Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarleton FB Player arrested

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Tarleton FB Player arrested

Was surprised to see that Tarleton had a net loss in 2017 of $20K. ASU & WT were the only schools in our conference (in the state) to actually bring in revenue for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Was surprised to see that Tarleton had a net loss in 2017 of $20K. ASU & WT were the only schools in our conference (in the state) to actually bring in revenue for the year.
    Do you mean profits? All programs brought in revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Do you mean profits? All programs brought in revenue.
    Yes, profit...my bad!

Yes, profit...my bad!
    Exactly which accounting firm do you work for?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I don't! Hahaha, hit that non-profit sector now

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Hahahahaha.

AF, you must be feeling good lately. You are batting .1000 with your "zingers". Hahaha

I don't! Hahaha, hit that non-profit sector now
    Did you mean non-revenue?

Now I am confused.

Did you mean non-revenue?

Now I am confused.
    I see what you did there!

The accused Played vs West Texas

I see what you did there!
    Lol. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DIIguru View Post
    The accused Played vs West Texas
    Yup! Reisman already said he was going to let Speed play until his case is finalized (trial/conviction or plea). The problem with that is Speed's a Sr and in Texas it could be two years before the case is "finalized"

......LONG after football season is over.

Again comes that question of winning at all costs vs character & integrity. Reisman. Enough said.

Yup! Reisman already said he was going to let Speed play until his case is finalized (trial/conviction or plea). The problem with that is Speed's a Sr and in Texas it could be two years before the case is "finalized"

......LONG after football season is over.

Again comes that question of winning at all costs vs character & integrity. Reisman. Enough said.
    Pops, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I’m not an attorney and I am not defending him because I have no idea what the young man has done. The article said organized crime, not very specific. But, say he wasn’t allowed to play and the case was dropped after a year or so due to lack of evidence. Then, this guy was cheated out of his last year of eligibility. I think too many in this country are quick to judge.

You would think the AD would have more knowledge by talking to Speed to make the decision.

Btw, it’s no hide off my butt whether or not he plays. If he has done some heinous crime then obviously he doesn’t deserve the privilege to be on the field.

I will add this as it applies to Ray Lewis. Bad company corrupts good character. Some of his old friends he was hanging out with killed someone and he got caught up in the dragnet and almost cost him an NFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Pops, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I’m not an attorney and I am not defending him because I have no idea what the young man has done. The article said organized crime, not very specific. But, say he wasn’t allowed to play and the case was dropped after a year or so due to lack of evidence. Then, this guy was cheated out of his last year of eligibility. I think too many in this country are quick to judge.

You would think the AD would have more knowledge by talking to Speed to make the decision.

Btw, it’s no hide off my butt whether or not he plays. If he has done some heinous crime then obviously he doesn’t deserve the privilege to be on the field.
    In Texas, an organized crime charge is only an enhancement to an underlying offense. It requires 3 or more people be involved in the crime charged. Generally it "bumps up" a misdemeanor to a felony, a state jail felony to a 3rd degree felony, etc. So he was charged with "something" that he was doing that the DA believed involved 3 or more people. Could have been gambling, could have been shoplifting crab legs, Could have been stealing lawn ornaments, could have been in the car with someone dropping off a dime bag of weed, could have been a kidnapping/rape/murder. Most of the time this charge is plead out on lesser crimes, and if this young man is still playing I suspect it was a very minor offense. Something stupid he and his buddies were doing. If they got caught shooting dice or pranking a buddy by taking something they shouldn't have then I can understand him still playing.

15. Default Re: Tarleton FB Player arrested

A wise old man told me one time and I think it applies here.. If you do not know the person involved in the situation, or if you do not know the true facts of the situation , and if the situation does not involve or effect you personally then keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    In Texas, an organized crime charge is only an enhancement to an underlying offense. It requires 3 or more people be involved in the crime charged. Generally it "bumps up" a misdemeanor to a felony, a state jail felony to a 3rd degree felony, etc. So he was charged with "something" that he was doing that the DA believed involved 3 or more people. Could have been gambling, could have been shoplifting crab legs, Could have been stealing lawn ornaments, could have been in the car with someone dropping off a dime bag of weed, could have been a kidnapping/rape/murder. Most of the time this charge is plead out on lesser crimes, and if this young man is still playing I suspect it was a very minor offense. Something stupid he and his buddies were doing. If they got caught shooting dice or pranking a buddy by taking something they shouldn't have then I can understand him still playing.
    Good job on clarifying Jake. I, like you, think it must be something minor because bail wasn’t very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Good job on clarifying Jake. I, like you, think it must be something minor because bail wasn’t very high.
    Yup, gotta be something silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Yup, gotta be something silly.
    From the article, seems a tad more than something minor. I'm guessing stealing or selling PII.

He faces two charges of organized criminal activity - a first and third-degree felony offense.
    Welch said he is unsure about the specifics surrounding the case but said it has to do with a “scam” involving people’s personal identifying information.

[QUOTE=BJ Hawk;2264977]From the article, seems a tad more than something minor. I'm guessing stealing or selling PII.

He faces two charges of organized criminal activity - a first and third-degree felony offense.
    Welch said he is unsure about the specifics surrounding the case but said it has to do with a “scam” involving people’s personal identifying information.[/en

I know zero about this particular case or charge. That COULD be something as simple as he was there while a friend was using a girlfriends credit card to spend more than they were allowed, or he was posing as a Nigerian Prince with money to send, or they were stealing cell phones or skimming cards at gas stations. Still hard to say.

20. Default Re: Tarleton FB Player arrested

And might it be said that the Stephenville paper has been known for sensationalism in the past. Just like all of you, I don't know the backstory to this particular situation, but I do know the paper has been accused of making a non-story a "big story" in the past in efforts to have "real, investigative journalism." Sometimes it's be warranted, but sometimes the paper has made itself look worse than the actual situation was...like many media outlets do at one time or another.

Whatever the case, I hope the young man gets life figured out and straightened and makes the right choices in life from here on out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast