Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Massey Predictions Week 1

  1. #1

    Default Massey Predictions Week 1

    Take these like a grain of salt, as we all know that anything can happen:

    Oklahoma Baptist 31 @ East Central 34
    Southern Nazarene 23 @ Southeastern Oklahoma 29
    Arkansas Monticello 33 @ Southwestern Oklahoma 28
    Ouachita Baptist 35 @ Northwestern Oklahoma 28
    Harding 31 @ Henderson State 17
    Arkansas Tech 33 @ Southern Arkansas 31 (BOOOOOOO!!! If this were to happen, it would break the streak of the home team winning)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1936

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    I doubt SWOSU scores 28

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    555

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Take these like a grain of salt, as we all know that anything can happen:

    Oklahoma Baptist 31 @ East Central 34
    Southern Nazarene 23 @ Southeastern Oklahoma 29
    Arkansas Monticello 33 @ Southwestern Oklahoma 28
    Ouachita Baptist 35 @ Northwestern Oklahoma 28
    Harding 31 @ Henderson State 17
    Arkansas Tech 33 @ Southern Arkansas 31 (BOOOOOOO!!! If this were to happen, it would break the streak of the home team winning)
    Gotta love Massey...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by weevil watcher View Post
    i doubt swosu scores 28
    nobody can score on uam!!!!!!

    After all, they only gave up 35 and 400 yards per last year

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Shady580
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    2818

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    nobody can score on uam!!!!!!

    After all, they only gave up 35 and 400 yards per last year
    I agree, D2. Where is the thought behind comments like this?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TigerGuy View Post
    I agree, D2. Where is the thought behind comments like this?
    The UAM defense is highly touted this year by the prognosticators....who are from UAM

  7. #7

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    The UAM defense is highly touted this year by the prognosticators....who are from UAM
    Those same people expect uam to win 7-8 games

  8. #8

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    The UAM defense is highly touted this year by the prognosticators....who are from UAM
    I believe UAM could win the Super Bowl.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Nothing wrong with Weevilwatcher have great expectations, I'm sure I was the only one on here screaming GAC champ last year and nobody believed me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Nothing wrong with Weevilwatcher have great expectations, I'm sure I was the only one on here screaming GAC champ last year and nobody believed me.
    Just so we’re all clear here. Are you screaming that this year?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Just so we’re all clear here. Are you screaming that this year?
    Did the sun rise this morning?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    It's possible SWOSU may not score 28. Last year they only scored 20 against UAM. Having said that, UAM still lost last year 19-20.

    Either way, we'll find out tonight when they play on the field.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    No way swosu can score on that defense the weevils have run out. No way!!!! Weevil said so!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    No way swosu can score on that defense the weevils have run out. No way!!!! Weevil said so!!
    I knew you be coming back to this lol

  15. #15

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    No way swosu can score on that defense the weevils have run out. No way!!!! Weevil said so!!
    Haha I thought about that post when I saw the score. That and the one where he talked about how good the twos and threes even looked...

    Here is the real question. Is the SWOSU offense that good, or is UAM that bad on defense?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Haha I thought about that post when I saw the score. That and the one where he talked about how good the twos and threes even looked...

    Here is the real question. Is the SWOSU offense that good, or is UAM that bad on defense?
    UAM defense that bad.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poteau ok
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    15448

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Forty nine

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    64115

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    yall heard about UAM defense?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    18317

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    UAM is not a good team

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    1936

    Default Re: Massey Predictions Week 1

    Been chewing that crow for a couple of days, looking for the bright side. Yes, it is the sun coming up these last two morning. I was there, again, watching a meltdown because of a lack of preparation. That term not only means being ready for what might come from the opponent, but also having the right personnel and scheme in place. Fundamentally, if you don't know what to expect (new coach, new scheme from SWOSU) then you play some base defensive sets with discipline and see what they plan to do........Instead, we had terrible discipline defensively with respect to assignment responsibility and execution. Too many individuals, not enough "team" which allowed SWOSU to hit 6 TD passes. Five were busted assignment, one was great throw. Which ironically enough, was a great play by the corner but just an inch away. Of the busted assignments, I attribute 2 to players and 3 to design. I believe Drago can be a above average DC, he needs someone else that understands the back-end to make it all work. And he is not getting that currently. It was painfully obvious and the SWOSU staff was licking their chops. Hell, I was licking my chops....... Typically, the biggest improvement of a season is between week 1 and week 2 so here's to the Weevils seeing that trend continue.

    Offensively, Sears looked good. We found a second back and the WR were competent. The WR group is just game reps away from being very good as a group. There were several times, actually a lot of times, that the receiver didn't see the same thing that the QB did. That will be a big growth point for the Weevils. OL has a ways to go, although better than past years with respect to rotation and not dropping off.


    SWOSU will be a challenge this year for midrange teams and could be in the top half if they stay healthy. Good scheme offensively, just don't know if they have the horses after people see it for a few weeks. Defensively, they aren't going to get away with that style on the road.

    Will be interested in the GAC official review of play in the 4th where SWOSU was awarded a 40+ yd TD with a personal foul on a downfield block. Instead of calling it back and assessing a penalty, they signaled TD and assessed a 15 yd penalty against SWOSU on the kickoff. Since their mics weren't working, no one could hear the explanation, or lack thereof of the call. Will be interested to hear the official statement.


    Carry On.......

    #GoWeevils
    #EatEmUp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •