Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edinboro @ California

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Edinboro @ California

Edinboro has not been tested so far this season, I think Edinboro is a lot better than most people, but that being said Cal has shown some life.

What are the early week thought on this matchup to open west play ?
    @zsimpson_d2

Default Re: Edinboro @ California

PSAC West game of the week. Haven't seen the 'Boro play. They'll need better defensive effort than Ship to contain Cal's high octane offense.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    PSAC West game of the week. Haven't seen the 'Boro play. They'll need better defensive effort than Ship to contain Cal's high octane offense.
    I agree, the Edinboro D has not really been tested. Bloom was the best offense they played, and they are struggling. Its a complete unknown how the D will fare against the Cal offense.

This is going to be a great game to watch.

Cal is definitely the best offense that Edinboro will have faced this year - but I'd argue that Edinboro's offense and defense are both the best that Cal will have faced this year.

I think this game comes down to whose defense can neutralize the opponent's high-powered offense. 3/4 of Cal's offensive yards this season are from passing. Cal is averaging 357 ypg passing while Edinboro has allowed just 196 ypg with 10 INT and only 3 passing TDs. Breaking it down even more - I think Edinboro gets more pressure on Mitchell. They're averaging nearly 4 sacks and 3 INTs per game.

Disrupt the freshman QB and Edinboro breaks the streak. Allow him to move the ball and Cal wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    This is going to be a great game to watch.

Cal is definitely the best offense that Edinboro will have faced this year - but I'd argue that Edinboro's offense and defense are both the best that Cal will have faced this year.

I think this game comes down to whose defense can neutralize the opponent's high-powered offense. 3/4 of Cal's offensive yards this season are from passing. Cal is averaging 357 ypg passing while Edinboro has allowed just 196 ypg with 10 INT and only 3 passing TDs. Breaking it down even more - I think Edinboro gets more pressure on Mitchell. They're averaging nearly 4 sacks and 3 INTs per game.

Disrupt the freshman QB and Edinboro breaks the streak. Allow him to move the ball and Cal wins.

It's going to be an even better thread to watch this week.

I just hope Lenny Williams doesn't transfer this week and impose his will upon this game.

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

What is so special about this roster? Remember when you guys got all hyped up and bused your students to Adamson when your fan base and coach was flapping his gums. Got curb stomped by like 40 lol Or last year at your place another beating took place, Sisson took his annual dirt nap against Cal (hopefully yall can pick up a blitz by now felt bad for the kid) Mr all world Fletcher was nowhere to be found until garbage time. I admire the confidence bro. I just want to know whats different lol
    Fletcher had 3 attempts in the 2016 game in a season when they passed for 75% of their plays and Fletcher wasn't even the featured back. This year's Edinboro roster is much closer to last year's when Cal won by 17 and Edinboro was down by 4 at the half. Fletcher had 90 yards against Cal last year.

FS82: Homer is all yours this week. Enjoy.

The one unit not getting much love is the Boro OL. Trey Staunch and the boys are nasty up there.

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

Fletcher had 3 attempts in the 2016 game in a season when they passed for 75% of their plays and Fletcher wasn't even the featured back. This year's Edinboro roster is much closer to last year's when Cal won by 17 and Edinboro was down by 4 at the half. Fletcher had 90 yards against Cal last year.
    he had one or two burst plays but was trash for the entire game. had 3 yards a carry and was top 5 rusher in then nation or whatever. Either way in 2016 your team quit and was checking the clock to when the torture will end. Last year the score looked closer than what actual ensued on the field. Kier and the offense was very vanilla that game credit to your defense I guess. But your offense was absolutely getting demolished that game to the point your Qb was knocked out the game and his dad got kicked out the stands from seeing his baby boy get destroyed every other snap. I like Edinboro you guys are super cute when you hype your teams, you want to be in the conversation of relevancy so bad I get it but maybe if Cal was wearing green and white you guys would have the mental edge but I doubt it. I predict a two score victory for Cal at their first home game.

Ghostofhomer02 wrote:

are you guys going to bus students again this year? Just so half of them can beg to go back to erie by halftime on twitter again? lol

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    he had one or two burst plays but was trash for the entire game. had 3 yards a carry and was top 5 rusher in then nation or whatever. Either way in 2016 your team quit and was checking the clock to when the torture will end. Last year the score looked closer than what actual ensued on the field. Kier and the offense was very vanilla that game credit to your defense I guess. But your offense was absolutely getting demolished that game to the point your Qb was knocked out the game and his dad got kicked out the stands from seeing his baby boy get destroyed every other snap. I like Edinboro you guys are super cute when you hype your teams, you want to be in the conversation of relevancy so bad I get it but maybe if Cal was wearing green and white you guys would have the mental edge but I doubt it. I predict a two score victory for Cal at their first home game.
    Laughing my ass off at this one. Absolutely no dog in the fight, but this post has character.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    Laughing my ass off at this one. Absolutely no dog in the fight, but this post has character.
    Edinboro is just a team that you just have ultra confidence against no matter what lol

Edinboro is just a team that you just have ultra confidence against no matter what lol
    I don’t know if I’ve ever wanted a team to win as much as I want Edinboro to win this weekend. Arrogance is not synonymous with confidence.

14. Default Re: Edinboro @ California

Man sometimes the bs gets deep on here. CAL has played ODU, Kutz, and Ship. BORO has play LE, BLoom, and ESU. Stats for BORO mean nothing right now. And theyre banged up. I'm wondering if CLark will play and if so how effective he will be when hit. STarting NG was not in pads last week and backup NG was helped off field in 3rd qtr last week....on an already thin DL. CAL will be first team able to take advantage of that kind of stuff. CAL has too many athletes on D for the BORO QB. He will struggle. Last week they protected him as much as possible. Screens, RB dump offs...……... and forward pitches in backfield to inflate the completion percentage above the 30-40%...and 6 int vs those 3 defenses isn't a good sign. Boro struggles with Cal because even when we have some speed guys that most of psac can struggle with...cal matches up.

I get this is the best chance its gonna be for awhile to break the streak. BORO has 19 seniors and Cal is young. With the QB at Cal going forward and large graduation coming at boro….its probably now or 2022. I guess the argument for the upset is its gotta happen eventually. Its been since 2004. I remember when we lost to Lock Haven in 2000 it had been like 20 years....and it happened for no rhyme or reason. The more talented team doesn't always win.

Imagine Homer's rant if one of the IUPers said this, replacing "Edinboro" with "Cal".

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Man sometimes the bs gets deep on here. CAL has played ODU, Kutz, and Ship. BORO has play LE, BLoom, and ESU. Stats for BORO mean nothing right now. And theyre banged up. I'm wondering if CLark will play and if so how effective he will be when hit. STarting NG was not in pads last week and backup NG was helped off field in 3rd qtr last week....on an already thin DL. CAL will be first team able to take advantage of that kind of stuff. CAL has too many athletes on D for the BORO QB. He will struggle. Last week they protected him as much as possible. Screens, RB dump offs...……... and forward pitches in backfield to inflate the completion percentage above the 30-40%...and 6 int vs those 3 defenses isn't a good sign. Boro struggles with Cal because even when we have some speed guys that most of psac can struggle with...cal matches up.

I get this is the best chance its gonna be for awhile to break the streak. BORO has 19 seniors and Cal is young. With the QB at Cal going forward and large graduation coming at boro….its probably now or 2022. I guess the argument for the upset is its gotta happen eventually. Its been since 2004. I remember when we lost to Lock Haven in 2000 it had been like 20 years....and it happened for no rhyme or reason. The more talented team doesn't always win.

In all seriousness if you really have DL issues ... would they consider moving Staunch over to play both ways (in some sets)? That guy could wreck serious havoc on the defensive side of the ball.

One thing I have learned about the PSAC, Coaches play a big role in the outcome of games and the talent level is pretty much equal. Thus Coaching plays a major role in the outcome. Big or Major take your pick and don't forget about these ridiculous Officials, wow they are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Imagine Homer's rant if one of the IUPers said this, replacing "Edinboro" with "Cal".
    Then we'd have a field day with them. And plenty of people have a field day with Homer. Thicker skin.

19. Default Re: Edinboro @ California

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    He would have an argument though since Cal is 8-3 vs IUP the last ten years.....boro is 0-10 vs Cal. Little different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    He would have an argument though since Cal is 8-3 vs IUP the last ten years.....boro is 0-10 vs Cal. Little different situation.
    Stilling this from another poster. I didn't know the same Cal players have been there 10 years.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast