Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Contribute to D2

Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU Jacket Fan View Post
    Reiners fired his Offensive Coordinator Evan Eastburn today. I suppose this will buy him some time...
    The week they play Pueblo? Yikes.

2. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
    There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?
    Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with the most knowledgeable person on D2 football in America. I bet you have all this time to research and educate yourself because you live in your mom's basement and don't work for a living. Hope it's not getting too cold down there for you as Fall is turning to Winter. Good luck trolling other D2 blogs.

The two game winning streak is great, I'm a fan of BHSU Football and want to see them succeed which is why they need a change and this blog was started. As you probably already know since you are the most educated and knowledgeable person in America on D2 football, the OC was fired. An obvious attempt for Reiners to try and save his job. If they end up 3-8, which they should, he might survive and maybe a new OC will lead to better things in the future...Us real BH fans can only hope.

I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
    There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?
    What other D2s in Nebraska does Chadron play? Looking at their roster they have no Omaha or Lincoln area kids. It's all Wyoming, West River SD, Northern CO, Western Nebraska, and out of area kids. Not different at all than BHSU. Reiners does make less but that has always been the case at BH that is about 20k more than previous head coaches made. Sounds like you have nothing but excuses, and why is it that everyone calls Chadron a dump and BHSU beautiful but that never seems to benefit BHSU? I think it's because football players don't care about that stuff. As far as other SD schools out there BHSU needs to do what Chadron does and find kids that don't or can't afford private school prices. They are out there whether it's east river or out of area. We alums are just so sick and tired of hearing coaches say that we have to be better and that they are up against it. I'm so sick of hearing they need better athletes. I can think of so many Scott era players that would be better than what is there now. I can be patient because I understand the top of the RMAC is very talented but I'm so sick of hearing that poor Reiners can't compete. Here's a goal or two that aren't unrealistic. Lose to Chadron by 14 or less every year. Win 2/3 of the SD tech games and average losses less than 10. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BHer View Post
    What other D2s in Nebraska does Chadron play? Looking at their roster they have no Omaha or Lincoln area kids. It's all Wyoming, West River SD, Northern CO, Western Nebraska, and out of area kids. Not different at all than BHSU. Reiners does make less but that has always been the case at BH that is about 20k more than previous head coaches made. Sounds like you have nothing but excuses, and why is it that everyone calls Chadron a dump and BHSU beautiful but that never seems to benefit BHSU? I think it's because football players don't care about that stuff. As far as other SD schools out there BHSU needs to do what Chadron does and find kids that don't or can't afford private school prices. They are out there whether it's east river or out of area. We alums are just so sick and tired of hearing coaches say that we have to be better and that they are up against it. I'm so sick of hearing they need better athletes. I can think of so many Scott era players that would be better than what is there now. I can be patient because I understand the top of the RMAC is very talented but I'm so sick of hearing that poor Reiners can't compete. Here's a goal or two that aren't unrealistic. Lose to Chadron by 14 or less every year. Win 2/3 of the SD tech games and average losses less than 10. I don't think that is too much to ask.
    OK, rant time. I am one of the "Chadron is a dump" people and I also love Spearfish. (Side note: I am monitoring the forecasts for the Black Hills this weekend. I really want to make the trip up for CSU Pueblo game). But winning is a powerful thing in recruiting. As it stands kids that want immediate on field success almost certainly prefer Chadron over Black Hills. I know winning isn't easy or else everyone would do it right? But if BHSU were to start winning and build a culture of success I would bet with on field being equal, BHSU definitely gets the recruiting edge over Chadron. BHSU's website goes back to 2004. Reiners has been there since 2012 and I believe he has been the only head coach in the D2/RMAC era. He is 23-51 and 3-4 vs SD Mines. in the 8 years before that BHSU went 46-35 and were 9-4 against SDMT. (They played the Hardrockers 2 times on 4 occasions.) If I were a Yellowjackets fan, based on those numbers I think I would be right here with Jackets-Fan calling for change. I know you can argue a drop off would be expected with the switch to D2. But from 11 games over .500 to 28 games under? That is not acceptable in my estimation. And going from a significant edge over your in state rivals to losing more than you win, and definitely trending for the worse? Can't have it. I guess it's all on the BHSU administration. Are they fine with being also-rans or do they want something more? If they want more, then I agree with Jackets-Fan. Reiners has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    OK, rant time. I am one of the "Chadron is a dump" people and I also love Spearfish. (Side note: I am monitoring the forecasts for the Black Hills this weekend. I really want to make the trip up for CSU Pueblo game). But winning is a powerful thing in recruiting. As it stands kids that want immediate on field success almost certainly prefer Chadron over Black Hills. I know winning isn't easy or else everyone would do it right? But if BHSU were to start winning and build a culture of success I would bet with on field being equal, BHSU definitely gets the recruiting edge over Chadron. BHSU's website goes back to 2004. Reiners has been there since 2012 and I believe he has been the only head coach in the D2/RMAC era. He is 23-51 and 3-4 vs SD Mines. in the 8 years before that BHSU went 46-35 and were 9-4 against SDMT. (They played the Hardrockers 2 times on 4 occasions.) If I were a Yellowjackets fan, based on those numbers I think I would be right here with Jackets-Fan calling for change. I know you can argue a drop off would be expected with the switch to D2. But from 11 games over .500 to 28 games under? That is not acceptable in my estimation. And going from a significant edge over your in state rivals to losing more than you win, and definitely trending for the worse? Can't have it. I guess it's all on the BHSU administration. Are they fine with being also-rans or do they want something more? If they want more, then I agree with Jackets-Fan. Reiners has to go.
    I 100 percent agree. I'm willing to give Reiners another year but what you pointed out is exactly what I'm talking about. Those BH Tech games were blowouts in BH's favor also. The losses were usually about a point difference and felt more like an upset. The tide has turned as you know how this year went. To top it all off BH went from something like 9 full rides in the 2000s to 21-24 something now. Tech I'm told was near the 24 NAIA Max back in those days. So why the drop off? I think you point it out well here.

6. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Jackets-Fan View Post
    Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with the most knowledgeable person on D2 football in America. I bet you have all this time to research and educate yourself because you live in your mom's basement and don't work for a living. Hope it's not getting too cold down there for you as Fall is turning to Winter. Good luck trolling other D2 blogs.

The two game winning streak is great, I'm a fan of BHSU Football and want to see them succeed which is why they need a change and this blog was started. As you probably already know since you are the most educated and knowledgeable person in America on D2 football, the OC was fired. An obvious attempt for Reiners to try and save his job. If they end up 3-8, which they should, he might survive and maybe a new OC will lead to better things in the future...Us real BH fans can only hope.
    Aww, poor baby. I wish I lived in my mom's basement, house payment would be cheaper. I feel bad for you man, you're a "real BH fan." That has to be awful. Regardless, BH has to increase their scholarship amount if they want to compete. I think last I heard it was 17 fulls. They're an outlier geographically. You still haven't offered me an answer to the sweet recruiting territory they're supposedly supposed to hit. Wouldn't you agree they should pay their head coach more? To a certain degree, you get what you pay for.

7. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

You're right, very few Nebraska kids. Wyoming has been good to them. When i said compete, I didn't mean on the field, I meant recruiting. But, looks like comment is irrelevant. Only so many Danny Woodheads to come out of North Platte. How many scholarships does Chadron have?

Wrong, BH is up around 21-24. Up from 10 when Reiners got there. Where is the improvement? I don't think Reiners is necessarily a terrible coach. I just think he needs to change up his culture. What he's doing now isn't working.

You're right, very few Nebraska kids. Wyoming has been good to them. When i said compete, I didn't mean on the field, I meant recruiting. But, looks like comment is irrelevant. Only so many Danny Woodheads to come out of North Platte. How many scholarships does Chadron have?
    I don't see that you can say they are competing for in state kids. Looking Kearney's way they have more east nebraska kids. Wayne is not much different from Chadron. Then you have no other Schools. Good D-2 caliber East Nebraska kids must go to the MIAA or NSIC looks like to me. It's no different than in SD, such a long drive west across the state. No different for either team. One seems to win based on similarities the other doesn't. Like I pointed out before why are there 8 ST Moore kids from rapid playing at Chadron and none at BHSU?

10. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Wrong, BH is up around 21-24. Up from 10 when Reiners got there. Where is the improvement? I don't think Reiners is necessarily a terrible coach. I just think he needs to change up his culture. What he's doing now isn't working.
    Yeah if they're up to 24, you're right, should be better. They have to be ready to pay the next guy though. 65k isn't gonna cut it.

Yeah if they're up to 24, you're right, should be better. They have to be ready to pay the next guy though. 65k isn't gonna cut it.
    There is definite truth to that. If a coach is successful at BHSU he will not stick around at that salary. I think there are plenty of coaches willing to take on the challenge though and then the key is keeping them around. I was told by the staff they could even move some money around and be at 26 potentially by this season but they were pretty excited about the big increase to that 24 range. I do think time is key too since much of that money is new this year. Before then they were at that 17 18 mark. Not sure where all the scholarship money went but we may not be seeing it all on the field yet.

12. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU Jacket Fan View Post
    Reiners fired his Offensive Coordinator Evan Eastburn today. I suppose this will buy him some time...
    If this is true the OC better have done something seriously wrong to fire him on a 2-7 team with 2 weeks left. If he didn’t....... this move is a desperate one from a cowardice individual doing whatever he can to save his job. Reiners has absolutely no loyalty to his coaches, players or alumni.

If he fires him with two weeks left he gets to try to say he is trying to better the team and try to salvage his job. If he waits until after the season he may not have that opportunity because he is the one getting let go. Hopefully the BH administration can see this.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOJACK View Post
    If this is true the OC better have done something seriously wrong to fire him on a 2-7 team with 2 weeks left. If he didn’t....... this move is a desperate one from a cowardice individual doing whatever he can to save his job. Reiners has absolutely no loyalty to his coaches, players or alumni.

If he fires him with two weeks left he gets to try to say he is trying to better the team and try to salvage his job. If he waits until after the season he may not have that opportunity because he is the one getting let go. Hopefully the BH administration can see this.
    It's true. But apparently it's a secret because there has been no announcement by the Athletic Dept. Or maybe the Sports Information Directer is just clueless. That's a possibility. As of now Eastburn is still listed on the Football Web Page as the OC. But he's gone. And yes, it does smell like desperation...

I expected to see more activity in this thread since yesterday. Are we past the point of caring?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    I expected to see more activity in this thread since yesterday. Are we past the point of caring?
    Yesterday was simply unfair to a bunch of kids all due to a grown man trying to keep his job. That's my take on it. How do you fire your OC the week you play the only team in the conference that cares about defense? On senior day at that. Unless he was directed to make that change from higher up it seems like a pretty selfish decision. Keep in mind this coming from someone with zero knowledge of that program but those are my thoughts as an outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Yesterday was simply unfair to a bunch of kids all due to a grown man trying to keep his job. That's my take on it. How do you fire your OC the week you play the only team in the conference that cares about defense? On senior day at that. Unless he was directed to make that change from higher up it seems like a pretty selfish decision. Keep in mind this coming from someone with zero knowledge of that program but those are my thoughts as an outsider.
    Yeah, that's not a good look for anyone. If the HC did it to save his job, why couldn't it have waited two weeks? If it was orders from the AD, even worse overall program dysfunction.

They still have the poor guy on the staff directory along with his Twitter account which hasn't been used in 2 weeks. Not to start any rumors, but by leaving him on there so long, that makes me think he was fired for something other than football and they don't want anyone form the Rapid City media asking about him. They haven't reported it so far.

Also, and it's probably been covered already here, but pretty sure BH graduated 4 or 5 starters at OL along with one of their best RBs ever. What did they think was going to happen to the offense this season?

I had them finishing last in May: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=91019
    BTW, I also had Fort Lewis in third, so I'm not bragging, just pointing out how obviously lacking their offense was supposed to be.

17. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Yeah, that's not a good look for anyone. If the HC did it to save his job, why couldn't it have waited two weeks? If it was orders from the AD, even worse overall program dysfunction.

They still have the poor guy on the staff directory along with his Twitter account which hasn't been used in 2 weeks. Not to start any rumors, but by leaving him on there so long, that makes me think he was fired for something other than football and they don't want anyone form the Rapid City media asking about him. They haven't reported it so far.

Also, and it's probably been covered already here, but pretty sure BH graduated 4 or 5 starters at OL along with one of their best RBs ever. What did they think was going to happen to the offense this season?

I had them finishing last in May: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=91019
    BTW, I also had Fort Lewis in third, so I'm not bragging, just pointing out how obviously lacking their offense was supposed to be.
    Why are there No former Jackets on staff? or any other person with strong ties to the football program? I believe that there are several former players that followed coach Long to Chadron State to be a graduate assistant, and that coach local high school programs?Also, the OC for Robert Morris is a BH grad. Yet, there are no former Jackets on staff! It makes no sense!

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...18/1888723002/

Here's a guy looking for a job. Not a world beater but 48-40 in the Lone Star is way more impressive than what they have going on in Spearfish right now. He did make the playoffs in 2014. Only drawback is he can't weasel out of going to Pueblo if he takes an RMAC job.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/sp...18/1888723002/

Here's a guy looking for a job. Not a world beater but 48-40 in the Lone Star is way more impressive than what they have going on in Spearfish right now. He did make the playoffs in 2014. Only drawback is he can't weasel out of going to Pueblo if he takes an RMAC job.
    What is the Pueblo connection? Not disputing, just curious.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

Quote Originally Posted by GWolf View Post
    What is the Pueblo connection? Not disputing, just curious.
    Angelo backed out of their half of the "home and home" agreement in 2014 (Pueblo playing at Cowboy Stadium in 2013 was the first half of that agreement). It's why Sam Houston was scheduled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast