18. Ohio Dominican (2-0)
    19. Central Missouri (1-1)
    20. Minnesota-Duluth (2-0)
    21. Indianapolis (1-1)
    22. West Chester (2-0)
    23. Sioux Falls (1-1)
    24. Southern Arkansas (2-0)
    25. Colorado Mesa (2-0)

Default Re: D2Football.com Top 25 (9/11)

why did NWMS jump IUP?

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    why did NWMS jump IUP? or did they?
    They did. And you do know why.... Probably same thought process where GV jumped FS in that other poll.

only talking THIS poll - they thought IUP was better last week but this week when NWMS comes back from behind to a team that they have beaten well, forever, they have them jump IUP - just trying to understand the thought process

Blog Entries

I had IUP ahead of NW in my poll, but it was close. IUP struggled to beat Ashland, who just lost to ODU, so perhaps that is why.

I suppose it's technically true NW had to come from behind against WU, but being down 14-7 in the second quarter and 17-14 in the third isn't a big deal. Not to mention, the game ended up being a 3 TD margin, and on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    I had IUP ahead of NW in my poll, but it was close. IUP struggled to beat Ashland, who just lost to ODU, so perhaps that is why.

I suppose it's technically true NW had to come from behind against WU, but being down 14-7 in the second quarter and 17-14 in the third isn't a big deal. Not to mention, the game ended up being a 3 TD margin, and on the road.
    +1

WU went up 14-7 in the second quarter, and then NW tied it up on their next possession. WU went up 17-14 after the kickoff in the third, NW scored on their next possession, and then never looked back. The game was never really in doubt for NW. If the NW DB's could catch, the game would have been really out of hand. There were so many balls that they just simply dropped. I mean I guess that they are DBs instead of WR's for a reason - but DANG!
    Pain is a gift Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

I suppose, but most pollsters don't jump another winning team unless some really strange game was played. Not sure I saw that. I think it came down to reputation.

Not sure of the reason why, but Ashland played ODU without their starting QB.

why did NWMS jump IUP?
    Because they are NWMS.

why did NWMS jump IUP?
    The better question is why isn't Assland ranked? Oh wait....they choked two weeks in a row and ended their season after game 2.

11. Default Re: D2Football.com Top 25 (9/11)

Colorado Mines should be receiving more votes. The CSU Pueblo vs Mines game this Saturday is going to be a bloody dog fight.

Colorado Mines should be receiving more votes. The CSU Pueblo vs Mines game this Saturday is going to be a bloody dog fight.
    With the lack of respect RMAC gets the loser of this one may fall off the chart completely.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

Quote Originally Posted by GWolf View Post
    With the lack of respect RMAC gets the loser of this one may fall off the chart completely.
    I used to think this, and CSUP gets WAY more "respect" than it should sometimes, but they have earned it. The rest of the RMAC simply needs to earn it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    I used to think this, and CSUP gets WAY more "respect" than it should sometimes, but they have earned it. The rest of the RMAC simply needs to earn it as well.
    Mesa is getting there I think, Mines is there as far as respect goes in my opinion. Beyond that I'm not sure there's an RMAC team even close to earning it if we look at the conference since UNK left.

As far as Mines being deserving of receiving more votes, they've played possibly the 2 worst teams in the RMAC. They could be the real deal, they have the chance to show it here soon.

How many people vote on the D2Football.com poll? I know the coaches poll is 33ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Mesa is getting there I think, Mines is there as far as respect goes in my opinion. Beyond that I'm not sure there's an RMAC team even close to earning it if we look at the conference since UNK left.

As far as Mines being deserving of receiving more votes, they've played possibly the 2 worst teams in the RMAC. They could be the real deal, they have the chance to show it here soon.
    I'd say they showed today that they're at least as good as other schools in the area. I've got no affiliation to the school, but my daughter lives in Golden so i visited the school and stadium in the spring. Beautiful area, great setting, trophy case was mighty empty.

8, 9 &10 lost today!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    I'd say they showed today that they're at least as good as other schools in the area. I've got no affiliation to the school, but my daughter lives in Golden so i visited the school and stadium in the spring. Beautiful area, great setting, trophy case was mighty empty.
    Golden is a great little town. Football trophy case might be empty but they have a very solid athletics program, especially when looking at the academic standards they have in place. Impressive.

I'm thinking V.S.U. might squeak into the top 25.

Beating U.W.A. , rated 8th in D2 poll ... by 34 in their house.

V.S.U. has scored 158 in their 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Golden is a great little town. Football trophy case might be empty but they have a very solid athletics program, especially when looking at the academic standards they have in place. Impressive.
    Mines got 6th last year in the Learfield Directors Cup, which shows you their overall athletic program is pretty good.