Blog Entries

Default Re: G-MAC Pick'em - Week 4

Alderson Broaddus
    Tiffin
    Malone
    Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican

11. Default Re: G-MAC Pick'em - Week 4

Alderson Broaddus @ Glenville State - It's hard to pick this one. Glenville State 1-2 on the season, at home, against an 0-3 football team. However, the three games that AB lost were against decent teams. I'll go with the GMAC representing on this one. Get it done AB.
    Tiffin @ Walsh - It's tough to read Tiffin at this point, as they have a good record, but the team's that they've played do not necessarily have great records early in the season either. Tiffin will need to stay on track though, as the schedule sets up for the Dragons to face the Panthers, Chargers, and the SR 224 Rivalry Game with the Oilers, the last three out of four games of the season.
    Malone @ Kentucky Wesleyan - This week's coin toss IMO, and I will go with the home team coming off of a win last week.
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale - Hillsdale riding high after a big win last week, any chance of a let-down game? Not in this one, Hillsdale rolls.
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay - ODU will be focused in this week, after a tough loss last week. Findlay has struggled against ODU, going 1-5 against the Panthers since 2010, and being outscored in the series 150 to 246. The Oilers first test against a top-tier opponent (FSU) did not fair well. Will Findlay step up to the challenge? My head says ODU, my heart says Orange and Black; but when has anything good come from someone choosing their head over their heart?

12. Default Re: G-MAC Pick'em - Week 4

Alderson Broaddus
    Tiffin
    Malone
    Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican

Before I list my picks I'll make a suggestion. The GMAC does not currently have a Blogger, a columnist. That's a lot of work for one person, and over the years most of the conferences have lost their bloggers. The GLIAC has a new one this year in Riepma. Since we don't have our own blogger, perhaps we could each evaluate our team's pre and post game notes, as we know them. I'll do my normal thing here and do the best I can with my predictions.

Alderson Broaddus @ Glenville State - This is a big game for both teams. Each needs a win to avoid being sent to the celler for the rest of the season. I'm going to be conference homer and go with 0-3 AB. Glenville State at 1-2 will be a tough out at home, but the battlers are...the battlers!
    Tiffin @ Walsh - Each season Walsh seems to get better, or worse, but they are a dangerous team, and the Tiffin Dragons don't appear to be in championship form (that statement better not end up in Tiffin's locker room). Nonetheless, I'm picking Tiffin, as a challenge to the Cavs.
    Malone @ Kentucky Wesleyan - Tough pick, but the Panther's win last week has to give them a big lift. This is the Rodney Dangerfield game to decide who gets no respect. I think KWC is hungry, and maybe desperate for a W.
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale - When the Chargers dropped an opportunity to tie an overtime game to send it into the second overtime, kicker Joe Phillips missed the extra point, giving Michigan Tech a one-point victory, 31-30. After struggling a bit in their first game with Mercyhurst, but winning that close game, people assumed that the Upper Peninsula mistake would chop block Hillsdale's success for the rest of the season. Then Hillsdale traveled south to Columbus, Ohio to take on the 12th ranked (AFCA poll) or the 18th ranked (D2.com pool) ODU Panthers. We know how that turned out and I predicted last week that the Chargers do get up for big games. This Saturday cannot be considered a big game, but it will be homecoming for the Chargers who will play Lake Erie, happless LEC who do not have a winning record vs Hillsdale. Good Luck to the folks from Erie.
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay - The Oilers at home are not going to be an easy out, and just might get the W. However, history and ODU's talent plus that terrible taste they have yet to spit up from a 34-18 loss, gives me the confidence to give the Panthers the win.

So that's my two cents. If you're a GMACker, then perhaps you'll consider adding a few words to your predictions like oilerftbll. At least, it will give us something to read!

Alderson Broaddus @ Glenville State
    Tiffin @ Walsh
    Malone @ Kentucky Wesleyan
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay

Tiffin @ Walsh
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

16. Default Re: G-MAC Pick'em - Week 4

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post
    Before I list my picks I'll make a suggestion. The GMAC does not currently have a Blogger, a columnist. That's a lot of work for one person, and over the years most of the conferences have lost their bloggers. The GLIAC has a new one this year in Riepma. Since we don't have our own blogger, perhaps we could each evaluate our team's pre and post game notes, as we know them. I'll do my normal thing here and do the best I can with my predictions.

Alderson Broaddus @ Glenville State - This is a big game for both teams. Each needs a win to avoid being sent to the celler for the rest of the season. I'm going to be conference homer and go with 0-3 AB. Glenville State at 1-2 will be a tough out at home, but the battlers are...the battlers!
    Tiffin @ Walsh - Each season Walsh seems to get better, or worse, but they are a dangerous team, and the Tiffin Dragons don't appear to be in championship form (that statement better not end up in Tiffin's locker room). Nonetheless, I'm picking Tiffin, as a challenge to the Cavs.
    Malone @ Kentucky Wesleyan - Tough pick, but the Panther's win last week has to give them a big lift. This is the Rodney Dangerfield game to decide who gets no respect. I think KWC is hungry, and maybe desperate for a W.
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale - When the Chargers dropped an opportunity to tie an overtime game to send it into the second overtime, kicker Joe Phillips missed the extra point, giving Michigan Tech a one-point victory, 31-30. After struggling a bit in their first game with Mercyhurst, but winning that close game, people assumed that the Upper Peninsula mistake would chop block Hillsdale's success for the rest of the season. Then Hillsdale traveled south to Columbus, Ohio to take on the 12th ranked (AFCA poll) or the 18th ranked (D2.com pool) ODU Panthers. We know how that turned out and I predicted last week that the Chargers do get up for big games. This Saturday cannot be considered a big game, but it will be homecoming for the Chargers who will play Lake Erie, happless LEC who do not have a winning record vs Hillsdale. Good Luck to the folks from Erie.
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay - The Oilers at home are not going to be an easy out, and just might get the W. However, history and ODU's talent plus that terrible taste they have yet to spit up from a 34-18 loss, gives me the confidence to give the Panthers the win.

So that's my two cents. If you're a GMACker, then perhaps you'll consider adding a few words to your predictions like oilerftbll. At least, it will give us something to read!
    dale dude Ohio Dominican @ Findlay - The Oilers at home are not going to be an easy out, and just might get the W. However, history and ODU's talent plus that terrible taste they have yet to spit up from a 34-18 loss, gives me the confidence to give the Panthers the win.

this is hilarious.....this message board sucks.. you are right...nothing to read and no one excited about their team.

oilers are 1-5 vs ODU the last 6 years; however i'm not sleeping on this team... veteran QB and home field, national TV; ODU has been jeckyl and hyde so far.... this game is a must for the panthers to pursue their playoff quest. ODU absolutely owned the oilers last year, but its a new team this year. i like what i see from the panthers, especially the Defense.

Tiffin @ Walsh
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay

Tiffin @ Walsh
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay

Week 4 (9/22)
    Tiffin @ Walsh
    Lake Erie @ Hillsdale
    Ohio Dominican @ Findlay
    Last edited by Thunder62; 09-20-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: change pick to Glenville

20. Default Re: G-MAC Pick'em - Week 4

Glenville state
    tiffin
    malone
    hillsdale
    odu