Contribute to D2

Default Week 2 Game Thread

Away Team Home Team Score Time
    Charleston Concord 42-21 FINAL
    WV Wesleyan West Liberty 34-37 FINAL
    Notre Dame Glenville St. 27-17 FINAL
    UVa-Wise WV State 12-33 FINAL
    Urbana Fairmont St. 7-45 FINAL
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 09-08-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

WLU goes to 1-1 on the season. 267 rushing yards...for the Hilltoppers. Two weeks in a row WLU had over 200 rushing yards. That's just CRAZY talk! TWO backs with 100+ yards...what is this, bizaro land??

Things get much harder next week as the Toppers visit 2-0 Charleston.

Went to the WL game, the QB isn’t much of a thrower but he can sure run the ball. They made him look like the white Mike Vick at times lol. They tried to give it away but it’s nice to see them close it out at least. Good thing they missed the field goal.
    Last edited by Layton; 09-07-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Went to the WL game, the QB isn’t much of a thrower but he can sure run the ball. They made him look like the white Mike Vick at times lol. They tried to give it away but it’s nice to see them close it out at least. Good thing they missed the field goal.
    Last week and this week showed me that WLU doesn't really know "how" to win. Given how bad they have been for a while now, that's not surprising. Hopefully this week has shown them that when they have their foot on an opponents throat, they need to finish them off. Hopefully they realize now that a 24 point lead heading into the 4th qtr can evaporate rather quickly if you let the other team up off the mat.

Phillips...White Vic...Yea, a lot like that. Boy can RUN, that's for sure! Passing is another story...he ain't doing very well in that department. But at least when he miss fires, he miss fires LOW and not high. If he doesn't clean this up and become an at least serviceable passer, it will bite us in future games.

Two games into the season and WLU has two backs averaging 100 rushing yards per game. Who would have ever thought THAT was ever going to happen? Almost as unlikely as WLU having a starting QB throw for only 49 yards in a game!!!

Remember who we played, two of the weaker teams in the conference.

6. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

No excuse for letting Wesleyan even close if you are championship program.

7. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Urbana vs FSU
    17-7 in the 2nd quarter. FSU with a punt return for TD and a blocked field goal.

8. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

FSU up 31-7. Stephen Turner with a big interception for FSU followed by a 46 yard TD pass. 5:40 left in 2nd

9. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

FSU denfensuce front looks solid but our corners are getting burned. Great play from the LB unit though.

10. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

31-7 FSU on top of Urbana at the half. FSU's defense is playing big with two turnovers. The offense is moving the ball well both on the ground and through the air. At times Urbana has shown they can throw the ball deep on our corners. However, they've been shooting themselves in the foot with mistakes on offense and FSU has capitalized on them.

WJU up 14-0 on Hocking College in the second in their inaugural game

24-6 at the half

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCoach View Post
    No excuse for letting Wesleyan even close if you are championship program.
    True. WLU is NOT a championship team by a long shot. I'm sticking with my 4 win prediction.

Does anyone know what type of division Hocking College is in, I’m guessing NAIA or something like that. Their schedule says JV for this game I’m not sure if it’s their JV or WJU’s. Either way WJU won big. I looked at WJU’s roster and every player is a freshman wonder why they didn’t get any transfers? Were they only allowed to recruit freshman?

Disappointed about the loss to WV State. Wise needs to do better soon.

Good to see the two defector schools are being sent out in style...0-3 two weeks into the season!

Meanwhile, the two programs coming in to the MEC next year stand at 3-0 on the year after Frostburg States 47-7 win over TCNJ and WJs First game W over Hocking.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 09-08-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Good to see the two defector schools are being sent out in style...0-3 two weeks into the season!

Meanwhile, the two programs coming in to the MEC next year stand at 3-0 on the year after Frostburg States 47-7 win over TCNJ and WJs First game W over Hocking.
    Shep won't lose again, however.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Shep won't lose again, however.
    Maybe...maybe not.

19. Default Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Does anyone know what type of division Hocking College is in, I’m guessing NAIA or something like that. Their schedule says JV for this game I’m not sure if it’s their JV or WJU’s. Either way WJU won big. I looked at WJU’s roster and every player is a freshman wonder why they didn’t get any transfers? Were they only allowed to recruit freshman?
    Hocking's a JUCO. To my knowledge they brought their varsity team, though I don't know why they have it listed as a JV game. Maybe they thought we were the JV team.

Bruney chose to only recruit freshmen. He wanted start this process from the ground up and build around a core group of players that will be here for four seasons. He's treating this season like it's an extended training camp. As the season goes on, he'll see what spots they're weak in and recruit freshman and transfers accordingly. Remember we have an entire year before our games actually have meaning.

From the parts I saw, it looked a good game, even with all of the rain. Final score was 38-14. Obviously there's a lot that needs to be worked on, but there's a lot of potential with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post

Loser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast