Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

  1. #21

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
    The Trylams are up 28 to 7. BHSU has a literal hill to climb.
    48 to 7@ the half. Them Dam nerds have opened a serious can of a s whoop

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Metro area or AZ
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    60694

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    watching a little bit...brutal, just brutal

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,364
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    No surprise here, SDM offense is dangerous. BH is not.

  4. #24

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    No surprise here, SDM offense is dangerous. BH is not.
    What an embarrassment. BH hasn't lost a game like that to tech since before I can even remember. What a terrible outing, lots of work to do. I'm not a fire Reiners guy yet but things better start getting better. Like the post said earlier other than Phydell Paris and Ward Anderson BH has been terrible offensively under Reiners.

  5. #25

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Embarrassing and unacceptable!!

  6. #26

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    After taking some of this game in yesterday and thinking about it here's more of my take. Mines has a stud at QB... BH doesn't and that needs addressed right away. Secondly BH looks awful up front. Offensive line looks overweight and out of shape. I think the focus on recruiting for certain sizes has been something they have done for years instead of recruiting kids that can play. I do think in the next two years things between mines and BH will level out again as Sullivan will graduate and BH will have an opportunity to start fresh with a new QB. Looks like a long season will continue though. No more comparisons to Chadron, its time to focus on Black Hills State. Either bring guys in that can make your scheme work or find a different way. Would be interesting if BHSU played Dickinson State this year. Almost no doubt in my mind Dickinson would run all over BHSU. Yet BHSU fancies themselves better than their NAIA roots.

    BHSU needs to start winning some local kids too. Why is it that Chadron has a QB from Gillette and Tech from Rapid City, while BHSU has a 4 year starter who can't stay healthy and isn't even comparable to the two. This needs to be the number 1 priority going into the off season. Maybe that guy is on the roster already. If so great, I have my doubts at this moment. QB doesn't have to be a local kid if he can play but why is it that both "rivals" have solid starters and BHSU doesn't? Gotta win those local kids as they have become few and far between. I think I saw that Chadron has something like 8 kids from St. Thomas Moore on their roster. Not sure if BH has even one!

  7. #27

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Several former BHSU players at the game in Rapid City could be heard opening calling for a coaching change...

  8. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackets-Fan View Post
    After the most recent loss to Adams State below are the top 10 reasons Coach Reiners and the entire staff should be fired the moment they get off the bus in Spearfish. I'm a long time fan and have watched this program for over 10 yrs and witnessed the entire Reiners era. This is very long and may be split into multiple threads, sorry not sorry, it needs to be said.

    1. This is likely to be the 2nd zero win season in the last 4 years. In the fluke 7 win season teams were looking past BH after coming off an 0-11 season and BH players (not coaches) had a lot of heart that year and the D stood on their heads in 4 or 5 of those games to hold off the opponent late in the game and win. Great season, it was fun to watch. But how Rieners got a new contract after going 0-11, following 3 disappointing 4,3,3 win seasons before that with a top 3 QB is beyond me.

    2. After watching Reiners lose his mind and yell at the players after the disappointing loss to ASU this past Sat. This is a very low moment in his tenure as coach, possibly the lowest. As a “Leader” you should always take 100% of the blame for losses like this. It is your fault the kids were not prepared to play well and play calling and schemes were horrible and wildly unsuccessful. The fact is, BHSU was out coached, out hustled, and dominated by an inferior team talent wise is ON THE COACHES 100%. As a “Leader” you never blame the players for losing the game and NOT following him because he knows how to win games. Bahahaha, Reiners hasn’t had a winning season other than the fluke 7-4 year coming off an 0-11 year and previous 3 win seasons.

    3. They aren't coaching to the strength of kids they have on the roster, rather they are forcing them to play to their scheme. This is where Ego’s get in the way of success. Successful coaching isn’t about forcing the scheme you think you should run onto a team, it’s about figuring out what scheme will work with the talent you have to be successful.

    4. Defensively this year is a total mystery and major let down. I watched coach Kerr take the worst D in the RMAC and make it special a few years back. It looked like he developed a scheme that fit the kids he had to work with, now I think he got lucky and other teams didn’t expect anything from BHSU after and 0-11 season. This year, and to be honest last year too, he's stubbornly sticking with a 3 man front when he simply doesn't have the personnel to do it. If they want to win games they either abandon the 3 man front for a 4/5 man look or go sign some kids mid season who can fit his scheme. The run D is atrocious and embarrassing. The Backers are not able to flow since the D line is usually pushed back 3 to 4 yards. I don't think the middle backers can cover sideline to sideline either. So change the front to stop giving up 3 to 4 yards of push, play a 4 man front and blitz on nearly every play.

    5. Offensively they have also regressed, I think. They have a 4 yr starting QB who still cannot throw a catchable ball 90+% of the time. Completions usually come with some acrobatic attempt of a WR to come back to the ball, stop and catch something behind him or simply make a circus catch. There have been good throws too, but few and far between. Almost every pass is into the dirt and leaves hte WR no possible way to gain yards after the catch. All of this said, it’s on the OC

    6. The OC has zero imagination when it comes to scheming offense and play calling during a game. I swear they run the inside zone 100 times a game. And now this year since the O-Line is weak they are throwing to the flats the other 100 times in a game. What amazes me is after 50 pass plays to the flats don’t you try at least once per half to go over the top on a FAKE throw to the flats? Again, zero imagination, zero effort to scheme based on what he has for talent.

    7. Reiners best year before the Fluke 7-4 season was 5-6. This was with what many consider a top 3 in RMAC QB in Ward Anderson. People kept saying it’s because BH doesn’t have the same scholarship money as the other schools, etc. Well perhaps there is some truth to that, but looking back at it. I think Coach Reiners doesn’t know how to coach football and develop players and coaches and a scheme to win games. With Fulton as OC things were a bit vanilla and conservative, but I think he tried to make plays that worked to his talent.

    8. The O-line is worse this year than previous years and every recruiting class is smaller than the previous. If this program wants to be successful, it needs to realize that out of 35-40 kids they sign each year, 60% of those need to be big kids that play the line. Out of that maybe, just maybe, they can develop 5 O-lineman and 4 D lineman and have some depth. Bringing in JuCo kids is not an answer to success, it’s a band aid for poor recruiting. Isn’t the OC a former D1 Lineman? Why can’t he coach the Line?

    9. The fact that Reiners did not fire the OC after going 0-11 with a Freshman QB who was by far the worst QB in the RMAC that year with 27 Int. All the time they had a 3rd year and 2nd year QB who maybe weren't as flashy or dynamic as Ryan could be, but could have maybe won some games. Then Reiners and Eastburn followed that 0-11 season up with a season where the O-line was decent and Paris had an amazing year. Thank goodness as inside zone was called 100+ time per game.

    10. I don’t want to go here, but I am. Throwing to “The Coaches kid" in nearly every key down/situation and only being successful like 5% of the time so far. I’m not knocking Dillon here, but seriously, he’s outmatched by pretty much every CB in the league. And when you have a large body possession receiver like Swiftwater why not give him those opportunities? Or maybe try throwing to a TE a few times a game like every other good team in the RMAC does. Perhaps throwing to the least potential for success is the OC trying to be “creative”. It should be an NCAA rule to NOT allow kids to play for their Parents that’s so little league its sick.
    You're an idiot. Maybe the school should invest in football and get their scholarships up. They can hardly beat anyone in state on recruits, and Spearfish isn't anywhere close to a good recruiting territory. There are a lot of schools in the Dakotas and extremely low population base to draw from. They were 7-4 two years ago. Good years at places like BH come and go, that's how it's always gonna be. SD Mines at least has an academic curriculum that gives them a niche. But, you know everything because you're a long time fan.

  9. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    You're an idiot. Maybe the school should invest in football and get their scholarships up. They can hardly beat anyone in state on recruits, and Spearfish isn't anywhere close to a good recruiting territory. There are a lot of schools in the Dakotas and extremely low population base to draw from. They were 7-4 two years ago. Good years at places like BH come and go, that's how it's always gonna be. SD Mines at least has an academic curriculum that gives them a niche. But, you know everything because you're a long time fan.
    I’m glad they won, I knew they weren’t the worst team in this conference.. After getting blasted in Rapid last weekend, I was wondering if the staff could get the team up for Highlands. Good luck the rest of the way!

  10. #30

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    You're an idiot. Maybe the school should invest in football and get their scholarships up. They can hardly beat anyone in state on recruits, and Spearfish isn't anywhere close to a good recruiting territory. There are a lot of schools in the Dakotas and extremely low population base to draw from. They were 7-4 two years ago. Good years at places like BH come and go, that's how it's always gonna be. SD Mines at least has an academic curriculum that gives them a niche. But, you know everything because you're a long time fan.
    I felt jacket fan made some good points. BH has increased scholarships immensely. facilities are way better than they were 6 years ago. And we still can't win local recruits. My gut says our coaches aren't going after them like they should. Local kids are choosing CSC over BH for some reason. I think it's a complex deal but culture, tradition, and coaching is a big part of this. Mines is different because of different majors. Good years may come and go but all we hear is how BH isn't there yet athletically or in scholarships. That only lasts so long before you have to ask these questions that are being asked. Nobody is expecting that 7 and 4 needs to be the standard but right now that season looks like more like an exception to the rule and 3 or less win seasons the norm. It's about time BH stops making excuses.

  11. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Gridiron Bobby - :-) nice reply. Resort to name calling, it shows a lot of thought and intelligence. I don't disagree that the school and community need to back the program, that always helps. I'm a bit confused as to why you say Spearfish isn't "good recruiting territory". Apparently you have never been to Spearfish or the Black Hills area. It is a very beautiful place that a lot of people and potential student athletes love and has a lot to offer besides the school and sports. Have you been to Chadron, NE, Pueblo, CO or Grand Junction, CO or other RMAC schools who they compete with in recruiting? If I interpret your statements correctly, you are also blaming their current challenges on the players. Many of the players today were on the 7-4 team contributing in key spots. That year the ball bounced their way last year and this year, not so much. I blame coaching for much of the decline because they are not adapting their system to the strength of the players they have, nor are they really coming up with anything new and creative in their approach.
    Last edited by Jackets-Fan; 10-19-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: missed quoting original post

  12. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Glad to see the team get a win finally. The players are not giving up and seem to be fighting hard. The live feeds have been horrific this year and it looked like highlands was afraid to play in the snow. I really thought they would get a win against Dixie, because they played really hard and gave themselves a chance. The following week agains SD Mines was disastrous, not going there. I still think the coaches are underperforming, but the passes by Ryan to 87 over the top were beautiful and had touch and were accurate. It was great to see them finally use a TE in their offense. Maybe they can win 3 games this year. Can they upset Mesa again? If the coaches want to save their jobs they better come up with something to pull off some more wins. Maybe it will snow, it seems they play better in snow.

  13. Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackets-Fan View Post
    Gridiron Bobby - :-) nice reply. Resort to name calling, it shows a lot of thought and intelligence. I don't disagree that the school and community need to back the program, that always helps. I'm a bit confused as to why you say Spearfish isn't "good recruiting territory". Apparently you have never been to Spearfish or the Black Hills area. It is a very beautiful place that a lot of people and potential student athletes love and has a lot to offer besides the school and sports. Have you been to Chadron, NE, Pueblo, CO or Grand Junction, CO or other RMAC schools who they compete with in recruiting? If I interpret your statements correctly, you are also blaming their current challenges on the players. Many of the players today were on the 7-4 team contributing in key spots. That year the ball bounced their way last year and this year, not so much. I blame coaching for much of the decline because they are not adapting their system to the strength of the players they have, nor are they really coming up with anything new and creative in their approach.
    I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
    There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,364
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    I've been to and through Spearfish many times. Awesome area. That has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. The population base in South Dakota, and also Wyoming is very low. No one is going to go to BH over Sioux Falls or Augie. So, my point is that there are up against it with their low scholarship allotment as it is, AND they are based in an area that has a very low population base to draw from. You are right, Chadron and Pueblo are not huge areas. But, Chadron is in a much better HS football state and they can compete against the other D-II's in their own state. They also have had much better luck with Wyoming kids. Pueblo is a dump, but they are right down the road from Denver. How is that not logical for you to figure out on your own? Also, name calling has to be done with idiots like you, doesn't necessarily reveal intelligence level by the one forced to tell it like it is. Also, you get what you pay for. What's Reiners make? 65k a year? Look it up.
    There are coordinators at the D-II level that make that. BH admin is doing it on the cheap. By the way, how's that two game win streak treating you?
    Pueblo being close to Colorado Springs is equally as important, not as much for recruits (although they have pulled some great kids from the Springs), but for kids looking for a bigger town to go to on the weekends. Pueblo being a dump is rather relative when looking at other RMAC locations for a college kid. You ever been to Gunnison? There's a reason it has one of the worst retention rates in the country. You also don't have to drive far from either Grand Junction or Pueblo if you're looking for great views on a random weekend.

  15. #35

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Your pop shots on Gunnison are getting old. Tearing down other RMAC towns is pure laziness on your part. The retention rate has improved significantly in the last 10 years, as has enrollment. It's an entirely different type of town than GJ or Pueblo. Skiing or snowboarding in CB is a huge draw for recruits as well. One of these days Western will knock off Pueblo and it will be great to see people like you whine about it.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,364
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Your pop shots on Gunnison are getting old. Tearing down other RMAC towns is pure laziness on your part. The retention rate has improved significantly in the last 10 years, as has enrollment. It's an entirely different type of town than GJ or Pueblo. Skiing or snowboarding in CB is a huge draw for recruits as well. One of these days Western will knock off Pueblo and it will be great to see people like you whine about it.
    Ok. Sorry it's not a destination town for college football players. First time I've mentioned Gunnison in, well I'm not even sure how long, so sounds like you need to relax a bit. It's not laziness, it's simply fact, sorry you don't like it. If skiing or boarding was such a huge draw I'd imagine Western would be competitive in football. However, it's simply not what those looking to play college football have high on their priority list. I apologize for hurting your feelings.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 10-24-2018 at 02:44 PM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,364
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    P.S. I'd love for teams like Western to become competitive so the RMAC is respected and teams like Mesa, Mines, & Pueblo are better prepared for the postseason.

  18. #38

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    It was the 2nd time. You said the field was terrible last week during pickums. My feelings weren't hurt. I just don't like seeing my hometown dragged down. Just like if I added a W to the last name of your college town.

    PS. They still lead the RMAC with 19 titles, so they've earned plenty of respect throughout the years.
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 10-25-2018 at 11:17 PM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,364
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Nvm.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 10-26-2018 at 02:33 AM.

  20. #40

    Default Re: BHSU - top 10 reason Reiners and the entire staff should be fired

    Reiners fired his Offensive Coordinator Evan Eastburn today. I suppose this will buy him some time...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •