Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cal 0-2

Default Cal 0-2

Is Cal youth to blame? Or is Coach Dunn being exposed as a coach ?

2. Default Re: Cal 0-2

Youth. Come on now

PSAC champs year one. Sure with an experienced group he didn’t recruit.

Year 2 more than half those kids leave and they still make the playoffs.

The youth is so bad because of them feel int the effects of the 0. Zero! Recruits they brought in when Coach Dunn was hired. Addition to not having as many scholarships.

3. Default Re: Cal 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Is Cal youth to blame? Or is Coach Dunn being exposed as a coach ?
    Or maybe Kier got picked off again?

I'd write more but I need to go and check Lenny's stats. I think that he is having a Harlon Hill worthy season thus far.

What say you?

-

Default Re: Cal 0-2

Honestly, Cals offense seems fine. The defense is non-existent. Especially with the loss of #'s 6,7,&8. Macphatter will be back soon. The LBs are probably out for a while with injuries.
    Cal can score points... but so will everyone they play will too.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Youth. Come on now

The youth is so bad because of them feel int the effects of the 0. Zero! Recruits they brought in when Coach Dunn was hired. Addition to not having as many scholarships.
    More than half is a stretch...one LB One DL the two safeties Two oline and Garry brown that’s not more than half

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I'd write more but I need to go and check Lenny's stats. I think that he is having a Harlon Hill worthy season thus far.

What say you?

-
    Harlon hill? Please

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Youth. Come on now

That 16 team not at least making it to a Final four appearance was a national tragedy. Last two playoff games blow 3 score leads. Second half blunders have become a thing and this is the third year now. Idk man we will see.

8. Default Re: Cal 0-2

ODU beat Ashland 24-17.

Throw more bubble screens.

#0-2

How I see Region 1...IUP and then a whole bunch of teams that anyone of them could beat the other any given week.

11. Default Re: Cal 0-2

Harlon Hill worthy season? haha. Drinkin' the koolaid. Decent game vs Ashland & an alright game vs Millersville High? Please don't make statements like that...

What say you?

-

If it was East Stoudsburg then Lenny would have played the whole game. Denny would have got him 500 yards.

Different program. Different goals.

13. Default Re: Cal 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    That 16 team not at least making it to a Final four appearance was a national tragedy. Last two playoff games blow 3 score leads. Second half blunders have become a thing and this is the third year now. Idk man we will see.
    Completely agree with you! 16 Team was a National Semi Final Caliber Team.

But at the end of the day Cals had a good run before the cut in scholarships. They have! 07-11, 14 was a true tradegy and how the season ended. And 16 was their year to get back to the prestige of the 09 & 10 team.

What say you?

-
    No offense to Lenny, he is having a great start to the season. But go look at the stats for Amir Hall, Bowie State QB or Jayru Campbell, QB for Ferris State.

Through 2 games: for Hall 730 passing yards. 6 passing TDs. 1 INT. 49 rushing yards.
    Through 2 games for Campbell: 646 passing yards, 5 passing TDs, 196 rushing yds, 3 rushing TDs.
    Last edited by shiplb54; 09-09-2018 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    How I see Region 1...IUP and then a whole bunch of teams that anyone of them could beat the other any given week.
    West Chester has done everything necessary to make me believe they are as good as IUP. Time will tell. Kutztown has played very well thus far also, and isn’t getting enough credit.

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    West Chester has done everything necessary to make me believe they are as good as IUP. Time will tell. Kutztown has played very well thus far also, and isn’t getting enough credit.
    I totally agree, all I mean to say is it wouldn't surprise any of us if CAL beat anybody, Ship beat anybody, KU beat anybody, SRU beat anybody, ODU beat anybody, Ashland...
    That is all I'm getting at, honestly IUP could be beat by any of those teams too, although I'll reserve judgement for a few more weeks. The #2-#8 teams in Region 1 are all pretty close.

Watching CAL for 2 games, they are not far off from being 2-0. IUP could be 1-1 as well as ODU, KU. Ashland could be 2-0 too. This could be the most even Region 1 in a few years.

Shouldn't this thread be called - Panic in Yinzer Land - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    I totally agree, all I mean to say is it wouldn't surprise any of us if CAL beat anybody, Ship beat anybody, KU beat anybody, SRU beat anybody, ODU beat anybody, Ashland...
    That is all I'm getting at, honestly IUP could be beat by any of those teams too, although I'll reserve judgement for a few more weeks. The #2-#8 teams in Region 1 are all pretty close.

Watching CAL for 2 games, they are not far off from being 2-0. IUP could be 1-1 as well as ODU, KU. Ashland could be 2-0 too. This could be the most even Region 1 in a few years.
    Before you get too excited about ODU s win, keep in mind Ashland didn’t play Bahl at QB and gave up some turnovers and a punt return TD in bad conditions - weather is a great equalizer

I'm not panicking, I expected as much from this year. I'm actually feeling pretty good about 2 losses as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be called - Panic in Yinzer Land - Part II

LOL.

More like Panic In The Viet Mon.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast