Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

Contribute to D2

Default Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

CSUP, 6 quick TD's and no sustained scoring drives. Makes a person wonder if they are the real deal. Dixie St. packed the box to tight to stop the run. All CSUP backs had to do was get past the line of scrimmage. Big yards on 6 big plays. Chadron had a good game with BHSU. Should be a good game. CSUP needs to show they can drive the ball and sustain the drive. Would like to see a little more passing. Cut down on the Penalties and fumbles!

Default Re: Chadron vs. CSU Pueblo

I saw this in another thread. Dixie State packed the box to stop the run and "got caught".

Maybe I'm not as smart about football as I think I am, but to me, packing the box is bringing seven or eight guys in close to the line, to get a numbers advantage at the point of attack. In general, shouldn't "packing the box" prevent big running plays? Even sweeps should be mitigated to some extent if you have an outside linebacker playing contain.

Sounds to me like either Dixie LBs just made horrible defensive reads, or can't tackle, whether they had put eight in the box or five. Didn't watch the game, so I don't know. I've just read like twice by Pueblo fans that "packing the box" was a strategic blunder by Dixie and they might have defended better had they not. I don't see how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    I saw this in another thread. Dixie State packed the box to stop the run and "got caught".

Maybe I'm not as smart about football as I think I am, but to me, packing the box is bringing seven or eight guys in close to the line, to get a numbers advantage at the point of attack. In general, shouldn't "packing the box" prevent big running plays? Even sweeps should be mitigated to some extent if you have an outside linebacker playing contain.

Sounds to me like either Dixie LBs just made horrible defensive reads, or can't tackle, whether they had put eight in the box or five. Didn't watch the game, so I don't know. I've just read like twice by Pueblo fans that "packing the box" was a strategic blunder by Dixie and they might have defended better had they not. I don't see how that's possible.
    Put 8 in the box, with no help, and as soon as you get beat with 1 cut there's no help. Pueblo ran from a spread as opposed to 3 TEs which spreads the defense out, when any of their 3 RBs makes 1 guy miss it's a foot race.

When you have a slow defense playing with the majority of the team at one level close to the line, either by alignment like a 6-2 or blitzing, against a faster offense it gives the offense a huge advantage. One guy on defense misses his assignment or gets beat and the running back is up to the safeties, who usually take poor tackling angles when things like what happened last week occur.

I missed the game last week as well so I don’t know if that was Dixies issue.

Anything is posssible. See for yourself ...

https://www.facebook.com/PackFootbal...5594994971059/

Come on Chadron fans. Post something that we can respond too. We know you all had a great win against hapless BHSU, much like our win against Dixie St.

I guess the Chadron faithful are not available for comment on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    I guess the Chadron faithful are not available for comment on the game.
    I'll bite....if we can run the football we'll give ourselves a chance at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    I'll bite....if we can run the football we'll give ourselves a chance at the end.
    We are happy that you responded. That's the sprit! Good luck in todays game.

Quote Originally Posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    Will the Eagles pack the box like Dixie St. did to stop our run?

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Will the Eagles pack the box like Dixie St. did to stop our run?
    Couldn't tell ya. That is a double edged sword for sure. The run game is the key for sure. Whoever stops the run and is able to run will win the game.

Chadron's punter is having a rough game.

Honestly, I am tired of Chadron's offensive playcalling, it's gone stale over the years, especially against quality competition. Zero innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Chadron's punter is having a rough game.
    4 punts for an average of 23 yards is the difference thus far, Pueblo leads 7-0 at the end of the 1st.

3 CSUP possessions starting in Chadron territory in the first quarter

Defensively, Chadron is playing well. If it weren't for field position, they might not be losing.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsvine View Post
    Defensively, Chadron is playing well. If it weren't for field position, they might not be losing.
    Agreed. Chadron looks scared on offense. Pueblo blocks a punt and starts the drive on the 1 yard line, 14-0.

CSUP punt return team >>> the Chadron punt team
    Other than that the Chadron defense is playing great, CSUP’s starting field position has to be close to the Chadron 40

To be fair to Chadron, the Pueblo defense is playing very well.

70 yard TD run for Pueblo, 21-0.

Great pass by Chadron, which is the only way they're gonna move the ball, PAT blocked. 21-6

Why people think the way to beat Pueblo is to run is beyond me, the only time Chadron has had success offensively the last several years against CSU-P is by throwing the ball.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast