Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State vs. Augustana

Contribute to D2

Default Minnesota State vs. Augustana

Just a absolutely beautiful day for football! Go Mavs! #rollherd

Default Re: Minnesota State vs. Augustana

When Mankato plays against Augustana is the only time I want a Viking to lose. At least they wear the ugly Navy.
    Go Mavs, excited to see an improved game from the defense and a bit more finely tubed offense! #SkolMavs

Holy crap the audio on this stream is terrible.

Man Mavs pass defense is getting worked.....

This defense is getting shredded today. No pass rush and receivers running wide open

This passing defense is awful.... always open receivers down the field... awful

Eesh. That special teams penalty was a killer for the Vikes.

What a catch by Zylstra!!! 30-28 Auggie

WOW!!! WHAT A FINISH!!! hats off to auggie for the great game! Sounds like you guys have found your new Trey Heid at QB... But man the Mavericks HAVE to clean up their pass coverage.

Mavs 38 AU 36

What a finish!

11. Default Re: Minnesota State vs. Augustana

What a finish to this game. For those that didn't see it, Augustana went 75 yards in 1:31 and scored with no time on the clock when the Augie QB kept it on a run/pass bootleg and sort of helicoptered over a tackler just barely into the end zone. But as he hit the ground his helmet was knocked off so he had to sit out the two point conversion. Augie committed two five-yard penalties (was the first for calling a timeout they didn't have in an effort to get the starter back on the field?) and the eventual pass into the end zone was tipped around and just hit the ground before a receiver grabbed it.

Ugly D but its a win and a Road win! 2-0!!

The Mavs showed resiliency coming back to win today. Much credit to Augustana for an outstanding effort.
    MSU defense wasn't getting much pressure on the QB. Hopefully they get some of the injured players back soon. Not sure if Dodge will be back this season or not on the D Line.
    I was amazed at the 4th and 17 call by the Mav O coordinator late in the 4th quarter. Amazingly the long pass worked, and set up the winning touchdown to go up by 8 with 1:30 left to play.
    CSP at home next Saturday; they beat UI quite soundly today so will present a definite challenge I believe.
    Nate Gunn with 131 yards today, and Zylstra with 7 receptions; both outstanding performances.

Definitely need to sure up that defense. Augie qb is real good but there were many wide open receivers.

I’m curious why Taormina (spelling?) has only gotten 5 or so carries each of these two games.

I'm also surprised Taromina isn't getting more carries. He is lightning-fast.
    Curious as to whether they will continue alternating Schlicte and Ekowa, or if they will stay mainly with Schlicte. Ekowa is an excellent running QB, and I would assume that against certain teams he will get a lot of reps.
    Bednarski is a great weapon as a kicker; I don't believe Augustana returned any kickoffs today.

Just returned home from game. Fun game if you offense, Augustana went toe to toe with the #3 country and came up a little short. After last seasons 4-7 season the loss seemed like a victory knowing the Vikings can play with any team in the NSIC. Bednarski, Schlichte, Gunn and Zlystra what a offensive juggarnaut

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Just returned home from game. Fun game if you offense, Augustana went toe to toe with the #3 country and came up a little short. After last seasons 4-7 season the loss seemed like a victory knowing the Vikings can play with any team in the NSIC. Bednarski, Schlichte, Gunn and Zlystra what a offensive juggarnaut
    Came to see you before the game but you must not have been there yet. Came over with Witt at halftime but someone said you were out at that time. Heck of a game- bad for the blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Came to see you before the game but you must not have been there yet. Came over with Witt at halftime but someone said you were out at that time. Heck of a game- bad for the blood pressure.
    At halftime I was enjoying a butter pecan waffle cone by the Ice cream vendor! Stayed there knowing you like Ice cream haha. Darn it... was hoping to see you. Great teams seem to pull off victories when it's a close game. Both teams were at full boil on offense, if Bednarski was an average kicker/punter the Vikings would have won. Nice work the Shriners do and they did a great job on our national anthem singing.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

At halftime I was enjoying a butter pecan waffle cone by the Ice cream vendor! Stayed there knowing you like Ice cream haha. Darn it... was hoping to see you. Great teams seem to pull off victories when it's a close game. Both teams were at full boil on offense, if Bednarski was an average kicker/punter the Vikings would have won. Nice work the Shriners do and they did a great job on our national anthem singing.
    The other Vikings are playing today. They will have the speakers blasting to deafening levels. They will over hype the event. Yesterday there was a group who spends their time and money to help those most in need. I have to take my hundreds of hats off to those who wear those fezzes. Another reason why I love college football and barely tolerate the NFL. So many people worship the pros but I enjoy the pagentry like I saw yesterday.

Casey's kicks were amazing. Witt talked to him a little at half- I'm not sure if he even left the field- he was upset about missing that long field goal right before half.

I did have some Cookies and Cream up at the Jacks game.

Blog Entries

If I knew they have butter pecan waffle cone ice cream, I wouldn't have been looking for you VKF....I would've been in-line getting some of that myself..haha!

Heckuva game. I have sunburn all about the face today..a crimson mask. It was hot down on the turf field.

Obviously Augie has become far more capable year-to-year....but both the Vikings and Mavericks can be had in the back half..and if you are a Mavs fan, it's a real concern..paired with the front 4 not getting to the quarterback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast