4. Pitt State
    8. Fort Hayes
    11. UCM
    14. Washburn
    19. MoWest
    23. Emporia State

Comments?

Default Re: D2 National Rankings

The polls are the most fun when you see a #1 vs. #2 or something. Even though it's meaningless, it gives those games a little extra hype.

Default Re: D2 National Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Guy View Post
    As of 9/11/18

D2.com

3. NWM
    14. Pitt State
    16. Fort Hays
    19. UCM

NCAA D2

4. NWM
    17. Fort Hayes
    20. UCM
    23. Pitt State

Massey D2

1. NWM
    4. Pitt State
    8. Fort Hayes
    11. UCM
    14. Washburn
    19. MoWest
    23. Emporia State

Comments?
    Even crossing rankings in the polls; there are no top 25 match ups this weekend, which is extremely rare (i don't think there's been a weekend in 3 years without at least 1 game featuring top 25 teams). The closest games would be #8 Pueblo vs. #26 Mines and #9 W Alabama vs #28 Valdosta. Other undefeateds squaring off #16 Duluth takes on St. Cloud and MI Tech vs Davenport.

With that being said I still think the most important games are being played in the MIAA this weekend, I agree with Ian in his blog; this is elimination week 1. FHSU vs Washburn, UCM vs W MO; two of those four will likely be eliminated from playoffs after week 3 and all four believed they had reason to believe they could make it. Throw in Lindenwood game trying to keep from being eliminated by UCO.

On the other end of the spectrum there are 5 games between 0-2 teams, so good luck to all those teams going for their first win. Look for Virginia St. (which both losses are to FCS) to get rolling towards the playoffs against St. Augustine's (which both losses are also to FCS). The other team I think that is currently 0-2 that can get going this weekend towards a playoff bid is Miles University, a loss to an FCS and West Alabama hasn't done anything to hurt their chances.