Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    The team that first exposed NW last year looks to do it again. Bods D is fast, and O will be physical. BODS 2O- NW 14

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moberly, MO
    Posts
    1,593
    Rep Power
    40331

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    The only thing physical you've seen lately is when your Dr. grabbed your balls and told you to cough.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Tds and Tears


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moberly, MO
    Posts
    1,593
    Rep Power
    40331

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Tds and Tears
    Okay Bessie.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Ive heard the NW Dline is smaller. WU oline is big and fairly athletic. Look for them to really get it together in game 2. NW will have to rely on speed and rotating guys otherwise I think it is a mauling.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,824
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Ive heard the NW Dline is smaller. WU oline is big and fairly athletic. Look for them to really get it together in game 2. NW will have to rely on speed and rotating guys otherwise I think it is a mauling.
    To be fair, you just described what NW has always been good at. I hope the bods get it done, but your reasoning is a little off.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Ive heard the NW Dline is smaller. WU oline is big and fairly athletic. Look for them to really get it together in game 2. NW will have to rely on speed and rotating guys otherwise I think it is a mauling.
    Dline for NW was a bit smaller for the first game. It will depend if a couple injured kids are back in the lineup. The middle of the line is a bit smaller than as of late. The LB group is pretty deep and secondary has some good players. It'll be interesting to see. If NW passes the Washburn o-line test and offense puts up more points that will really show the bar for this years NW team. NW team this year is going to have to grow as the year goes on as they are a very young team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    To be fair, you just described what NW has always been good at. I hope the bods get it done, but your reasoning is a little off.
    I wouldnt consider their typical Dline undersized. Usually long and athletic and some stout kids in the middle

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    I wouldnt consider their typical Dline undersized. Usually long and athletic and some stout kids in the middle
    They still weigh 260-300lbs according to roster even though to the eye they look a bit smaller. Roster wise if weight is accurate then they aren't.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    Dline for NW was a bit smaller for the first game. It will depend if a couple injured kids are back in the lineup. The middle of the line is a bit smaller than as of late. The LB group is pretty deep and secondary has some good players. It'll be interesting to see. If NW passes the Washburn o-line test and offense puts up more points that will really show the bar for this years NW team. NW team this year is going to have to grow as the year goes on as they are a very young team.
    Defense I think will be good still. NW offense not sure. Benedict Caldwell didn't do alot last game, and OL still looks weak

  11. #11

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Ive heard the NW Dline is smaller. WU oline is big and fairly athletic. Look for them to really get it together in game 2. NW will have to rely on speed and rotating guys otherwise I think it is a mauling.
    I didn't realize how physically weak FH has gotten in one year. Only rushing for 3.3 yard average vs. UCM? Only 307 total yards while giving up over 500. Good thing Bolles got hurt, otherwise you were getting flat beat down.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    under a bridge
    Posts
    5,722
    Rep Power
    31034

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Hunger. That's what this one is all about. Talk of "size" and "speed" misses the point. Washburn is the premiere school in the league, and has been since joining the MIAA, but for too many years now we have accepted athletic mediocrity and been left out in the cold. That has now changed. Every Bod player on the field feels this. The Washburn Dynasty of Domination begins tonight. The Big Bad Bod beat-down of opponents gets started at kick-off tonight in beautiful Yeager Stadium. Fact is, Northwest is not the Northwest of the Dorrell and Mel years. And every player in Green knows it. Sad, but true.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by catz54 View Post
    I didn't realize how physically weak FH has gotten in one year. Only rushing for 3.3 yard average vs. UCM? Only 307 total yards while giving up over 500. Good thing Bolles got hurt, otherwise you were getting flat beat down.
    Whats that got to do with NW's 6 pm reservation for an ass whooping? Keep looking for ways to distract yourself....

  14. #14

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    Hunger. That's what this one is all about. Talk of "size" and "speed" misses the point. Washburn is the premiere school in the league, and has been since joining the MIAA, but for too many years now we have accepted athletic mediocrity and been left out in the cold. That has now changed. Every Bod player on the field feels this. The Washburn Dynasty of Domination begins tonight. The Big Bad Bod beat-down of opponents gets started at kick-off tonight in beautiful Yeager Stadium. Fact is, Northwest is not the Northwest of the Dorrell and Mel years. And every player in Green knows it. Sad, but true.
    Premiere? C'mon...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    29477

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Defense I think will be good still. NW offense not sure. Benedict Caldwell didn't do alot last game, and OL still looks weak
    Thanks for your irrelevant opinions. Now move on. Stop back when you have one natty, much less 6. Hayes has enough to worry about this year.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chillicothe...Home of Sliced Bread
    Posts
    3,780
    Rep Power
    50475

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Whats that got to do with NW's 6 pm reservation for an ass whooping? Keep looking for ways to distract yourself....
    ...or looks at ways to bring attention to yourself by starting a new thread. Catz throws out a relevant stat about the Tally-less Hayes OL and you dodge it.
    IH8FERRIS

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,824
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    I wouldnt consider their typical Dline undersized. Usually long and athletic and some stout kids in the middle
    You said they will have to rely on depth and speed. That's what has always made them so good.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    ...or looks at ways to bring attention to yourself by starting a new thread. Catz throws out a relevant stat about the Tally-less Hayes OL and you dodge it.
    NW OL is Tallywacker-less.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    You said they will have to rely on depth and speed. That's what has always made them so good.
    And the years they had giant 6'4 twin d ends. That's what I think of atleast. But as far as lbs and secondary, you are in the right.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: NW Vs WU - The Moore Bowl Massacre

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    And the years they had giant 6'4 twin d ends. That's what I think of atleast. But as far as lbs and secondary, you are in the right.
    They have the DE Eskew back from last year. They lost Gruenloh. It's the middle of the line that is all different.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •