Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: OT: Iggles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    209
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    2984

    Default OT: Iggles

    Starting this thread because I really want a thread where our resident Steelers fans tell the rest of us that the Eagles won't repeat.

    Kidding aside, should be an interesting year. The roster is still deep but the team already has injury concerns at several positions, and we all know injuries will happen during games too. The Eagles' depth will be tested. Falcons tonight is a big test right out of the gate, and while Foles can apparently pull off magic if he wants, I'm not sure it happens here. I'm giving my prediction to the Falcons, with my fingers crossed that I'm wrong. For the season, I'm predicting Wentz gets back and leads the team to another NFC East title and a 11-5 finish.

  2. #2

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    This will be an IUP football discussion thread by the 5th posting. lol

    Guarantee.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    30802

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Former IUP TE Paul Kovell was signed by the Eagles in 1991, but didn't play in a game. I'm guessing he didn't make the roster after camp, but I can't remember.

    There, I made it an IUP thread by the third post, LOL.

    I think the Eagles have a great team, but I just don't see a repeat. First of all, it's just too hard to pull off even in the best of situations. Secondly, the NFC is really deep and there are a number of teams that contend.

  4. #4

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    This D2football board apparently does not care about the NFL which makes no sense its the highest level of the sport we all love lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    30802

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    This D2football board apparently does not care about the NFL which makes no sense its the highest level of the sport we all love lol
    This is the D2football message board, and not NFL.com. Maybe you should go there, not that we'd like to see you leave or anything.

  6. #6

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    This is the D2football message board, and not NFL.com. Maybe you should go there, not that we'd like to see you leave or anything.
    D2 D3 D5 board dont matter the NFL is more relevant. Much rather talk about the iggles or lers than IUP and Cal or the PSAC a league with zero parity lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    2984

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    This D2football board apparently does not care about the NFL which makes no sense its the highest level of the sport we all love lol
    Weird to say when the Le'Veon Bell thread reached 8 pages in 2 days.

  8. #8

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Weird to say when the Le'Veon Bell thread reached 8 pages in 2 days.
    Half of it was them just hating lol

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    25757

    Default

    My personal preference is to discuss the Eagles on the Philadelphiaeagles.com message board (which I already do) and D2 football (with occasional digressions about other levels of football) here.

    Incidentally, I think Mike Reichenbach is the most prominent ESU player to have have played with the Eagles. Also, former ESU standout Mike Lush played with (much missed to me) USFL’s Philadelphia Stars.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    30802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    My personal preference is to discuss the Eagles on the Philadelphiaeagles.com message board (which I already do) and D2 football (with occasional digressions about other levels of football) here.

    Incidentally, I think Mike Reichenbach is the most prominent ESU player to have have played with the Eagles. Also, former ESU standout Mike Lush played with (much missed to me) USFL’s Philadelphia Stars.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I miss the USFL. The Pittsburgh Maulers were awful though. With all that’s gone on with the NFL as of late, it’s almost conceivable that an alternative league would stand a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moon Township, PA
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    1245

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Eagles crash and burn. Pictures at 11. Go Falcons.

  12. Default Re: OT: Iggles

    All-time Eagles hit man Andre Waters was Cheyney product

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moon Township, PA
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    1245

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Wentz out for a few more weeks. LCL damage delaying recovery.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,167
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Wentz out for a few more weeks. LCL damage delaying recovery.

    Maybe he should become the Stillers next RB...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,167
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Eagles crash and burn. Pictures at 11. Go Falcons.

    I expect them to have a Super Bowl
    Hangover. The Dirty Birds are probably still hissed.

    The nagging scab in Philly sports was healed. We won the SB. It’s like what do we do now? Yeah winning another one will be great but nothing will ever feel the same as the win in FEb. so if they don’t do so well this year it’s not the city crisis it would had they not won a SB.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 09-06-2018 at 07:32 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,167
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    I see The Dirty Birds are favored by a point.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,557
    Rep Power
    5780

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    E-a-g-l-e-s win!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    E-a-g-l-e-s win!!!
    Stolen... both teams looked terrible!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,167
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Stolen... both teams looked terrible!!!

    I’ll take a stolen win. It only matters that Philadelphia wins.

  20. #20

    Default Re: OT: Iggles

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    I miss the USFL. The Pittsburgh Maulers were awful though. With all that’s gone on with the NFL as of late, it’s almost conceivable that an alternative league would stand a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then a player from that league respectfully protests police brutality and ruins it because somehow that means he hates America and the troops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •