Thread: Week 3 Thoughts on ECU

Contribute to D2

Default Week 3 Thoughts on ECU

TIGERS WIN! We finally got our 1st win of the Al Johnson Era. It was not pretty, but we'll take about anything we can get. Especially with our 1st true road game coming up against Ouachita. There were lots of bright spots in this game, but also some really bad things to address as well.

Offense:

We're not very good at this. The offensive line really got exposed, and the receivers dropped several passes, and there is no clear answer at QB. Our 3rd down conversion was awful, and we only had 8 1st downs... 8! I'm worried about this phase moving forward. This game would have been ugly for UAM if our offense had any kind of production.

Defense:

This phase won us the game. They are fun to watch. They play sound and fast. We had 5 takeaways on defense and even had a pick 6. Again, this phase won us the game and they are just going to keep improving week by week.

Special Teams:

Solid performance here. We had a PAT blocked, but made a field goal, had great punts, and even had a takeaway on a muffed punt.

Overall:

This game was a must win, now we need to take this momentum on the road and play well against the other Tigers.

Default Re: Week 3 Thoughts on ECU

Does anybody have any word on weevil watcher? How’s he handling it? They should still be in the mix for conference title by end of year.

Good win ECU. Would like to see you guys get back on track

I’ve got my meds and my counselors close by, I’m catatonic and can’t eat most of the time. I’m not sure anyone should have to witness what I watched. Amazing the sun came up this morning. I’m thinking I need to pick up fishing. This weevil watching is stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    TIGERS WIN! We finally got our 1st win of the Al Johnson Era. It was not pretty, but we'll take about anything we can get. Especially with our 1st true road game coming up against Ouachita. There were lots of bright spots in this game, but also some really bad things to address as well.

Offense:

We're not very good at this. The offensive line really got exposed, and the receivers dropped several passes, and there is no clear answer at QB. Our 3rd down conversion was awful, and we only had 8 1st downs... 8! I'm worried about this phase moving forward. This game would have been ugly for UAM if our offense had any kind of production.

Defense:

This phase won us the game. They are fun to watch. They play sound and fast. We had 5 takeaways on defense and even had a pick 6. Again, this phase won us the game and they are just going to keep improving week by week.

Special Teams:

Solid performance here. We had a PAT blocked, but made a field goal, had great punts, and even had a takeaway on a muffed punt.

Overall:

This game was a must win, now we need to take this momentum on the road and play well against the other Tigers.
    The other Tigers???? Ok. Won't even be close my friend. Hate to say it but I'm looking foward to Searcy, our next 2 games should easily be wins.

-44 rushing yards? Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    The other Tigers???? Ok. Won't even be close my friend. Hate to say it but I'm looking foward to Searcy, our next 2 games should easily be wins.
    Triggered

Quote Originally Posted by sozo View Post
    -44 rushing yards? Ouch
    No run game and several sacks

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Does anybody have any word on weevil watcher? How’s he handling it? They should still be in the mix for conference title by end of year.

Good win ECU. Would like to see you guys get back on track
    Thanks! Our defense is preforming a lot a somewhat high level. Our offense almost had zero production, Coach Johnson will get that back on track in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    I’ve got my meds and my counselors close by, I’m catatonic and can’t eat most of the time. I’m not sure anyone should have to witness what I watched. Amazing the sun came up this morning. I’m thinking I need to pick up fishing. This weevil watching is stressful.
    We were lucky to sneak away with a win, defense and special teams carried us for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    We were lucky to sneak away with a win, defense and special teams carried us for sure.
    https://www.uamsports.com/boxscore.a...otball&id=2102

I am still sick! Click on the team stats

Oh my goodness. I think that’s the most dominating loss I’ve ever seen. All jokes aside. Wow.

Oh my goodness. I think that’s the most dominating loss I’ve ever seen. All jokes aside. Wow.
    Our defense won us the game. If we have ANY sort of offensive production, the game doesn't look like that on paper.

more depressing than old Haggard and Jones.

Wow!

If the ECU offense was that bad at home against UAM it’s could be downright terrible on the road at OBU.

You are not wrong. We will have a hard time blocking guys like Ernest Reed and company tomorrow.