Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Contribute to D2

Default Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Starting this here for people to be able to discuss.

Mavs getting a nice opening test. Southwest has a shot to come in and sneak a win away and derail the Mavs hopes right away.
    MSU has to stay focused and keep their heads in this game.
    I am excited to see how the run game will be with the two headed monster back at full strength. On top of that I would like to see the Defense improve on a pretty solid year in 2017.

Seems like it's going to be a great day to play football.

6pm kick-off

Go Mavs!

2. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

I can't wait for this game either. I'm glad to hear that you think that SMSU has a chance for the upset. I wonder will our offense be explosive again with Gimbel back and how much (if any) improvement there is on defense.

Also, is there a "free stream" available to watch this game from out of state (Wisconsin)?

Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    I can't wait for this game either. I'm glad to hear that you think that SMSU has a chance for the upset. I wonder will our offense be explosive again with Gimbel back and how much (if any) improvement there is on defense.

Also, is there a "free stream" available to watch this game from out of state (Wisconsin)?
    The NSIC site should have a free video link once the game starts, unless something has changed since last year.

It is the explosive offense that has gotten us in trouble with SMSU in the past, still worries me

Good luck to both teams!

4. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    The NSIC site should have a free video link once the game starts, unless something has changed since last year.

It is the explosive offense that has gotten us in trouble with SMSU in the past, still worries me

Good luck to both teams!

Thanks!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Here ya go:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/nsic/

I'm leaving God's Country about 1:15. Mav soccer game at 3 vs USF, then wander over to the Corral for the pregame, then to my usual spot at the Blake in front of the press box door. At halftime I'll be in the Touchdown Tent. Any Mustang fans who show up can meet me in the parking lot east of the stadium before the game.

7. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post

Thanks!

I'm leaving God's Country about 1:15. Mav soccer game at 3 vs USF, then wander over to the Corral for the pregame, then to my usual spot at the Blake in front of the press box door. At halftime I'll be in the Touchdown Tent. Any Mustang fans who show up can meet me in the parking lot east of the stadium before the game.
    I've heard it's wise to bring offerings of chocolate milk when meeting Laker prior to a game. Without it, I hear he gets aggressive. :)

Quote Originally Posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    I've heard it's wise to bring offerings of chocolate milk when meeting Laker prior to a game. Without it, I hear he gets aggressive. :)
    I've been known to make a blindside tackle if I haven't had the magic elixir. Of course, some of the danceline members don't appreciate it. Oddly, some of them do.

All NSIC fans should have that link bookmarked or memorized!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Mavs getting a nice opening test. Southwest has a shot to come in and sneak a win away and derail the Mavs hopes right away.
    That's cute....I'm not very optimistic about this one.

Here's some numbers....
    In 10 meetings since MSU joined the NSIC, MSU has scored 34 points in every game and SMSU has never scored more than 32 points.

There was that one close game in 2012 (damn you Adam Thielen), but only one other game was within a two-touchdown scoring margin. Interestingly though, the three closest games in the series since 2008 have all been in Mankato.

I know SMSU has the stud quarterback coming back, but how are their skill position players with Huot gone?

13. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    That's cute....I'm not very optimistic about this one.

Here's some numbers....
    In 10 meetings since MSU joined the NSIC, MSU has scored 34 points in every game and SMSU has never scored more than 32 points.

There was that one close game in 2012 (damn you Adam Thielen), but only one other game was within a two-touchdown scoring margin. Interestingly though, the three closest games in the series since 2008 have all been in Mankato.

So you're saying there's a chance?

14. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Well we hope that RB Max Simmons returns to his 2016 form (18 TD's), as opposed to last year (3 TD's). As for the WR's, no one is scary or considered dangerous but maybe their play/stats will improve with Gimbel back.

Well we hope that RB Max Simmons returns to his 2016 form (18 TD's), as opposed to last year (3 TD's). As for the WR's, no one is scary or considered dangerous but maybe their play/stats will improve with Gimbel back.
    Really surprised to see Simmons not listed as the starter on the two-deep. I've heard the redshirt freshman has looked pretty good.

16. Default Re: Mankato vs Southwest Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Really surprised to see Simmons not listed as the starter on the two-deep. I've heard the redshirt freshman has looked pretty good.

Wow........

The Mavs have way too much for the Mustangs always questionable defense. There are certainly question marks on the Mavs defense but they should continue to be a strong unit. May take a couple of games to get it together with the new faces in place. Overall, the Mavs just have too much for the Mustangs. Gimble will get some stats and he'll also take some hits/sacks. Gunn will get his revenge on the team that caused him to miss 3+ games last season.

Mavs 44-13

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    I know SMSU has the stud quarterback coming back, but how are their skill position players with Huot gone?
    He will need to be a stud if the wind is as band there as it is here today.

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    It's a major unknown. The six WRs and two TEs on the two-deep had a combined 33 receptions for 370 yards and 2 touchdowns last year.

Video feed not working for me yet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast