Thread: AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/17)

Contribute to D2

Default AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/17)

No. 2 Minnesota State handed Concordia-St. Paul (Minn.) a 46-13 loss, moving their record to 3-0 on the season and gathered three more first-place votes this week to move closer to the top spot in the AFCA Division II Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The Mavericks prepare to face Winona State (Minn.), who just fell out of the Top 25 this week after its loss to Upper Iowa, this coming Saturday.

The Top 5 is still the same this week with Texas A&M-Commerce at No. 1 with 22 first-place votes. Following Minnesota State are Indiana (Pa.), Northwest Missouri State and Grand Valley State (Mich.).

There is only one Top 25 matchup this week as No. 22 Colorado State-Pueblo tries to rebound from their loss last Saturday to newly ranked No. 17 Colorado School of Mines as the ThunderWolves travel to Commerce, Texas, and take on No. 1 Texas A&M-Commerce.

AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/17)
    1. Texas A&M-Commerce (22) (3-0)
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato (6) (3-0)
    3. Indiana (PA) (4) (3-0)
    4. Northwest Missouri State (3-0)
    5. Grand Valley State (3-0)
    6. Ferris State (1) (3-0)
    7. Midwestern State (3-0)
    8. West Georgia (3-0)
    9. Ouachita Baptist (3-0)
    10. West Florida (2-1)
    11. Minnesota-Duluth (3-0)
    12. Central Washington (2-1)
    13. West Chester (3-0)
    14. Colorado Mesa (3-0)
    15. Pittsburg State (3-0)
    16. Valdosta State (3-0)
    17. Colorado School of Mines (3-0)
    18. Fort Hays State (2-1)
    19t. Harding (2-1)
    19t. Central Missouri (2-1)
    21. Southern Arkansas (3-0)
    22. Colorado State-Pueblo (2-1)
    23. West Alabama (2-1)
    24. Azusa Pacific (3-0)
    25. Indianapolis (1-1)

Dropped Out
    Winona State (#11), Ohio Dominican (#12), Sioux Falls (#24)

Others Receiving Votes
    Winona State, Sioux Falls, Florida Tech, Notre Dame College, Ohio Dominican, Tarleton State, Fairmont State, Kutztown, Edinboro, Carson-Newman, Ashland, Findlay, Hillsdale, Bowie State

Default Re: AFCA Division II Top 25 (9/17)

Really interesting that Winona dropped that far with a single loss, and USF won but still dropped off.

I know the poll doesn't really mean anything much, but I really didn't expect both teams to be gone from the list. Ohio Dominican also fell off the list from #12 with a single loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Really interesting that Winona dropped that far with a single loss, and USF won but still dropped off.

I know the poll doesn't really mean anything much, but I really didn't expect both teams to be gone from the list. Ohio Dominican also fell off the list from #12 with a single loss.
    Upper Iowa is a bad loss (0-2). My guess is Sioux Falls dropped out because a lot of unranked teams beat ranked teams to move into the top 25. Sure would be nice if Pueblo beats commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Upper Iowa is a bad loss (0-2). My guess is Sioux Falls dropped out because a lot of unranked teams beat ranked teams to move into the top 25. Sure would be nice if Pueblo beats commerce.
    I can see that, but it still surprises me as most coaches just look at the win/loss stat and don't take the time to dig any further into it.