Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern vs. Bemidji Chat

Default Northern vs. Bemidji Chat

I am hoping these are jitters from Hunter, he hasnt looked very sharp at all.

Wolves D just giving up yards like crazy

Bemidji burns the Wolves secondary for a 71-yard TD...

I need a drink

Default Re: Northern vs. Bemidji Chat

Lackowski is injured, trying to run it off on sideline so doesnt appear to be too bad.

Wolves cannot get much going on the run game so far.

Mitch connects for a FG, Wolves 3 - Beavers 10

Bemidji called for holding on 1st down, follows by going three and out. Punt to Wolves who take over ok their own 16.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Lackowski is injured, trying to run it off on sideline so doesnt appear to be too bad.
    He's back in

Bemidji has an offensive pass interference, a high snap that goes back inside their own ten. Forced to punt into the wind and the Wolves take over at the Bemidji 45ish

Jacob Streit is going to be a good one

Hunter hits Lux right in the numbers...and its dropped on 3rd down. FG is either tipped or just missed, Bemidji takes over on their 20.

Wolves getting some pretty good play from some freshman tonight.

Wolves have Bemidji to a 3rd down...pass interference called on Wolves on a ball not even closed to catchable...Beavers catch a break

Beavers capitalized on the extremely questionable call...Beavs up 17-3

Wolves have now lost potentially two Offensive Lineman. Senior Allisom has left twice, not highly regarded RS Freshman Mitch Sharer.

Total garbage start....year after year. Enjoy your max scholarships and new stadium...I'm out

Total garbage start....year after year. Enjoy your max scholarships and new stadium...I'm out
    NSU4LIFE: I would have gone to the game, but I am out of state. I know you're ticked off at your Wolves, but as your name suggests, you're a Wolf for life. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    NSU4LIFE: I would have gone to the game, but I am out of state. I know you're ticked off at your Wolves, but as your name suggests, you're a Wolf for life. Hang in there!
    I'm a Wolf regardless, considering how they are given more than any other program, this gets old. I'm not alone in this thinking at all. There is more to all this of course, but as I said weeks ago, before our crappy newspaper guy even, we havent beat a team on the road week one in over 20 years...it's one thing to not have any fans, or not have the scholarships or not have what they have coming...

Granted they are young, especially offensively, but, no offense, Bemidji did not look very good. The big plays and that PI that led to a score made a world of difference. This was a much needed win, desperate...and if snowballed fast. I'm not saying we can't have a nice 6-5 year again, but this was one that would have gone a long way. We have Duluth, Winona as almost sure losses. We have Augie who, no matter how bad they get we can never seem to beat...it just gets old. I love them, I hope it happens one day, but to get blown out like that tonight was so hard to watch.
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 08-30-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Sorry for the emotional posts, ha. Congrats Bemidji, you have built on your culture and continue your good work. Paul Bunyan would be proud

17. Default Re: Northern vs. Bemidji Chat

I'm a Wolf regardless, considering how they are given more than any other program, this gets old. I'm not alone in this thinking at all. There is more to all this of course, but as I said weeks ago, before our crappy newspaper guy even, we havent beat a team on the road week one in over 20 years...it's one thing to not have any fans, or not have the scholarships or not have what they have coming...

Granted they are young, especially offensively, but, no offense, Bemidji did not look very good. The big plays and that PI that led to a score made a world of difference. This was a much needed win, desperate...and if snowballed fast. I'm not saying we can't have a nice 6-5 year again, but this was one that would have gone a long way. We have Duluth, Winona as almost sure losses. We have Augie who, no matter how bad they get we can never seem to beat...it just gets old. I love them, I hope it happens one day, but to get blown out like that tonight was so hard to watch.
    Good lord quit the whining, Bemidji looked good and I watched the game. Northern couldn't even keep Lackowski at bay and he had a sprained ankle. The one thing that jumped out at me was the fact that other than your tight end, your skill guys can't catch the ball, plenty of drops in that game. The Wolves got lucky with the fumble recoveries, if Bemidji recovers those, that game could have really gotten out of hand. Bemidji put up 38 points and 473 yds. of offense but Bemidji didn't look good in your eyes (bitter,bitter) maybe get some new glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Hut View Post
    Good lord quit the whining, Bemidji looked good and I watched the game. Northern couldn't even keep Lackowski at bay and he had a sprained ankle. The one thing that jumped out at me was the fact that other than your tight end, your skill guys can't catch the ball, plenty of drops in that game. The Wolves got lucky with the fumble recoveries, if Bemidji recovers those, that game could have really gotten out of hand. Bemidji put up 38 points and 473 yds. of offense but Bemidji didn't look good in your eyes (bitter,bitter) maybe get some new glasses?
    It's not being bitter, it's the truth. Giving up big plays is more often than not a fault of the defense. None of those plays were breaking a series of tackles or some complex play call. TD plays from 71, 58, 40 and 64, besides the short one that stemmed from a PI call. Those are big, big plays given up. If we continue to give those up, we will be 3-8, maybe. If BSU plays like tonight 7-4, best case. You alluded to the drops, regardless if they are freshman, it shouldn't happen. I watched 95% of it tonight...ok not saying either teams cant improve or regress, I'm simply starting BSU wasnt impressive. If you want to flaunt stats from poorly covered plays and against a bad defense, go ahead. Past few years we looked great against Mary and Crookston, put up bigger numbers than most other schools, doesnt mean a thing.

Also, I've had perfect vision my entire life, but thanks for looking out for me, ha

It's not being bitter, it's the truth. Giving up big plays is more often than not a fault of the defense. None of those plays were breaking a series of tackles or some complex play call. TD plays from 71, 58, 40 and 64, besides the short one that stemmed from a PI call. Those are big, big plays given up. If we continue to give those up, we will be 3-8, maybe. If BSU plays like tonight 7-4, best case. You alluded to the drops, regardless if they are freshman, it shouldn't happen. I watched 95% of it tonight...ok not saying either teams cant improve or regress, I'm simply starting BSU wasnt impressive. If you want to flaunt stats from poorly covered plays and against a bad defense, go ahead. Past few years we looked great against Mary and Crookston, put up bigger numbers than most other schools, doesnt mean a thing.

Also, I've had perfect vision my entire life, but thanks for looking out for me, ha
    Speaking of stats, I'm not sure I would think we (BSU) won since Northern had a 36-24 minute time of possession and 27-19 first down advantages. Beavers were up 100 over-all on yardage. Looks like both teams can use some improvement, but a decent start for the Beavers.

The BSU SI had an interesting headline (I presume based off our good season and post-season victory): New faces bring familiar result in 38-17 Beaver football win Thursday.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/football/n...-win-thursday/

Quote Originally Posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Speaking of stats, I'm not sure I would think we (BSU) won since Northern had a 36-24 minute time of possession and 27-19 first down advantages. Beavers were up 100 over-all on yardage. Looks like both teams can use some improvement, but a decent start for the Beavers.

The BSU SI had an interesting headline (I presume based off our good season and post-season victory): New faces bring familiar result in 38-17 Beaver football win Thursday.

http://www.bsubeavers.com/football/n...-win-thursday/
    Absolutely, future is bright for you guys once again. That QB will end up being a special one. Time of possession doesnt mean much when you give up those monster TDs. NSU kept getting 2 and 3 yard runs, which is most all we could do with Hunters inaccuracy and Streit being the only one that could catch. We lost two OL guys and our "top" WR during the game. That hurt but unless we were going to put up 40 points, it didn't matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast