Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 173

Thread: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

  1. #1

    Default Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Still hasn’t reported. Steelers tradition of keeping stars on discount might be coming to an end. AB and Leveon is gonna want a piece of the pie.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    21884

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Still hasn’t reported. Steelers tradition of keeping stars on discount might be coming to an end. AB and Leveon is gonna want a piece of the pie.
    Bell will show up Wednesday to take his physical, come to practice Friday for the light shells day then rush for 100+ yards Sunday in typical LB style lol. You're correct though no more hometown discounts for the Steelers, AB, LB and JuJu will all only take market value no more discounts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default

    Your title is wrong. There’s a strong percentage of Steelers fans that are ready for this dude to be out of Pittsburgh. Nobody is “panicking.”

    I’m from Pittsburgh and I am a Steelers fan, but I’m not an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I watch them on Sunday’s, but hate them most of the week. This is the most unlikable version of the Steelers. Ever.

    People love Juju, but he’s the next off the field issue the Steelers will deal with. Take that to the bank.

    I don’t have a problem with the money AB got a few years ago. That’s market value for WRs, and it’s a passing league. The guy hasn’t been hurt or suspended either. The comment above about Lev Bell and the Steelers having to pay him market value is laughable.

    It’s a passing league. Bell will turn 28 during the season, has had two major knee surgeries, and has been suspended for drug issues. The Steelers have absolutely know obligation to pay him the money he is seeking. And they won’t. Say what you want about Todd Gurley. I wouldn’t have given him that contract. Again, it’s a passing league. What Todd Gurley got isn’t market value for running backs and won’t reset the market either.

    Find me a list of great running backs that had multiple great seasons after age 28. I’ll wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Your title is wrong. There’s a strong percentage of Steelers fans that are ready for this dude to be out of Pittsburgh. Nobody is “panicking.”

    I’m from Pittsburgh and I am a Steelers fan, but I’m not an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I watch them on Sunday’s, but hate them most of the week. This is the most unlikable version of the Steelers. Ever.

    People love Juju, but he’s the next off the field issue the Steelers will deal with. Take that to the bank.

    I don’t have a problem with the money AB got a few years ago. That’s market value for WRs, and it’s a passing league. The guy hasn’t been hurt or suspended either. The comment above about Lev Bell and the Steelers having to pay him market value is laughable.

    It’s a passing league. Bell will turn 28 during the season, has had two major knee surgeries, and has been suspended for drug issues. The Steelers have absolutely know obligation to pay him the money he is seeking. And they won’t. Say what you want about Todd Gurley. I wouldn’t have given him that contract. Again, it’s a passing league. What Todd Gurley got isn’t market value for running backs and won’t reset the market either.

    Find me a list of great running backs that had multiple great seasons after age 28. I’ll wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man you can find anything on that new fangled interweb - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-wall#slide14

  5. #5

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Your title is wrong. There’s a strong percentage of Steelers fans that are ready for this dude to be out of Pittsburgh. Nobody is “panicking.”

    I’m from Pittsburgh and I am a Steelers fan, but I’m not an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I watch them on Sunday’s, but hate them most of the week. This is the most unlikable version of the Steelers. Ever.

    People love Juju, but he’s the next off the field issue the Steelers will deal with. Take that to the bank.

    I don’t have a problem with the money AB got a few years ago. That’s market value for WRs, and it’s a passing league. The guy hasn’t been hurt or suspended either. The comment above about Lev Bell and the Steelers having to pay him market value is laughable.

    It’s a passing league. Bell will turn 28 during the season, has had two major knee surgeries, and has been suspended for drug issues. The Steelers have absolutely know obligation to pay him the money he is seeking. And they won’t. Say what you want about Todd Gurley. I wouldn’t have given him that contract. Again, it’s a passing league. What Todd Gurley got isn’t market value for running backs and won’t reset the market either.

    Find me a list of great running backs that had multiple great seasons after age 28. I’ll wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Amen. Get this clown out of here already. He's nothing but a hired mercenary at this point. The Yinzers would be insane to pay him what he wants (which, is why, they haven't). He'll get paid. Some peasant team will be enthralled with the big name and way over pay him. It happens every year. JuJu is the next clown-in-waiting. AB is fantastic but living in his own world.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    22,964
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Man you can find anything on that new fangled interweb - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-wall#slide14
    Well, that didn’t take long.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Your title is wrong. There’s a strong percentage of Steelers fans that are ready for this dude to be out of Pittsburgh. Nobody is “panicking.”

    I’m from Pittsburgh and I am a Steelers fan, but I’m not an idiot when it comes to this stuff. I watch them on Sunday’s, but hate them most of the week. This is the most unlikable version of the Steelers. Ever.

    People love Juju, but he’s the next off the field issue the Steelers will deal with. Take that to the bank.

    I don’t have a problem with the money AB got a few years ago. That’s market value for WRs, and it’s a passing league. The guy hasn’t been hurt or suspended either. The comment above about Lev Bell and the Steelers having to pay him market value is laughable.

    It’s a passing league. Bell will turn 28 during the season, has had two major knee surgeries, and has been suspended for drug issues. The Steelers have absolutely know obligation to pay him the money he is seeking. And they won’t. Say what you want about Todd Gurley. I wouldn’t have given him that contract. Again, it’s a passing league. What Todd Gurley got isn’t market value for running backs and won’t reset the market either.

    Find me a list of great running backs that had multiple great seasons after age 28. I’ll wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    curtis martin, sean alexander, ladanian tomilson, marshall faulk just to name a few but i get it. Leveon is more than just a Rb in your offense but typical steelers fan not appreciating what you have 6 rings clouds your judgement. 16 games with james conner instead of Leveon should be a nice slice of reality pie for you lol

  8. #8

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Amen. Get this clown out of here already. He's nothing but a hired mercenary at this point. The Yinzers would be insane to pay him what he wants (which, is why, they haven't). He'll get paid. Some peasant team will be enthralled with the big name and way over pay him. It happens every year. JuJu is the next clown-in-waiting. AB is fantastic but living in his own world.
    jeez the good ole boy mentality in Pittsburgh is sickening. An athlete wants to show some type of individuality and market himself to the youth and he is a clown and a problem waiting to happen. That's the problem with the NFL and their fans why the NBA and its stars are taking over. Its okay to dance and have fun. You dont have to have a coal mine lunch pale mentality every single day about football lol jeez you guys need to lighten up. And drugs? NFL only league still testing for weed they need to get a grip on reality including you guys talking about suspensions for smoking a joint good lord.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    It's why New England wins titles -- and the Steelers watch them win them on TV.

    Drugs? Great comment. Is it legal in the NFL? No. Talk to the league and the union. Until you change it, that's a stupid comment.

    Look at that dumb as$ Martavius Bryant. He can get high all he wants now. He's finished.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    curtis martin, sean alexander, ladanian tomilson, marshall faulk just to name a few but i get it. Leveon is more than just a Rb in your offense but typical steelers fan not appreciating what you have 6 rings clouds your judgement. 16 games with james conner instead of Leveon should be a nice slice of reality pie for you lol
    Let James Conner run the football. Why not? Teams aren't winning Super Bowls with elite #1 running backs anymore. The game has changed. The last two Super Bowls have been won by teams using a "running back by committee" approach. If you've got an offensive line, which the Steelers have, you don't need a guy like Le'veon Bell.

    Some of you jabronis can go on Bleacher Report, or ESPN, or Sports Illustrated all you want. You won't type it, but you know I'm right. Le'veon Bell carried the ball over 200 times each year he played Michigan State. He's been a workhorse back for the Steelers. But, either due to suspension or injury, he has not started and finished every game in a season yet in his NFL career. The list with some of those names... Rare. Bell is on the back 9 for his career as a running back. Let some team with nobody else pay him 20+ mil a year.

    And bro, Sean Alexander was out of the league after his age 30 season. The last year he rushed for over 1,000 yards was his age 28 season. Went downhill quick after that. Same with Tomlinson. He was out of football at age 32. He rushed for 1,000 yards in his age 29 season. Then the tires fell off. Same with Marshall Faulk. Out of the league at 32. Rushed for 1,000 yards in his age 28 season. Downhill incredibly quick at age 29.

    Some of you people think Le'veon Bell is immune to age or wear and tear that a running back takes. He's just like all these other guys. And Bell has had two major knee surgeries. If you're an NFL fan, you sit there and say "Pay Le'veon baby!!! My man needs to EAT!! TIME TO GET PAID!!!" If you're a smart Steelers fan you say, "It's time for this jabroni to go. Let's get this guy out of town, implement a 'by committee' approach, and let's invest in our defense."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It's why New England wins titles -- and the Steelers watch them win them on TV.

    Drugs? Great comment. Is it legal in the NFL? No. Talk to the league and the union. Until you change it, that's a stupid comment.

    Look at that dumb as$ Martavius Bryant. He can get high all he wants now. He's finished.
    Bingo.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    jeez the good ole boy mentality in Pittsburgh is sickening. An athlete wants to show some type of individuality and market himself to the youth and he is a clown and a problem waiting to happen. That's the problem with the NFL and their fans why the NBA and its stars are taking over. Its okay to dance and have fun. You dont have to have a coal mine lunch pale mentality every single day about football lol jeez you guys need to lighten up. And drugs? NFL only league still testing for weed they need to get a grip on reality including you guys talking about suspensions for smoking a joint good lord.
    That "coal mine lunch pale mentality" is why the Steelers won 4 super bowls in the 70s, 1 with Bill Cowher, and 1 with Mike Tomlin (with Cowher's guys). It's why New England wins Super Bowls. It's why Philadelphia won last year. It's why the Steelers, in my opinion, are further behind the Jaguars in the AFC. I was born in the wrong era. Individuality? Please... The Steelers are a team of children and are enabled to act like such by the head coach. No discipline, no respect, no accountability. There's a small number of actual adults in that locker room. People think the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders. I think this team is closer to 8-8 than it is 12-4 or 13-3.

    Do you think Juju is willing to do what it takes to win a championship, or does he just want to be "LIT AF" all the time? Do you honestly think Lev Bell wants to get a Super Bowl ring more than he wants to get paid?

    And like BigIndians said, the league and the union agreed in the CBA that it's illegal. I'm not sure what you're job is, but if you sign a paper saying you agree to company rules and policy, you have to accept responsibility and consequences for your actions.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    That "coal mine lunch pale mentality" is why the Steelers won 4 super bowls in the 70s, 1 with Bill Cowher, and 1 with Mike Tomlin (with Cowher's guys). It's why New England wins Super Bowls. It's why Philadelphia won last year. It's why the Steelers, in my opinion, are further behind the Jaguars in the AFC. I was born in the wrong era. Individuality? Please... The Steelers are a team of children and are enabled to act like such by the head coach. No discipline, no respect, no accountability. There's a small number of actual adults in that locker room. People think the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders. I think this team is closer to 8-8 than it is 12-4 or 13-3.

    Do you think Juju is willing to do what it takes to win a championship, or does he just want to be "LIT AF" all the time? Do you honestly think Lev Bell wants to get a Super Bowl ring more than he wants to get paid?

    And like BigIndians said, the league and the union agreed in the CBA that it's illegal. I'm not sure what you're job is, but if you sign a paper saying you agree to company rules and policy, you have to accept responsibility and consequences for your actions.
    New England wins football games because they have the greatest qb and coach of all time on the SAME team who both are geniuses at the game of football.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    New England wins football games because they have the greatest qb and coach of all time on the SAME team who both are geniuses at the game of football.
    Sure, but there's more to it than that. Guys there are church mouses. Say a word or step out of line and you're gone. It's a culture and an attitude. People buy in because they want to win. The Hoodie would have gotten rid of Bell last off season. In the last two years they've have two starting defensive players complain about their contracts publicly. Within a week they were both shipped out of town.

    You think Juju or AB would do in New England what they do in Pittsburgh? Or would they be a little bit more focused on just showing up to work? I doubt Juju would be as good of a Fortnite player if he played in Foxboro.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    You guys are hilarious. "its the rules blah blah" Who cares doesn't make it not dumb and completely unnecessary. Suspending million dollar super stars because they smoke pot who the ef cares. The 70s was a long time ago my friend. And like the lunch pale mentality was the 70's well being "LIT AF" is what the people want in 2018. That's why Odell is the biggest star in the league kids love him and got paid for it. I love athletes expressing themselves making you old farts mad. Get paid keep dancing until all these old folks an owners croak over and stop being a buzz kill all the time because of the good ole days nobody cares about or wants back except them. Let em play the game they love, score tds dance get the crowd hype and get blazed after while they laugh to the bank!!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    You guys are hilarious. "its the rules blah blah" Who cares doesn't make it not dumb and completely unnecessary. Suspending million dollar super stars because they smoke pot who the ef cares. The 70s was a long time ago my friend. And like the lunch pale mentality was the 70's well being "LIT AF" is what the people want in 2018. That's why Odell is the biggest star in the league kids love him and got paid for it. I love athletes expressing themselves making you old farts mad. Get paid keep dancing until all these old folks an owners croak over and stop being a buzz kill all the time because of the good ole days nobody cares about or wants back except them. Let em play the game they love, score tds dance get the crowd hype and get blazed after while they laugh to the bank!!

    You should ask Martavious why he'll be working at Enterprise by January instead of playing for the Raiders .... He can be 'lit AF' now all he wants making $35,000 a year. He can laugh all the way to the bank, as you say, with that grand every two weeks and get blazed.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    You guys are hilarious. "its the rules blah blah" Who cares doesn't make it not dumb and completely unnecessary. Suspending million dollar super stars because they smoke pot who the ef cares. The 70s was a long time ago my friend. And like the lunch pale mentality was the 70's well being "LIT AF" is what the people want in 2018. That's why Odell is the biggest star in the league kids love him and got paid for it. I love athletes expressing themselves making you old farts mad. Get paid keep dancing until all these old folks an owners croak over and stop being a buzz kill all the time because of the good ole days nobody cares about or wants back except them. Let em play the game they love, score tds dance get the crowd hype and get blazed after while they laugh to the bank!!
    I'm 25. I'm not an old fart.

    Odell isn't ever going to win a ring. Juju, AB, Bell.. Those guys won't either. You know how those guys will be remembered? The sentence will always start with, "He was a great player, but he never...."

    Give me a team with discipline and accountability. That's what wins. Not being "LIT AF." I'll let you go out and get blazed, Homer. I can get randomly drug tested at my job.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    Lets not forget all the SHADY stuff that is associated with the NE regime with cheating and the refs basically ushering them the win over the Jags last year. I think they went like 6-7 straight games into the AFC champ game without a single holding penalty? Impossible. lol I thought you yinzers would be the last people in the world to admire NE but I guess the steel city lost its balls.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    30802

    Default

    Good riddance. If he shows, great. If not, oh well. The Steelers just need to focus on the players that are there, and not waste time worrying about selfish crybabies who aren’t.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. Default Re: Panic in Yinzer Land (Leveon Bell)

    I don’t begrudge any NFL player trying to get every penny they can, but I think Bell is in serious jeopardy of overplaying his hand. It took him 3 or 4 weeks to round into form last year and although the yardage totals looked fine, his yards per carry and yards per catch dipped to near career lows. And that’s running behind a very solid O-line and catching passes from a HOF QB who is still playing at a pretty high level. We’ve probably already seen the best of Lev Bell and one more season of 400+ touches will pretty much guarantee we have. And I know it only takes one team but given all that plus the personal baggage, i’m not certain a 15+ million per year offer will be out there.

    I think he’ll show up tomorrow but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if he sat until week 10 and played the minimum amount required to accrue a season toward free agency just to try and preserve his body. The guy is just that unpredictable.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •