Thread: Weekend Outlook

Contribute to D2

Default Weekend Outlook

Well, prognosticating for this weekend, the teams with the best swimmers, or at least the equipment manager's best rain shoe pick should be favored

But in all seriousness, especially since we have just moved from Charlottesville Va. to Georgetown SC, everyone needs to take a careful look at their preparations/get out of town plans & be ready!

I imagine many SAC, CIAA, GSC & some MEC games will be questionable depending on track of this storm.

Good Luck & Good Prayers for ALL!

Default Re: Weekend Outlook

Clydes...Dude, leave NOW! You are smack dab in the middle of the projected landfall location, in the coastal lowlands AND on a narrowing bay with direct ocean access. This is probably the last place you want to be with a major hurricane baring down. I know you probably don't want to leave your new place, but really, there is little you can do to protect your house or your family in the face of 100+ mph winds and rising waters. Get in your car today, head south into north Florida and live to fight another day!!!

Note: I'm not one to run from a hurricane unless I'm in a vulnerable position or I'm just not prepared for it (food, water, power, etc). But when I decide to go, I go and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Clydes...Dude, leave NOW! You are smack dab in the middle of the projected landfall location, in the coastal lowlands AND on a narrowing bay with direct ocean access. This is probably the last place you want to be with a major hurricane baring down. I know you probably don't want to leave your new place, but really, there is little you can do to protect your house or your family in the face of 100+ mph winds and rising waters. Get in your car today, head south into north Florida and live to fight another day!!!

Note: I'm not one to run from a hurricane unless I'm in a vulnerable position or I'm just not prepared for it (food, water, power, etc). But when I decide to go, I go and don't look back.
    10-4 Capn' Loud & clear
    Took yours & other folks advice & have made it to Savannah area for a few days, just hope we have a place to go back to.

Really worried this thing will slow down over the Gulf Stream & really get more powerful.

Good luck & prayers for all in the region!

Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    10-4 Capn' Loud & clear
    Took yours & other folks advice & have made it to Savannah area for a few days, just hope we have a place to go back to.

Really worried this thing will slow down over the Gulf Stream & really get more powerful.

Good luck & prayers for all in the region!
    Good! I've had to replace "stuff" before because of a hurricane. Pain in the ass and very annoying but at the end of the day it's just stuff and I couldn't have done much of anything to "save" it even if I HAD been there!!!

Glad to hear you evacuated. Even if you were still in Charlottesville, you’d probably still have major issues due to flooding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Glad to hear you evacuated. Even if you were still in Charlottesville, you’d probably still have major issues due to flooding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes for sure, central NC & Va are in for tropical amounts of rain. Lots of people are at risk.