Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCM QB Bolles out for...

Contribute to D2

Default UCM QB Bolles out for...

...at least the next game. Isn’t listed on the two deep at all. Probably hear more tonight at the Coaches show. Have a feeling he’s going to be out for a while.

Default Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

I wish him the best to play; I think UCM makes the playoffs with him at the helm. Going to be much tougher to do so without him.

The Mules were looking at two losses before the season started if only lost one then that would have been a plus, but Boda and company always find a way to lose a game they were favored now three or four losses is not out of the question. A ten point lead with five minutes to play then give up two touchdowns and can't run clock is not good. The second string qb should have been able to bring it home. Unless Bolles only misses the next game this year is in jeopardy.

4. Default Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

Quote Originally Posted by FightnMulz View Post
    ...at least the next game. Isn’t listed on the two deep at all. Probably hear more tonight at the Coaches show. Have a feeling he’s going to be out for a while.

Where can we view the depth chart or do you just have inside information regarding the depth chart?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    Where can we view the depth chart or do you just have inside information regarding the depth chart?
    No insider information. Just what is on the two deep.

No insider information. Just what is on the two deep.
    Any news from the radio show tonight

They will split reps with Bradley and Hunt on Thursday. Bolles out indefinitely. Both QBs are big and mobile but not near as fast as Bolles.

Injury bug has starting ILB and CB all out for year and Bolles possible out for the year.

They will split reps with Bradley and Hunt on Thursday. Bolles out indefinitely. Both QBs are big and mobile but not near as fast as Bolles.

Injury bug has starting ILB and CB all out for year and Bolles possible out for the year.
    What do you do?

- If the Mules lose another game or two before he can return, do you bring him back?
    - What if the Mules are 9-1 when he's able to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    What do you do?

- If the Mules lose another game or two before he can return, do you bring him back?
    - What if the Mules are 9-1 when he's able to return?
    1. Without a doubt, solid no. Medical redshirt and come back next year.
    2. Without a doubt, solid no. Medical redshirt and come back next year.

Re-watched some film on both Kyle Bradley and Jeremy Hunt. Big, mobile QBs that have the tools - Playing NSU at home on Thursday might be just what these 2 young QBs need to build confidence. Jim Svoboda's history of developing QBs is on par with anyone in the conference; I think whoever the starter is going forward will fine but may take 2-3 games to get there.

If Bolles takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year, three big stars off this team will have graduated.
    all-american TE Seth Hebert
    all-american LT Derrick Puni
    Big play wide receiver Kyrion Parker - Last year averaged 20 yards a catch.

CRAP !

[QUOTE=FightnMulz;2254188]

Injury bug has starting ILB and CB all out for year.

Stud ILB Austin Miller is out for the season with a left knee injury (happened in the preseason). He started the first two games in 2016 before suffering a season ending right knee injury and took a medical redshirt. He came back in 2017 and was 2nd team all-miaa. He didn't take a redshirt his first year out of high school so can he take that now and play next year?

I heard Coach Boda say a starting CB was injured and out for the season, but I didn't catch his name. Was that someone who was projected as a starter and was injured in the preseason, or was that one of the two CB's who started at Fort Hays (both Sophomores)?
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 09-05-2018 at 08:25 AM.

[QUOTE=Kiss My Ass;2254319]

Injury bug has starting ILB and CB all out for year.

Stud ILB Austin Miller is out for the season with a left knee injury (happened in the preseason). He started the first two games in 2016 before suffering a season ending right knee injury and took a medical redshirt. He came back in 2017 and was 2nd team all-miaa. He didn't take a redshirt his first year out of high school so can he take that now and play next year?

I heard Coach Boda say a starting CB was injured and out for the season, but I didn't catch his name. Was that someone who was projected as a starter and was injured in the preseason, or was that one of the two CB's who started at Fort Hays (both Sophomores)?
    CB who blew an ACL vs Hays was Franklin Hunt. Converted WR who earned starting job this year. Backup is RS-Freshman who played well in his absence. I think there is good, but young depth at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    If Bolles takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year, three big stars off this team will have graduated.
    all-american TE Seth Hebert
    all-american LT Derrick Puni
    Big play wide receiver Kyrion Parker - Last year averaged 20 yards a catch.

CRAP !
    Not concerned with Offensive Skill players - Mules have always found a way to reload. Defensive studs are another story, but this group looks promising after the first game.

Again, what about Austin Miller...can he play next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Again, what about Austin Miller...can he play next year?
    I think he’s a grad student from what he said at the media day. He may have run out of time unless he delays school or gets a second masters. He might be done.

16. Default Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

So where do you find the depth chart? I have been looking through their roster and website for a year now and never found it.

I think he’s a grad student from what he said at the media day. He may have run out of time unless he delays school or gets a second masters. He might be done.
    I would think he would be done due to the semester rule.

As much as I don't like you guys, the injury bug is a bummer for the kids, program, and fans. Tough way to potentially not achieve your ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
    So where do you find the depth chart? I have been looking through their roster and website for a year now and never found it.
    Check the game notes each week. This week it's on p. 8.

19. Default Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    I would think he would be done due to the semester rule.

As much as I don't like you guys, the injury bug is a bummer for the kids, program, and fans. Tough way to potentially not achieve your ceiling.

Wall Street (or anyone) - Can you define the semester rule. In Austin Miller's case he played in 2014 as a true freshman - played in 2015 as a sophomore - in 2016 he started the first two games before sitting out injured the rest of the year (I assume he claimed a medical redshirt or does he just lose that year?) - he plays in 2017 - 2018 he's hurt before the season starts and out for the year. Seems to me that since he never took an initial redshirt coming out of high school that he would still be eligible for one more year.

In Brook Bolles' case he took a redshirt coming out of high school then played as a (R) freshman, sophomore, junior and then gets hurt in the first game as a senior and apparently could now sit out the year and get a medical redshirt and play next year.

Given that Bolles may end up sitting out two years (first year redshirt coming out of HS and the second a possible medical redshirt this year) then Miller should also be entitled to sit out a year with the redshirt he never took his first year out of high school.. It's all very confusing and I hope I explained this clearly.

Wall Street (or anyone) - Can you define the semester rule. In Austin Miller's case he played in 2014 as a true freshman - played in 2015 as a sophomore - in 2016 he started the first two games before sitting out injured the rest of the year (I assume he claimed a medical redshirt or does he just lose that year?) - he plays in 2017 - 2018 he's hurt before the season starts and out for the year. Seems to me that since he never took an initial redshirt coming out of high school that he would still be eligible for one more year.

In Brook Bolles' case he took a redshirt coming out of high school then played as a (R) freshman, sophomore, junior and then gets hurt in the first game as a senior and apparently could now sit out the year and get a medical redshirt and play next year.

Given that Bolles may end up sitting out two years (first year redshirt coming out of HS and the second a possible medical redshirt this year) then Miller should also be entitled to sit out a year with the redshirt he never took his first year out of high school.. It's all very confusing and I hope I explained this clearly.
    Depends on the amount of full-time semesters attended.

Miller
    2014 F | S
    2015 F | S
    2016 F | S
    2017 F | S
    2018 F

If those are the semesters in which he attended full-time, he could go part time in the spring and have one semester left.

Bolles

2014 F | S
    2015 F | S
    2016 F | S
    2017 F | S
    2018 F |

Bolles could get the MRS, go part-time in the spring, and play next year.

Some kids choose not to keep playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast