Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouachita Defense

Contribute to D2

Default Ouachita Defense

The defense definitely looked like they were hungry!!! We've always had great talent on the defensive side of the ball and Coach Thompson has got these guys finally believing in themselves!!! No need to talk about the offense, we all know they are a fine tuned Corvette that only needs a driver who can reach the pedals. Really liking our chances. It's early, but this may end up being the best team since 14.

Default Re: Ouachita Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    The defense definitely looked like they were hungry!!! We've always had great talent on the defensive side of the ball and Coach Thompson has got these guys finally believing in themselves!!! No need to talk about the offense, we all know they are a fine tuned Corvette that only needs a driver who can reach the pedals. Really liking our chances. It's early, but this may end up being the best team since 14.
    I watched the first half waiting on weather to maybe allow us to play. Thought ouachita looked pretty good. The offense looked like normal, yes. At some point though, the qb is going to be forced to make plays for an entire game. We don’t know that he can carry the load past being a good game manager. Not saying he can’t, irs just unknown. It’ll be interesting in a few weeks when tigers come to searcy. Should be a good one.

NWOSU & SWOSU are traditionally not good measuring sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    NWOSU & SWOSU are traditionally not good measuring sticks.
    Well it’s better than the defense did against them last year, so that’s something.

I have a question. Is OBU's defense better than Harding's? Any why?

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Well it’s better than the defense did against them last year, so that’s something.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    I have a question. Is OBU's defense better than Harding's? Any why?
    Doubt it, but could be. Hard to say after 2 weeks, and have not seen Harding play

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Of course Armo had to say that too, he generally only begrudgingly says good things about OBU

Doubt it, but could be. Hard to say after 2 weeks, and have not seen Harding play
    Harding just has sooo much speed and talent on Defense. No joke, I really feel like they will still make the playoffs again. I see SAU going to a Bowl Game.

I don’t think OBU is better defensively. I feel really really good saying that at the moment. They have fewer questions to answer on the other side at the moment, though. I do, however, feel they’ve improved some. Which has a chance to be enough to get them through the GAC. I’m not sure if it’s good enough to make much noise in postseason yet. Time will tell. We’re less than 20% through regular season. I think the rest of the season will be very interesting. Wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 way tie for title at end of season.
    Last edited by Divisiontwo; 09-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Of course Armo had to say that too, he generally only begrudgingly says good things about OBU
    OBU’s gotta earn the national respect like anyone else. We performed well in both of our playoff appearances but in the end they were both L’s. Both of those seasons we had areas on the team where we looked inconsistent and needed improvement. Guys like Armo just call it like it is and don’t let fan biases factor into the equation.

All that said I think we’re in a prime position this year to be undisputed #1 in the conference if we keep improving and winning, and a nice playoff run could be in the cards too. But we have to get past Harding, SAU and HSU first to get there while also taking care of business against the rest of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by walnut100 View Post
    OBU’s gotta earn the national respect like anyone else. We performed well in both of our playoff appearances but in the end they were both L’s. Both of those seasons we had areas on the team where we looked inconsistent and needed improvement. Guys like Armo just call it like it is and don’t let fan biases factor into the equation.

All that said I think we’re in a prime position this year to be undisputed #1 in the conference if we keep improving and winning, and a nice playoff run could be in the cards too. But we have to get past Harding, SAU and HSU first to get there while also taking care of business against the rest of the schedule.
    I’m not talking about national respect. I never mentioned that. Armo’s not a national guy anyway. I do think we deserve conference respect after 3 titles.

Everything I said still applies; also we do get a fair bit of conference respect

I’m not talking about national respect. I never mentioned that. Armo’s not a national guy anyway. I do think we deserve conference respect after 3 titles.
    I don’t blame you for claiming 3 titles. I would too. One of those for certain has an asterisk. The one last year (my bias will show here) is kinda asterisked as well. But that’s neither here nor there. Regardless, the conference, as a whole, doesn’t really disrespect OBU.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I don’t blame you for claiming 3 titles. I would too. One of those for certain has an asterisk. The one last year (my bias will show here) is kinda asterisked as well. But that’s neither here nor there. Regardless, the conference, as a whole, doesn’t really disrespect OBU.
    How was it asterisk last year? Just because Harding won the game against Ouachita? By that logic there are 3 other teams that have a claim to the title that beat Harding.

How was it asterisk last year? Just because Harding won the game against Ouachita? By that logic there are 3 other teams that have a claim to the title that beat Harding.
    Good point

I’m not claiming HU was the champ. I’m only claiming asterisk because you needed other folks to do it for you. I’m aware of the bias That statement shows. However, the first one, 100% requires an asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I’m not claiming HU was the champ. I’m only claiming asterisk because you needed other folks to do it for you. I’m aware of the bias That statement shows. However, the first one, 100% requires an asterisk.
    We won out after Harding loss. How is that getting help? You guys lose to ATU and we would have still been able to claim a share. We did our job and won more games than anyone in conference. Needed help????

Not really worth making a game thread for but we straight up wore the Savage Storm out. There's a lot of season left but I'm liking the way this Ouachita squad looks more and more each week

Quote Originally Posted by walnut100 View Post
    Not really worth making a game thread for but we straight up wore the Savage Storm out. There's a lot of season left but I'm liking the way this Ouachita squad looks more and more each week
    They were impressive tonight for sure. 4 int and a TD. Kept the Tigers in the game while the offense struggled for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast