Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cal Vs Ship

Default Cal Vs Ship

Cal defense shows up from summer vacation and Cal wins this one by 10.

Default Re: Cal Vs Ship

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    You better hope. If not you'll be watching playoff football at Miller Stadium.

Just remember Cal gets Boro, IUP and THE ROCK all at home., they still can lose this week and still win the West. BUT all the planets must align perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Just remember Cal gets Boro, IUP and THE ROCK all at home., they still can lose this week and still win the West. BUT all the planets must align perfectly!
    Cal will be able to move the ball on whoever they play. They just need that defense to help them out a little bit jeez.

Cal will be able to move the ball on whoever they play. They just need that defense to help them out a little bit jeez.

IS McPhatter back yet ?

yes so there wont be an open invitation to go deep on us hopefully this week.

The problem is if Cal finishes 8-3 chances are they would be no best than the 4th best PSAC team in as they'd be behind both KU and Ship assuming they both finish with at least 8 regular season wins and if IUP's only loss is to Cal they'd finish at 10-1 meaning the PSAC champ Cal. This may be the year that the PSAC only gets 3 teams in with the MEC probably getting 2 teams in and the NE-10 getting 1 team in while the GMAC gets their champion bid.

Ship's secondary is definitely on the spot after The Rock's backup QB shredded them for 335 yards in the second half last week. Feeling very shaky about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    Ship's secondary is definitely on the spot after The Rock's backup QB shredded them for 335 yards in the second half last week. Feeling very shaky about this one.
    Cal has a freshman Qb who is number 2 in the nation in passing so we shall see

My hopes aren't high, but i'm going to be positive that Cal can finally get their first W. We will see...

12. Default Re: Cal Vs Ship

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    IS McPhatter back yet ?
    Heard through the grapevine that he'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal U Alum 99 View Post
    My hopes aren't high, but i'm going to be positive that Cal can finally get their first W. We will see...
    Gotta remember Cal went to the playoffs last year with nail biter wins over Seton hill, Millersville and Clarion lol The wins vs Seton Hill and Millersville last year were a blessing from the football gods. Kier had a flawless 2 minute drill to score on seton hill with 30 seconds left. And Millersville all PSAC WR drops a wide open touchdown on 4th down to ice the game literally pure luck. But I will say that group struggled early but found ways to win, they had heart. This team needs to find its edge and just refuse to lose.

Cal has a freshman Qb who is number 2 in the nation in passing so we shall see
    Ship’s front 7 will get lots of pressure. If he holds up under pressure, and can take some hits and remain poised, Cal has a great shot at winning. On the other hand, if he gets rattled from getting rattled, I give the edge to Ship. Both offenses will do a decent job, only time will tell which team comes away with the victory. Hopefully it’s another close game like last week (but hopefully it’s also a little more polished).

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    Ship’s front 7 will get lots of pressure. If he holds up under pressure, and can take some hits and remain poised, Cal has a great shot at winning. On the other hand, if he gets rattled from getting rattled, I give the edge to Ship. Both offenses will do a decent job, only time will tell which team comes away with the victory. Hopefully it’s another close game like last week (but hopefully it’s also a little more polished).

Maybe Cal can run Rock's 'victory formation' at the end of the game.

One thing for sure ... when it's all said and done: Homer's post-game analysis will not mention the actual game. It will be about why Lenny Williams is a terrible quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Maybe Cal can run Rock's 'victory formation' at the end of the game.

One thing for sure ... when it's all said and done: Homer's post-game analysis will not mention the actual game. It will be about why Lenny Williams is a terrible quarterback.
    Always got time for some Lenny truth serum. But ill give you my usual unbiased opinion no doubt. lol

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    The KU defense figured out how to shut them down the 2nd half. Cal had one long drive, but KU was up 2 scores by then and got conservative. I'm sure Ships D will be paying attention to that. KU also ran for like 200+ so its not just Cals DBs

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    The KU defense figured out how to shut them down the 2nd half. Cal had one long drive, but KU was up 2 scores by then and got conservative. I'm sure Ships D will be paying attention to that. KU also ran for like 200+ so its not just Cals DBs
    Right, it's not just the DBs. The entire defense is down. Only Akins and Macpahtter returning and that's about it. Baker was a great pass rusher...gonna miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    Right, it's not just the DBs. The entire defense is down. Only Akins and Macpahtter returning and that's about it. Baker was a great pass rusher...gonna miss him.
    And the entire LB core is missed...

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    Definitely Baker Tarver and Hrapchak anchoring down the strong side was very good for us. Our defense is really missing The presence of Hrapchak and Tarver the most imo. Tarver was the best pass rusher we had led the team in Sacks, Qb hits, pressures and TFLs. Hrapchak just made every tackle and play that needed to be made without the mental lapses I see from this LB corps these last two weeks. His leadership on the field is missing. There isn’t any alphas on the Defense. Somebody needs to take charge hopefully mcphatter will be that guy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast