Thread: Concordia St. Paul vs. Minnesota St.

Contribute to D2

Default Concordia St. Paul vs. Minnesota St.

Another beautiful day for some football! With Dodge being listed as a starter, hopefully that’ll help get more pressure on the QB and put less pressure on the DB’s. Concordia isn’t a team to sleep on compared to past years but I’m still confident the Mavericks will take care of business especially after last weeks scare. Go Mavs!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Concordia St. Paul vs. Minnesota St.

I would expect the officials to have some water breaks today. I walked a mile at 10 PM last night and it hadn't cooled down. Same thing this morning when I did my two mile walk to feed the cats. The MIAC moved games to 10 AM- Concordia of Moorhead is playing right now- and some other games, like Gustavus and St. Thomas to 6 PM.

Growing up MSU would play almost all of their games at night, except Homecoming and the last game of the year. I'd rather have these mid September games at night- gives it a chance to cool off and probably get more high school kids there.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I would expect the officials to have some water breaks today. I walked a mile at 10 PM last night and it hadn't cooled down. Same thing this morning when I did my two mile walk to feed the cats. The MIAC moved games to 10 AM- Concordia of Moorhead is playing right now- and some other games, like Gustavus and St. Thomas to 6 PM.

Growing up MSU would play almost all of their games at night, except Homecoming and the last game of the year. I'd rather have these mid September games at night- gives it a chance to cool off and probably get more high school kids there.
    Agreed.. What’s with all of these day games? My guess is due to the distances some teams have to travel but I feel players prefer night games (as do I) because it’s under the lights after all! Wouldn’t have been bad to push the game later because CSP is under 2 hours away from MSU.

Dang feed isn’t working.....

Why is the camera feed so awful? Somewhere between monkeycam and "here Jimmy the new intern, strap this little camera to your ass and stand here."

Loving this new camera angle from the goal line lol

Video feed is back. Not bad actually (when it works).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Minnesota St. up 46-6 Half. Two Safety's for the MAVS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin44 View Post
    Why is the camera feed so awful? Somewhere between monkeycam and "here Jimmy the new intern, strap this little camera to your ass and stand here."
    LOL

Wasn’t expecting this type of domination today. Defense looking pretty solid, still room to improve though. But much improved.

Was not expecting that kind of finish to the 2nd quarter... having dodge back has certainly helped put pressure on the QB! This is a great confidence builder for what will likely be the toughest test in the regular season in Winona St. next week...

A much improved defense today. Having Dodge back makes an immediate notable difference on the D Line. Good offensive leadership by the two main QB's today, and good to see the 3rd string QB get some reps in the second half. Taromina had some fantastic long runs today, and Gunn his usual highly efficient self.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Justin Taromina's 83 yard run was bigly. He made the cutback, followed his blockers and broke several tackles for the score. 158 yards on the day. Zylstra had some fantastic catches- that guy is a weapon.

The pass rush was evident today. I was surprised at the margin of victory.

Last edited by laker; 09-15-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Justin Taromina's 83 yard run was bigly. He made the cutback, followed his blockers and broke several tackles for the score. 158 yards on the day. Zylstra had some fantastic catches- that guy is a weapon.

The pass rush was evident today. I was surprised at the margin of victory.
    I’m glad JT got more into the offense and more carries. The first couple games he didn’t seem to get it going.