Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: T-Town Turn-Around

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    under a bridge
    Posts
    5,722
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    31034

    Default T-Town Turn-Around

    Ten years from now the MIAA will look back on next Thursday night in Topeka as the game that finally placed Washburn in a position to rule conference football. Much like Mel's second season in M-Ville, next Thursday's victory will be a Big Bad Bod coming-out party. Finally, Washburn gets Northwest in its cross hairs when the Cats are most human and when they are their most vulnerable in years. We will not allow this opportunity to slip by. This win will open up the remaining 2018 schedule for the Bods and will make a run not only doable, but probable--Pitt, UCM, WKU....all are winnables after next Thursday night in Moore Bowl. This meeting between the Blue and the Green is not only the biggest and most important game in Washburn football history, but it will ultimately prove the most historic game in over a hundred years of Ichabod football. A Decade of Dominance begins Thursday night in which Washburn unseats Northwest as Master of MIAA football.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moberly, MO
    Posts
    1,593
    Rep Power
    40331

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Sounds like you had two bowls for breakfast, only one was cereal.

  3. #3

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    I'm just glad that I'll have all of those burning dumpsters guiding me as I drive through Saint Charles tomorrow on my way to Saint Louis.
    As far as my friends from Topeka...,there is such a thing as a blind pig and a truffle, a broken clock and twice a day, and the sunshine and a dog's backside!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,000
    Rep Power
    80260

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    Ten years from now the MIAA will look back on next Thursday night in Topeka as the game that finally placed Washburn in a position to rule conference football. Much like Mel's second season in M-Ville, next Thursday's victory will be a Big Bad Bod coming-out party. Finally, Washburn gets Northwest in its cross hairs when the Cats are most human and when they are their most vulnerable in years. We will not allow this opportunity to slip by. This win will open up the remaining 2018 schedule for the Bods and will make a run not only doable, but probable--Pitt, UCM, WKU....all are winnables after next Thursday night in Moore Bowl. This meeting between the Blue and the Green is not only the biggest and most important game in Washburn football history, but it will ultimately prove the most historic game in over a hundred years of Ichabod football. A Decade of Dominance begins Thursday night in which Washburn unseats Northwest as Master of MIAA football.
    *inspects*
    *looks legit*
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    Ten years from now the MIAA will look back on next Thursday night in Topeka as the game that finally placed Washburn in a position to rule conference football. Much like Mel's second season in M-Ville, next Thursday's victory will be a Big Bad Bod coming-out party. Finally, Washburn gets Northwest in its cross hairs when the Cats are most human and when they are their most vulnerable in years. We will not allow this opportunity to slip by. This win will open up the remaining 2018 schedule for the Bods and will make a run not only doable, but probable--Pitt, UCM, WKU....all are winnables after next Thursday night in Moore Bowl. This meeting between the Blue and the Green is not only the biggest and most important game in Washburn football history, but it will ultimately prove the most historic game in over a hundred years of Ichabod football. A Decade of Dominance begins Thursday night in which Washburn unseats Northwest as Master of MIAA football.
    No, no, no...you eat those hot dogs, you don't smoke them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    Finally, Washburn gets Northwest in its cross hairs when the Cats are most human and when they are their most vulnerable in years.

    it's always a shame when a team needs to rely on the other team to be less than their best to beat them instead of rising up to the challenge.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    it's always a shame when a team needs to rely on the other team to be less than their best to beat them instead of rising up to the challenge.
    In WUs defense they can't help it that NW started sucking ass

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chillicothe...Home of Sliced Bread
    Posts
    3,780
    Rep Power
    50475

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    In WUs defense they can't help it that NW started sucking ass
    In Hayes defense, they can't help it that they sucked for 55 minutes last night and it took the combination of Bolles going down and a poorly thrown ball from the backup QB to win. - Tally voice
    IH8FERRIS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    In Hayes defense, they can't help it that they sucked for 55 minutes last night and it took the combination of Bolles going down and a poorly thrown ball from the backup QB to win. - Tally voice
    Lets talk about sacks....

    Bolles was sent out of the game. Qbs leave on a stretcher or in a body bag when you play Hays.

    I assume the WU defense will smack around the ellen degeneres look-alike NW trotted out last week.

  10. #10

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Lets talk about sacks....

    Bolles was sent out of the game. Qbs leave on a stretcher or in a body bag when you play Hays.

    I assume the WU defense will smack around the ellen degeneres look-alike NW trotted out last week.
    ha, i watched the game, hays didn't take it, they were given it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    ha, i watched the game, hays didn't take it, they were given it.
    Hays knocked the qb out of the game? Injuries are a factor when you play a physical team.

    I believe this thread is about how the Ichabods are going to make NW their Ichab**ches on Saturday.

  12. #12

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Hays knocked the qb out of the game? Injuries are a factor when you play a physical team.

    I believe this thread is about how the Ichabods are going to make NW their Ichab**ches on Saturday.
    until you brought up the hays central game...the gift wasn't taking bolles out and you know it. don't get me wrong, hays took the gift and did what they should have with it.

    i take the first part back, as i see you werent the one to bring it up. you just responded.
    Last edited by Greenman; 08-31-2018 at 11:34 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    it's always a shame when a team needs to rely on the other team to be less than their best to beat them instead of rising up to the challenge.
    I know there are a lot of jokes in this thread so this post has nothing to do with anything anyone said, but I have always agreed with that sentiment. In the early 90's, people were praying for Broyles to retire at Pitt. In the late 1990's to 2010, people were praying for Tjeerdsma to leave. It's a defeatist attitude and typically when it happens you weren't good enough to do what they had done anyway.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    What quarter will the bods knock degeneres out of the game? I suspect 5 minutes into the second quarter.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I know there are a lot of jokes in this thread so this post has nothing to do with anything anyone said, but I have always agreed with that sentiment. In the early 90's, people were praying for Broyles to retire at Pitt. In the late 1990's to 2010, people were praying for Tjeerdsma to leave. It's a defeatist attitude and typically when it happens you weren't good enough to do what they had done anyway.
    Brandon, So I agree but also don't agree. I think you should want to top a program when they are at their most powerful. But I dont think this means "beat a team when they are weak." I think it just means when they've come back down to earth.

    When Pitt was at their best, nobody was beating them. Same as when NW was at their best, nobody was beating them. I mean in that span NW was only rushing 4 and getting pressure everytime, and moving the LOS back. If the front four dominates the front five/six every week. Its hard to compete

  16. #16

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Brandon, So I agree but also don't agree. I think you should want to top a program when they are at their most powerful. But I dont think this means "beat a team when they are weak." I think it just means when they've come back down to earth.

    When Pitt was at their best, nobody was beating them. Same as when NW was at their best, nobody was beating them. I mean in that span NW was only rushing 4 and getting pressure everytime, and moving the LOS back. If the front four dominates the front five/six every week. Its hard to compete
    I understand that. I just want Team A to pass Team B by raising the level. I agree a lot about what you said.

    Before the season started I was talking to a friend from Central who was lamenting the Northwest loss from last season and some of their other losses. He said something to the effect of them "being as good as anyone" so it was disappointing. I told him that's exactly the problem. I had a buddy from Northwest say the same thing about the Bearcats in the 2012 playoffs. He said, "I thought we had as good a chance as anyone." They are both right. Central could have easily beaten Northwest last year and Northwest was probably as good as anyone in 2012. But when you're "as good as" a team, your chances are 50/50. When you're "as good as anyone" in the playoffs, your chances are 1/24.

    To make sure you come out on top, you just have to be plain better than everyone else. Does the best team always win? No. But it wins at a greater clip than 50/50 or 1/24, if you will.

    I agree with you. No one (locally) was going to beat Pitt in the early 1990's. No one was going to beat NDSU on their runs. No one was going to beat GV in 2002. No one was going to beat Northwest in 2013, 2015, or 2016. I just want someone to raise and surpass that level.

    Maybe it's a fantasy that's not realistic.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I understand that. I just want Team A to pass Team B by raising the level. I agree a lot about what you said.

    Before the season started I was talking to a friend from Central who was lamenting the Northwest loss from last season and some of their other losses. He said something to the effect of them "being as good as anyone" so it was disappointing. I told him that's exactly the problem. I had a buddy from Northwest say the same thing about the Bearcats in the 2012 playoffs. He said, "I thought we had as good a chance as anyone." They are both right. Central could have easily beaten Northwest last year and Northwest was probably as good as anyone in 2012. But when you're "as good as" a team, your chances are 50/50. When you're "as good as anyone" in the playoffs, your chances are 1/24.

    To make sure you come out on top, you just have to be plain better than everyone else. Does the best team always win? No. But it wins at a greater clip than 50/50 or 1/24, if you will.

    I agree with you. No one (locally) was going to beat Pitt in the early 1990's. No one was going to beat NDSU on their runs. No one was going to beat GV in 2002. No one was going to beat Northwest in 2013, 2015, or 2016. I just want someone to raise and surpass that level.

    Maybe it's a fantasy that's not realistic.
    We are talking rare years where teams are head and shoulders above competition. Not in every aspect, but at the line of scrimmage for sure
    You can't scheme when at least two d lineman are in the backfield every play.

  18. #18

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    We are talking rare years where teams are head and shoulders above competition. Not in every aspect, but at the line of scrimmage for sure
    You can't scheme when at least two d lineman are in the backfield every play.
    If you're going to be really special, the defensive line and quarterback and two places to do it. Some of those Northwest defensive lines would move the LOS back two yards on the snap of the ball. They were special.

    I think I'll look at the champions and see which years I think the champion was much better than the rest....

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    If you're going to be really special, the defensive line and quarterback and two places to do it. Some of those Northwest defensive lines would move the LOS back two yards on the snap of the ball. They were special.

    I think I'll look at the champions and see which years I think the champion was heads and shoulders above the rest......
    Of the 15 years ive followed the MIAA, you win with an above avg qb paired with a disruptive dline.

    If you look, the MIAA champs wont always have a harlon hill qb, but they will have riot makers on the DL

  20. #20

    Default Re: T-Town Turn-Around

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Of the 15 years ive followed the MIAA, you win with an above avg qb paired with a disruptive dline.

    If you look, the MIAA champs wont always have a harlon hill qb, but they will have riot makers on the DL
    That's exactly the formula I told a friend I believe in. Best DL. QB good enough to be considered for AA. I think I'd actually go with two dominant corners after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •