Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Pick'em Week 3

  1. #1

    Default Pick'em Week 3

    The winners from week 2 was Pep Talk and Sportsvine for their perfect picks of the week!

    Week 3 Games for the week - Cutoff will be at Saturday @ 10 am this week.

    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines

    Extra
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines

    Extra
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo
    Colorado Mesa
    Black Hills State
    New Mexico Highlands
    SD Mines

    Extra
    Carson-Newman

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines

    Extra
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman
    Never thought I would see the day that you would take Mines over ,CSU-P. Finally getting out from underneath the dark side!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by togthorn View Post
    Never thought I would see the day that you would take Mines over ,CSU-P. Finally getting out from underneath the dark side!!!
    If Mines stops the run even decently it will be 2016 all over again. Pueblo has shown no ability to be able to throw the ball through 2 weeks against far worse opponents than Mines. Perhaps Edwards just isn't yet comfortable with the new offense, he looks nothing like he did prior to injury last season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    3000

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron
    CSUP
    Mesa
    Black Hills
    Dixie
    SD Mines

    Carson Newman

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Are there going to be standings posted sometime?

    Chadron
    Colorado School of Mines
    Western- Home opener. Turnovers will be critical for the upset.
    Adams
    Dixie
    SD Mines

    Carson Newman
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 09-12-2018 at 03:45 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    Colorado Mines
    Mesa
    Black Hills State
    Dixie State
    New Mexico Highlands
    Carson Newman

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    If Mines stops the run even decently it will be 2016 all over again. Pueblo has shown no ability to be able to throw the ball through 2 weeks against far worse opponents than Mines. Perhaps Edwards just isn't yet comfortable with the new offense, he looks nothing like he did prior to injury last season.

    Brandon Edwards has actually been a decent passer. Through the first two games he has completed 10 of 13 passes for 143 yards, one a 68-yard TD. No INTs. Thompson on the other hand is 3 of 9, no TDs and 1 INT.

    The CSUP offense has yet to throw a play-action pass. Maybe the coaches haven't opened the passing playbook yet. Or maybe the coaches are satisfied with the running game. Edwards is actually better than what he has shown to date. Overall, not bad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Brandon Edwards has actually been a decent passer. Through the first two games he has completed 10 of 13 passes for 143 yards, one a 68-yard TD. No INTs. Thompson on the other hand is 3 of 9, no TDs and 1 INT.

    The CSUP offense has yet to throw a play-action pass. Maybe the coaches haven't opened the passing playbook yet. Or maybe the coaches are satisfied with the running game. Edwards is actually better than what he has shown to date. Overall, not bad.
    He simply doesn't look the same as last year, new playbook, new OL, who knows why. He's not comfortable yet. Most of his passes have been for minimal gains, I think the TD to Cole and long 3rd down conversion to Kevin account for over half of his total yards through 2 games. We have 3 years of seeing what happens to a one dimensional team against good competition, this shouldn't be year 4 but thus far it's looking very similar. I know they are trying to RS Lamphere this season but if they want a QB to run read options he is far and away the most well suited guy on the roster to do that. Be a shame to waste the talent this defense has this year.

    Perhaps they've been saving some things as they have not yet been needed, we are about to find out though.

  11. Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    He simply doesn't look the same as last year, new playbook, new OL, who knows why. He's not comfortable yet. Most of his passes have been for minimal gains, I think the TD to Cole and long 3rd down conversion to Kevin account for over half of his total yards through 2 games. We have 3 years of seeing what happens to a one dimensional team against good competition, this shouldn't be year 4 but thus far it's looking very similar. I know they are trying to RS Lamphere this season but if they want a QB to run read options he is far and away the most well suited guy on the roster to do that. Be a shame to waste the talent this defense has this year.

    Perhaps they've been saving some things as they have not yet been needed, we are about to find out though.
    Wristen has always played conservative ball. He is not a risk taker and I agree with you about the passing game. The running game is destroying opponents, so you would think the OC would take a chance and let a few long balls fly while the defense is keying on the run. The Dixie game would have been perfect for this because their DC was sending in everything and the kitchen sink. Who knows what is going on. Nebraska and Oklahoma used to win games on the ground, but I think the spread offense nowadays has caused the game to speed up and you just can't keep up with a top notch opponent in the playoffs being one dimensional if they are throwing the ball like Mines or Texas Commerce does.

    I will add that I believe CSU Pueblo's defense is better than to one that handled now #1 Minnesota State in the playoffs last year. Donnell Leomiti will do what he's always done. He'll let Harker have those short passes all day and hope his D-line can get to Harker and flush him out of the pocket. If this happens Mines will be in trouble, because as I've stated, the CSU Pueblo defense is playing faster and harder than I have ever seen. Brandon Payer and the D-line basically control the middle of the field and the LBs and Corners don't have to get out of position.
    Last edited by WalterCampFan; 09-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Who would've thought that, even just two games into the season, Highlands would be leading the conference in scoring.

    Impressive for a program that was worried about even having enough guys to field a team during spring ball. Coach down there is doing a great job with very little resources.

  13. Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines

    Extra
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada/Texas
    Posts
    4,020
    Rep Power
    69419

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa
    Adams
    New Mexico Highlands
    SD Mines

    Extra
    Carson-Newman

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Who would've thought that, even just two games into the season, Highlands would be leading the conference in scoring.

    Impressive for a program that was worried about even having enough guys to field a team during spring ball. Coach down there is doing a great job with very little resources.
    At least the players don't have to worry about all the late hits and cheap shots playing against them.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo
    Colorado Mesa
    Black Hills State
    New Mexico Highlands
    SD Mines
    Carson-Newman

  17. #17

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa
    Black Hills State
    New Mexico Highlands
    SD Mines
    Carson-Newman

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,881
    Rep Power
    172231

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Chadron State
    Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa
    Black Hills State
    Dixie State
    SD Mines

    Extra
    Carson-Newman

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pick'em Week 3

    Fort Lewis @ Chadron State
    CSU Pueblo @ Colorado Mines
    Colorado Mesa @ Western
    Black Hills State @ Adams
    New Mexico Highlands @ Dixie
    Simon Fraser Univ @ SD Mines

    Extra
    Wingate University @ Carson-Newman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •