Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: PSU at PITT

Default OT: PSU at PITT

Always turns in to a good thread.

After the small sample size, the Penn State D sure didn't look very good. Pitt is going to score some points. The could be a shootout.

The 8 p.m. kickoff ... Heinz Field is going to be insane. Drunk Central.

Narduzzi has a history of winning big games (at Clemson, Miami) and, of course, losing clunkers.

Pitt can win this game.

Eat ****t Pitt!

3. Default Re: OT: PSU at PITT

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Always turns in to a good thread.

After the small sample size, the Penn State D sure didn't look very good. Pitt is going to score some points. The could be a shootout.

The 8 p.m. kickoff ... Heinz Field is going to be insane. Drunk Central.

Narduzzi has a history of winning big games (at Clemson, Miami) and, of course, losing clunkers.

Pitt can win this game.
    Pitt can definitely win. Just don’t give McSorley a chance to tie or win it late.

PSU will definitely come out with a chip on their shoulder after hearing all week how they aren’t as good as they were the past two years. Pitt better be ready for an early punch. Of course I think they’ll have one of their own ready to deliver.

This should be a great game.

Default Re: OT: PSU at PITT

This is a game were we'll see the true freshmen use some one of their four "redshirt games". Penn State in a romp. They have a lot to prove after beating a very good Sun belt team because the prevailing thought was the #10 team in the nation and a BIG 10 team should not have struggled to beat a Sun Belt Team. Albany is a butt trifling CAA FCS team. Would have rather seen Pitt play a MAC conference team.

I expect a very good game. Pitt can definitely win. Penn State has the better material and recent pedigree, but that doesn’t really mean much in this rivalry. The difference may be McSorley. I don’t think PSU is a top 10 team right now, however.

I don’t see a blowout either way. I wasn’t surprised at all that PSU struggled against a very good Appalachian State team. It shouldn’t have been an overtime game though. The defense is definitely suspect. You really can’t take much from the Pitt game after playing a relatively unknown team.

Both will show up, and hopefully entertain us with a great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I believe a lot of people missed about PSU's Game 1 is that there aren't that many teams out there that can't score anymore. And Appy State is better than most of them. If Nit fans should be concerned about anything, it was how McSorley & Co. didn't match them score for score in that fourth quarter until they absolutely had to. And from that point through overtime, it sure looked ridiculously easy, didn't it?

Appy State absolutely deserved that standing O it received while leaving the Beaver Stadium floor. And I think PSU will be fine.

This one won't be a blowout, though. I don't figure Pitt that much into the mix here; the Panthers just are what they are, a .500 ACC team. It's more a matter of how PSU comes out. And I think they're still breaking in a LOT of new faces.

7. Default Re: OT: PSU at PITT

Albany was a weak opponent that wasn’t ever going to tell us much, but Pitt put them away early just as they should have. I think PSU fans are overstating how good App State is to make themselves feel better about yesterday. App State is a solid Sun Belt program who was breaking in new starters at half the positions on both sides of the ball including a QB who hadn’t started a game since his senior year of high school in 2015. I wasn’t surprised they hung tough for a half, but they shouldn’t be a play away from beating PSU at home.

So....what percentage of the crowd will be Penn State fans.

I think no less than 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    So....what percentage of the crowd will be Penn State fans.

I think no less than 50%.

It’ll be what it was two years ago. 70/30 Pitt to Penn State. You’ll see a bunch on the visiting sideline and a bunch in the nose bleeds. People will be scattered throughout otherwise.

Don’t forget, James Franklin said two years ago they weren’t prepared for the environment they walked into at Heinz Field.

Fans don’t win games, players do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    The thing I believe a lot of people missed about PSU's Game 1 is that there aren't that many teams out there that can't score anymore. And Appy State is better than most of them. If Nit fans should be concerned about anything, it was how McSorley & Co. didn't match them score for score in that fourth quarter until they absolutely had to. And from that point through overtime, it sure looked ridiculously easy, didn't it?

Appy State absolutely deserved that standing O it received while leaving the Beaver Stadium floor. And I think PSU will be fine.

This one won't be a blowout, though. I don't figure Pitt that much into the mix here; the Panthers just are what they are, a .500 ACC team. It's more a matter of how PSU comes out. And I think they're still breaking in a LOT of new faces.

LOL .. you don't actually believe that crap do you? Yes ... App State was a vaunted offense that most 'elite' P5 schools should have been freaking out about.

Come on. That was a garbage team. Joebot U should have hung 65 on them.

Calling that a "garbage team" is a lot more out there than anything I said.

Now tell us how the mighty Crimson Hawks would take them to an end game.

None of it matters Ohio State is going to slaughter the entire big ten

One more day ...

14. Default Re: OT: PSU at PITT

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One more day ...
    Yep. Le’Veon sidetracked us for a couple days. Time to get amped for THE game of the weekend.

This isnt D2 football why are we talking about this? Lets talk about Lockhaven and Seton Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yep. Le’Veon sidetracked us for a couple days. Time to get amped for THE game of the weekend.
    Its really sad PSU finds Pitt as a useless team that needs them more then they need them for a rivalry game lol PSU only cares about OSU and Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Its really sad PSU finds Pitt as a useless team that needs them more then they need them for a rivalry game lol PSU only cares about OSU and Michigan
    Michigan is washed up ... 9-9 in last 18 games.

Harbaugh's walk down The Green Mile has begun.

That may be true from the PSU view ... which will make Pitt winning all the better.

"Just like beating Albany" ... can already hear The Duz in the after-game press conference.

19. Default Re: OT: PSU at PITT

True, but it just makes sending those smug a-holes home with their tails between their legs all the sweeter after Pitt wins.

Why it just doesn't matter so much anymore.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...ball_2018.html

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast