Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP at Lock Haven

Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by CUlater View Post
    Not this year, Clarion travels to IUP and the Hawks wont be sleeping on them. could be a good game again though, Clarion figured out a couple years ago how to keep Lenny in the pocket (most of the time) and make him through with a line in front of him. when you do that he's a turnover machine...
    Typical non IUP PSAC follower. Teams like Clarion and Gannon crack me up, they worry about one game all year vs. IUP.... Instead of worrying about the next 4 games on there schedule. Especially a team that was 1-10 last year, I bet any Clarion fan has no clue who there W was against last year, but they will tell u how good they played IUP. Got news for u slick, IUP has that game circled on their schedule for sure and will not let up mark it down....Also Lenny turnover machine , 33 and 4 with 16 career picks hardly an issue....just sayin

2. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

We know, we know IUP is the best. Clarion picked up win 400 on Saturday. How many other PSAc schools can make that claim? Might be a lot. might be little, I don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    Typical non IUP PSAC follower. Teams like Clarion and Gannon crack me up, they worry about one game all year vs. IUP.... Instead of worrying about the next 4 games on there schedule. Especially a team that was 1-10 last year, I bet any Clarion fan has no clue who there W was against last year, but they will tell u how good they played IUP. Got news for u slick, IUP has that game circled on their schedule for sure and will not let up mark it down....Also Lenny turnover machine , 33 and 4 with 16 career picks hardly an issue....just sayin
    I don't think they let up, per se, but the Clarion game has followed the SRU and Cal games the past four years.

I see it as a little hungover, a little physically beat up and combine it with Clarion getting sky-high for the game.

That's partially a knock on Clarion, too. If they put out the emotion and effort last year that they did against IUP ... at minimum that would have been a .500 team instead of 1-10.

Granted, we are here defending a team that is 5-0 in the series the past 5 years.

Not this year, Clarion travels to IUP and the Hawks wont be sleeping on them. could be a good game again though, Clarion figured out a couple years ago how to keep Lenny in the pocket (most of the time) and make him through with a line in front of him. when you do that he's a turnover machine...

Who are you guys playing on ALF Weekend this year?

Default IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    We know, we know IUP is the best. Clarion picked up win 400 on Saturday. How many other PSAc schools can make that claim? Might be a lot. might be little, I don't know?

IUP is well over 500.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 09-14-2018 at 08:02 AM.

[QUOTE=IUP412;2261562]Typical non IUP PSAC follower. Teams like Clarion and Gannon crack me up, they worry about one game all year vs. IUP.... Instead of worrying about the next 4 games on there schedule. Especially a team that was 1

whoa whoa whoa, too far bro, don't put me (or Clarion) in the same crowd as Gannon that one cuts deep lol. Honestly though your comment couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to me. I'm a fan of the PSAC overall so I could tell you a little about every team but I really only pay close attention to IUP one game a year. I do root for you guys or whoever comes out of the conference in playoffs but that's about it. on the flip side, I could tell you everything there is to tell about CU, like over the past 3 meetings with IUP LW has accounted for 7 or 8 turnovers himself in those games.....maybe there's a little truth to my comments, that's a pretty high percentage of his mistakes coming against one team. but come on, this is your second bye week in a row, I wanted to get some debate going! lol

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Who are you guys playing on ALF Weekend this year?
    We got Cal for ALF this year...hopping to make it up for that one

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    If you include ALL varsity games...

626 West Chester
    591 Bloomsburg
    579 Slippery Rock
    570 IUP
    510 Shippensburg
    480 East Stroudsburg
    400 Clarion

The wild card is Mansfield. They were playing football in the 1890s but I can't find their records past 1950. IUP was pretty mediocre until the late 60s. First 9 win season was something like 1967.

We got Cal for ALF this year...hopping to make it up for that one
    We always go up for ALF Weekend ... very nice event.

I tell everybody ... Vinny's Pizza in Clarion ... that's the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    Pretty damn arrogant post. Lump all non-IUP psac followers into one category and assume all of us only care about one game a year—IUP. You have a pretty damn high opinion of your own team and a pretty damn low opinion of all other teams and fans. The funny thing is, if you only named a few posters and didn’t call out every non-IUP fan, I could actually agree with you. But you did exactly what you criticize.

We always go up for ALF Weekend ... very nice event.

I tell everybody ... Vinny's Pizza in Clarion ... that's the big time.
    Vinny's Is great, while I was in school they renovated the place and added a bar next door that turned into the spot to be. I'm pretty sure I went a long way in funding the project lol

12. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    Pretty damn arrogant post. Lump all non-IUP psac followers into one category and assume all of us only care about one game a year—IUP. You have a pretty damn high opinion of your own team and a pretty damn low opinion of all other teams and fans. The funny thing is, if you only named a few posters and didn’t call out every non-IUP fan, I could actually agree with you. But you did exactly what you criticize.
    IUP thinks the entire league revolves around them. Nobody cares about playing IUP anymore than the next team. You guys act like you've been dominating the PSAC for years.

13. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

from what I witnessed I feel like SRU and Cal care about playing each other more than playing IUP.

Vinny's Is great, while I was in school they renovated the place and added a bar next door that turned into the spot to be. I'm pretty sure I went a long way in funding the project lol
    In my years of bar-hopping Clarion, the Loomis was the hot spot. There was a dance club on the far end of campus in what seemed like a barn. The University Inn did well back then but I think it is closed now.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    from what I witnessed I feel like SRU and Cal care about playing each other more than playing IUP.
    Just remember, Homer ...

It may be the oldest ride in the park ... but it still has the longest line.

Woooooooooooooo

16. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Just remember, Homer ...

It may be the oldest ride in the park ... but it still has the longest line.

Woooooooooooooo
    Idk what that means. But nobody cares about IUP as much as you think they do lol

17. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Idk what that means. But nobody cares about IUP as much as you think they do lol
    Whether you like it, or whether you don’t like it, learn to love it, cause it’s the best thing goin’ today!!!

WOOOOO!!!!!!!

This is rather silly. Of course, IUP is considered the "big dog" and everybody places special importance on the game with IUP. The only game they care about? Hardly. IUP's football history of success really starts in about 1962 when they became a perennial winner. As IUP grew (becoming a university in 1965) under Dr. Pratt's leadership, the football program improved and IUP had its eyes on becoming a big time football program. Of course, the highlight was the 1968 Boardwalk Bowl against Delaware. From 1966-1973 IUP was not in the PSAC and played an independent schedule. When it rejoined the PSAC in 1974 the good times lasted a couple years. Then, football became deemphasized and the years 1976-85 were a period of mediocrity. This was unacceptable to a large segment of the IUP community and they moved to re-emphasize football. Another complementary faction of the IUP community did not want better football and believed it would take away from the academic reputation the school had developed. The football segment won out. When Frank Cignetti has hired as AD in 1982 he subsequently hired fabled Pennsylvania coach George Chaump as the HC of football. Since that time, about 35 years ago, IUP has clearly been the dominant force in PSAC football. That is indisputable. That's your reality check on IUP football for today folks. Check the history in the link, if you like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IUP_Cr...Hawks_football
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 09-14-2018 at 11:19 AM.

19. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    This is rather silly. Of course, IUP is considered the "big dog" and everybody places special importance on the game with IUP. The only game they care about? Hardly. IUP's football history of success really starts in about 1962 when they became a perennial winner. As IUP grew (becoming a university in 1965) under Dr. Pratt's leadership, the football program improved and IUP had its eyes on becoming a big time football program. Of course, the highlight was the 1968 Boardwalk Bowl against Delaware. From 1966-1973 IUP was not in the PSAC and played an independent schedule. When it rejoined the PSAC in 1974 the good times lasted a couple years. Then, football became deemphasized and the years 1976-85 were a period of mediocrity. This was unacceptable to a large segment of the IUP community and they moved to re-emphasize football. Another complementary faction of the IUP community did not want better football and believed it would take away from the academic reputation the school had developed. The football segment won out. When Frank Cignetti has hired as AD in 1982 he subsequently hired fabled Pennsylvania coach George Chaump as the HC of football. Since that time, about 35 years ago, IUP has clearly been the dominant force in PSAC football. That is indisputable. That's your reality check on IUP football for today folks. Check the history in the link, if you like.

In other words,

To be the man, you gotta beat the man!! Woooooooo!!!

Sorry, I’ll stop. Pro wrestling happens to be one of the few things in this world I like more than football.

20. Default Re: IUP at Lock Haven

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Why is IUP considered THE big dawg and not ONE of the big dawgs. There are 2 other programs with winning records against you for the last 10 years IN THE WEST. I get it you guys are the most storied team but you're letting your nostalgia run as fact and not realizing to these kids IUP is not this juggernaut program that pisses excellence on everyone else. Cal and SRU are just as much as a big dawg as IUP no matter how bad you guys want to be polarized as the big bad wolf of the PSAC nobody is buying it get over yourselves.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast