Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: MIAA to NFL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Hays KS
    Posts
    165
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    31247

    Default MIAA to NFL

    Watching Nathan Shepherd debut for the New York Jets last night got me thinking about other players who made it to the NFL out of our conference. Is anyone aware of some sort of 'honor list' somewhere?

  2. #2

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    MIAA tweeted something about it https://twitter.com/TheMIAA/status/1038819654314143744

    Eight of the 12 schools represented on opening day rosters this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerGlen View Post
    Watching Nathan Shepherd debut for the New York Jets last night got me thinking about other players who made it to the NFL out of our conference. Is anyone aware of some sort of 'honor list' somewhere?
    Current list:

    http://www.d2football.com/alumni/4/

  4. #4

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    That's only active D2 players right? The all-time list would be considerably bigger than that.

  5. #5

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    MIAA tweeted something about it https://twitter.com/TheMIAA/status/1038819654314143744

    Eight of the 12 schools represented on opening day rosters this year.
    Wow I never realized the extent that D2 players make the grade. That is 12 players just from just our conference!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    That's only active D2 players right? The all-time list would be considerably bigger than that.
    Correct. Just current players.

    The all-time list would be huge. Especially from some of the Texas schools alone back in the day!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerGlen View Post
    Wow I never realized the extent that D2 players make the grade. That is 12 players just from just our conference!!!!
    NFL does such a good job finding talent now. If you have the ability to play in the NFL they are more than likely going to find you no matter what division you play at.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Power
    3844

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    NFL does such a good job finding talent now. If you have the ability to play in the NFL they are more than likely going to find you no matter what division you play at.
    Fact.

  9. #9

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    NFL does such a good job finding talent now. If you have the ability to play in the NFL they are more than likely going to find you no matter what division you play at.
    Yeah I was all excited about Shepherd, now it seems it is the norm around these parts

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    J-Town, MO
    Posts
    1,351
    Rep Power
    86

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Who is the highest paid player on that list?

  11. #11

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    I believe Matt Longacre started at outside LB for the Rams last night. His salary is $1.9mil

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Power
    3844

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSO27 View Post
    Who is the highest paid player on that list?
    My guess is Delanie Walker or Brandon Williams.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSO27 View Post
    Who is the highest paid player on that list?

    My Guess is Delanie Walker he signed a 17 Million dollar 2 year contract. Actually check that Brandon Williams signed a $52,500,000 contract for 5 years.

    Then you have:
    Brown is $6.5 mil 1 year.
    Greg Z is $3.5 mil this year
    Mike Jordan salary is $650k this year
    De'Vante B. salary this year is $129k.
    Nathan S salary this year is $968k.
    Matt L salary this year is $1.9mil
    Pierre D salary this year is $1.5mil
    Josh Crockett salary this year is $129k.
    Jonathan Owens salary this year is $367k
    Leonard Western salary this year is $540k.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    J-Town, MO
    Posts
    1,351
    Rep Power
    86

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    I just looked up Brandon Williams with the Ravens and he is at 8.5 million. Didnt realize it was that high....before taxes of course.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    22,561
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    35414

    Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSO27 View Post
    Who is the highest paid player on that list?
    this season

    Delanie Walker - $8.87 million - and unfortunately out for the season

    Baltimore Ravens pay for the MIAA
    Brandon Williams - $5.9 million
    John Brown - $5 million

    Greg Zuerlen - $3.55 million

  17. Default Re: MIAA to NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by MOSO27 View Post
    I just looked up Brandon Williams with the Ravens and he is at 8.5 million. Didnt realize it was that high....before taxes of course.
    I'm pretty sure if you're from D2 there are no taxes taken out!!!

    Wouldn't that be a huge recruiting advantage?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •