Thread: Tyson Bagent

Default Tyson Bagent

Guys ... We have a good one.

Default Re: Tyson Bagent

Yeah, whoever the other frosh QB was that was competing with him might want to think about transferring

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky78 View Post
    Yeah, whoever the other frosh QB was that was competing with him might want to think about transferring
    Unless Bagent is injured, he won't see the field often.

After listening to the first game I wasn’t sure but after seeing Bagent at Ram Stadium I am convinced he is going to be special. I saw him take shots with the ball passing that made me nervous but he has the arm to get it in. He seems to have a good feel for the game?as well. The more experience he gets the better.

I didn’t get the sense that Darcy was even the #2 QB. It seemed like the redshirt was #2. Anyone know who that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Tough View Post
    Guys ... We have a good one.
    I know it has been only two games, but I can definately see him setting some passing records as long as he has the quality wide receivers he has now. The pick six and the forth down where he missed an open receiver were really the only bad throws I saw...those won’t happen when he gets more experience.

I know the Rams are kind of rebuilding but the future looks very bright. A freshman QB and two freshman running backs, this is a young team and they are only going to get better with experience. This may not be our year, but going forward I can’t wait to see what is going to happen. We will be a force, look out PSAC.

6. Default Re: Tyson Bagent

Yeah, he looked really good yesterday, seems to be regressing a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJacket View Post
    Yeah, he looked really good yesterday, seems to be regressing a little.
    Didn't have a good game this weekend. He's a true freshman, he was due for a let down game. Kudos to FSU for laying it on the Rams.

8. Default Re: Tyson Bagent

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Didn't have a good game this weekend. He's a true freshman, he was due for a let down game. Kudos to FSU for laying it on the Rams.
    Yes, he's playing well for a freshman, was more a dig on some Martinsburg people I know, after the first few games, they had him as a future 1st round pick in the NFL draft. He's doing well, just needs time.

9. Default Re: Tyson Bagent

He’s actually playing great for a true freshman. Still leads the country in passing yards per game.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Rumors are swirling that Bagent is entertaining a transfer to another school which I hear is either a FBS or FCS school. I find it curious as I still believe he has a whole lot to learn even at the D2 level. He threw two more picks today so he has some work to do. He has performed well for the jump from high school to college level. Just hope he considers the jump from D2 to D1 competition and whether he could benefit from more experience. Only he knows that answer and we'll have to wait to see if this rumor holds merit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
    Rumors are swirling that Bagent is entertaining a transfer to another school which I hear is either a FBS or FCS school. I find it curious as I still believe he has a whole lot to learn even at the D2 level. He threw two more picks today so he has some work to do. He has performed well for the jump from high school to college level. Just hope he considers the jump from D2 to D1 competition and whether he could benefit from more experience. Only he knows that answer and we'll have to wait to see if this rumor holds merit or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky78 View Post
    Maybe the other frosh QB should wait before pulling the transfer trigger?

If you believe these things, he had "firm offers" from Albany and Robert Morris and had "interest" from Liberty, Marshal and WVU.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 10-21-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Rumors are swirling that Bagent is entertaining a transfer to another school which I hear is either a FBS or FCS school. I find it curious as I still believe he has a whole lot to learn even at the D2 level.
    The kid is good. There is no denying that. I'd like to see how he performs during the transition to the PSAC though. While his stats are good and he has a very bright future ahead of him; his rankings in D-II going into this past game against Urbana don't necessarily tell the story that he's a level below where he should be:

Passing Efficiency: 28th
    Passing TDs: 11th
    Completion Percentage: 15th

*Interceptions: Worst in the MEC [granted, he's thrown the most passes in the conference by a good margin (64)]

*Interceptions stat is up-to-date with regard to statistic comparisons within the conference.

In fairness to him, he was leading D-II in Passing Yards/Game.
    Last edited by Raymond Franze; 10-21-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post
    The kid is good. There is no denying that. I'd like to see how he performs during the transition to the PSAC though. While his stats are good and he has a very bright future ahead of him; his rankings in D-II going into this past game against Urbana don't necessarily tell the story that he's a level below where he should be:

*Interceptions: Worst in the MEC [granted, he's thrown the most passes in the conference by a good margin (64)]

*Interceptions stat is up-to-date with regard to statistic comparisons within the conference.

I think Bagent has a huge upside. He has the tools to be a really good QB. As you have pointed out, he needs to work on his turnovers. The biggest thing he could learn at this level that would benefit him in a move to D1, is read progression. He has to do a better job at looking off defenses and identifying who should be the primary receiver once he identifies the defense. These are all things learned with game experience and the help of good offensive coaches. As far as stats go, he's got some studs who can catch the ball and they mostly attack fifteen yards and in so that definitely helps the stats. As he progresses, I believe they will take more chances down the field and stretch the defense like Jessop was able to do. Ultimately, Tyson knows whether he feels he's ready or not and the decision will be his to make. Either way, I think we would all support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post

The Ship-Shep games for the next three years should be quite the aerial display with Bagent and Ship's redshirt freshman Brycen Mussina. Mussina's numbers are very similar - 2600 yards, 23 TDs, 17 picks.