Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Contribute to D2

Default NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State - Both teams have benefited from a very soft opening schedule for the first two games. Duluth has been blowing out their opponents. St. Cloud state has not. I'm going with the no-brainer pick with the Bulldogs. It will be interesting to see how Duluth looks once they hit the rough part of their schedule weeks 4-8.

Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Mankato - Concordia appears to be much improved this season. I think they'll play 'Kato tougher than they have in years past, but I don't think they're quite ready to take down the Mavericks at home. But I'd love to see an underdog win just to spice things up.

Northern State at Minnesota State-Moorhead - Northern hasn't looked as strong this season as I thought they would. Moorhead has looked even less strong. Going with the Wolves on the road.

Mary at Minot State - Before the season started I thought this would be an easy win for Minot. After the first couple weeks I have no idea who to choose. I'm going with the Red Beavers simply because they're at home.

Minnesota-Crookston at Bemidji State - Bye week for the Green Beavers.

Augustana at Wayne State - Both teams have been playing good ball. Augie's passing attack appears to be potent, and the Wildcats have had a lot more turnovers than they've wanted. I'm going to take the Vikings on the road.

Southwest Minnesota State at Sioux Falls - SMSU doesn't have the offensive firepower everyone thought they would. I think they're going to have a rough game on the road at the Bob. That is, unless USF's special team performance continues to assist the opponent more than help the Coo.

Winona State at Upper Iowa - The Peacock defense that was starting to show some life last season hasn't yet arrived this year. I think Winona takes this one pretty comfortably.

Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State - Both teams have benefited from a very soft opening schedule for the first two games. Duluth has been blowing out their opponents. St. Cloud state has not. I'm going with the no-brainer pick with the Bulldogs. It will be interesting to see how Duluth looks once they hit the rough part of their schedule weeks 4-8..
    Duluth overall has a soft schedule this year and benefit by not playing Mankato and Sioux Falls. Their toughest game will be Winona St.

In terms of choosing teams this week was pretty easy. Only game I had some doubt Choosing was Mary at Minot. Minot has disappointed me this year but I still pick them simply because they’re at home.

Thursday, September 13
    Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State - Dogs are better. SCSU is good not great. Dogs run for 300 yards and win 41-17

Saturday, September 15
    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Mankato CU is better than expected. GREAT example of how coaches matter more in CFB than any other sport. It makes all the difference. Currier can recruit and coach and it is already better again. Kato is good and wins 47-21

Northern State at Minnesota State-Moorhead - Moorhead isn't as good, but this will be a barn burner in Moorhead. I expect a back and forth game. Northern wins late 37-34

Mary at Minot State - Mary is not good in a rebuilding phase. Minot is further along in that process and I think Aldrich can coach. Random thought - would Hoffner still be here had he not returned to Mankato? I say no as he would have quickly made hay in the week North to get to Bemidji level and left by now. Just a thought. Minot wins 21-7

Minnesota-Crookston at Bemidji State - as per every week, Crookston loses big - Beavers win 54-0
    Augustana at Wayne State - credit to Wayne for surviving 5 tournovers. That won't help this week but they are a decent of not great team. Augie wins 41-28 exciting good game

Southwest Minnesota State at Sioux Falls - 3 weeks ago I was looking forward to a trip to Sioux Falls to watch 2 1-1 teams in a crucial early season matchup. I really thought 3 weeks ago this was the year we finally knock off the Coo. Gimbel back, USF rebuilding but still good. Coo get 7 sacks and win 41-7

Winona State at Upper Iowa UIU continues to be the NSIC ultimate schizophrenic team. Never easy to know what version will show up. Same this week. Nothing would surprise. Winona wins a crazy one 28-24

In full disclosure, by Saturday at 5 PM I will be all dialed in watching the game on my deck and predicting a Mustang win -- so there's that!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Games of the Week:

North- UMD @ SCSU. Huskies have to prove that they are real. I think that UMD is too powerful. Bulldogs comfortably.

South- Augie @ Wayne. If the Vikings don't have a letdown I see a road win.

Thursday, September 13
    Minnesota-Duluth at St. Cloud State
    UMD wins 49-10

Saturday, September 15
    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Mankato
    MSU wins 44-20
    Northern State at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    NSU wins 41-20
    Mary at Minot State
    Minot wins 21-10
    Minnesota-Crookston at Bemidji State
    BSU wins 52-3
    Augustana at Wayne State
    Augie wins 34-24
    Southwest Minnesota State at Sioux Falls
    USF wins 33-24
    Winona State at Upper Iowa
    Winona wins 38-17

7. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Quote Originally Posted by jaydin20 View Post
    I'm not confident in this decision. Minot has named Andy Jones the starting qb. Ben Bolinske is back-up.

Hummmm. Interesting to see if week 3 and 4 of the schedule; as well as the quality week 1 opponent factored in the decision.

Lets see if this post from 3 weeks ago is accurate. We will have to wait and see who lines up under center on Saturday against Mary for confirmation.

Blog Entries

http://www.d2messageboard.com/entry.php?b=2229

Zimmer is 16-0 after 2 weeks.....what in the..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Great job as usual, Witt.

10. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Good write up on the week. A couple of the nuggets I found most interesting:
    1) Interesting that our computer overlords picked Wayne to beat Augie. I'm doubtful of that, but I'd love to see it happen.
    2) Sometimes I wonder if our local guy pays much attention. You'd almost have to try to get 5 games wrong these first two weeks, and some of the scores on his picks this week were...interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Good write up on the week. A couple of the nuggets I found most interesting:
    1) Interesting that our computer overlords picked Wayne to beat Augie. I'm doubtful of that, but I'd love to see it happen.
    2) Sometimes I wonder if our local guy pays much attention. You'd almost have to try to get 5 games wrong these first two weeks, and some of the scores on his picks this week were...interesting...
    Upper Iowa over Winona? I guess we'll see.

I personally dont think Mary can beat Minot, but I'm not doing well in picks so who knows, haha

NSU 17-14 over Moorhead...I mean, I dont cover NSU but I shared the scores during the Dosch era...that'd be shocking if only that few points are scored considering neither defense is all that good.

I hate to criticize, because I'm not doing the job and maybe the pay isn't great. A lot is that we were spoiled with Deal but his coverage is often pretty negative or non-existent. There is not inside info of any sort, there is no in depth breakdown of anything. Just live tweeting of a game and sharing of an article he put out. Otherwise it is about Arizona or some random topic/political tweet. Again, maybe just my opinion but I've asked others who feel the same. Im not saying you cant tweet whatever, it is his account. I just miss Deal.

The local paper as a whole has dropped off dramatically with the loss of so many that did really good work. Papendick, Smith, Vilhauer, Deal...all missed. Only solid one left is Jacque but she doesnt cover the Wolves.
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 09-13-2018 at 07:02 PM.

I know a dad of one of the Moorhead players who said his boy told him their QB is out...idk which one or any details. So, who knows

St. Cloud with q huge gainer...he probably would have scored if #26 had blocked the last guy instead of just pointing...lol

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Upper Iowa over Winona? I guess we'll see.

I personally dont think Mary can beat Minot, but I'm not doing well in picks so who knows, haha

NSU 17-14 over Moorhead...I mean, I dont cover NSU but I shared the scores during the Dosch era...that'd be shocking if only that few points are scored considering neither defense is all that good.

I hate to criticize, because I'm not doing the job and maybe the pay isn't great. A lot is that we were spoiled with Deal but his coverage is often pretty negative or non-existent. There is not inside info of any sort, there is no in depth breakdown of anything. Just live tweeting of a game and sharing of an article he put out. Otherwise it is about Arizona or some random topic/political tweet. Again, maybe just my opinion but I've asked others who feel the same. Im not saying you cant tweet whatever, it is his account. I just miss Deal.

The local paper as a whole has dropped off dramatically with the loss of so many that did really good work. Papendick, Smith, Vilhauer, Deal...all missed. Only solid one left is Jacque but she doesnt cover the Wolves.
    Last Thursday there wasn't even a gameday article. I can't ever remember that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    St. Cloud with q huge gainer...he probably would have scored if #26 had blocked the last guy instead of just pointing...lol
    I was at the game. We commented about that in the stands. Block the guy who tackled the ball carrier and he might have been gone. There is a reason why you wear pads.

I did run into StateU before the game and at halftime. Highlight of the night if you don't count the two blonde SCSU cheerleaders.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I was at the game. We commented about that in the stands. Block the guy who tackled the ball carrier and he might have been gone. There is a reason why you wear pads.

I did run into StateU before the game and at halftime. Highlight of the night if you don't count the two blonde SCSU cheerleaders.
    Always an eye for details, by the late 3rd qtr. Laker drunken on cocoa from excessive chocolate milk is ogling the cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Always an eye for details, by the late 3rd qtr. Laker drunken on cocoa from excessive chocolate milk is ogling the cheerleaders
    The visual of this is so good, haha

18. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #3 - Chat

Duluth takes "The Bone" trophy with the 41-17 win at SCSU, not a great game for the Bulldogs but a road win is good any time. Duluth had six touchdowns from five different players and held the ball twice as long as SCSU. Bemidj State next for Duluth, will be first major test for Bulldogs this season. I still believe the Bulldogs are being underestimated by many but also understand the schedule to this point has not been overly tough. Next game will provide a better indication for Duluth.

My eyes were over there from the time that I walked in! I felt that the game was over already in the second quarter. I think that UMD was successful something like 10-18 on third down and 2-2 on fourth down. The final score pretty much was a true indication of the difference in the game- Huskies had some nice plays, like that tipped INT, but just couldn't match up.

But are they oglin' back?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast