a little worse than years past, but they'll stunt and rattle that Frosh QB like Pitt Did. Especially if they can stop the run with 6 or 7 like they usually do.

UCO will have trouble finding the end zone, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    NW Pass D looks a little worse than years past, but they'll stunt and rattle that Frosh QB like Pitt Did. Especially if they can stop the run with 6 or 7 like they usually do.

UCO will have trouble finding the end zone, imo.
    Correct-a-mundo...We don't have very good D-backs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Correct-a-mundo...We don't have very good D-backs.
    Lane and Chama aren't bad, it's the safety spot that has taken hits with injuries and is the biggest issue on giving up the big play currently. That may be by design, take away the run, the short and mid field and make a team try to beat you over the top. That being said I think it's likely injuries at the safety spot and a little less pressure on the QB as the reasoning why this year.

Lane and Chama aren't bad, it's the safety spot that has taken hits with injuries and is the biggest issue on giving up the big play currently. That may be by design, take away the run, the short and mid field and make a team try to beat you over the top. That being said I think it's likely injuries at the safety spot and a little less pressure on the QB as the reasoning why this year.
    It seems like the front and back end are tied together so tightly, it's hard to tell where the issue is sometimes.

Not buying it. I have seen the D backs in a consistent "What the heck are we doing" state of mind the past 3 games. If Jack Richards is leading the pack, then there needs to be a change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast