Thread: SU names starting QB

Default SU names starting QB

True freshman, Tyson Bagent, son of former Ram baseball player and World Champion arm wrestler Travis Bagent named starter.

http://www.journal-news.net/sports/l...herd-football/

Default Re: SU names starting QB

It will be interesting to see how he does in his first game. When was the last time Shepherd started a true freshman?

He comes from a good football program and I'm glad to see some of the local kids choosing Shepherd. I know that hasn't always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by wvftballfan View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he does in his first game. When was the last time Shepherd started a true freshman?

He comes from a good football program and I'm glad to see some of the local kids choosing Shepherd. I know that hasn't always been the case.
    I could be wrong but I think Joel Gordon was a true freshman starter, that worked out pretty well.

4. Default Re: SU names starting QB

I think you’re correct. Joel was a four year starter and three year captain (‘99-02). Did Kevin Clancy start his sophomore year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopram View Post
    True freshman, Tyson Bagent, son of former Ram baseball player and World Champion arm wrestler Travis Bagent named starter.

http://www.journal-news.net/sports/l...herd-football/
    This should be a good thing for revenue at Shepherd. Martinsburg High School is 10 miles from Ram Stadium, yet so MANY die-hard football fans in the community that went to MHS Bulldog on Friday night, spent their Saturdays watching WVU on Saturday. I would be intrigued to see a breakdown of past attendance between area residents and friends/family of players who were from outside of the eastern panhandle. I imagine Shepherd will start to see a lot more local sports fans at home games.
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

6. Default Re: SU names starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post
    This should be a good thing for revenue at Shepherd. Martinsburg High School is 10 miles from Ram Stadium, yet so MANY die-hard football fans in the community that went to MHS Bulldog on Friday night, spent their Saturdays watching WVU on Saturday. I would be intrigued to see a breakdown of past attendance between area residents and friends/family of players who were from outside of the eastern panhandle. I imagine Shepherd will start to see a lot more local sports fans at home games.

If he fares well, might keep home some of the local boarder line D1 talent produce by Martinsburg. It doesn’t hurt having five guys on NFL rosters either. Hopefully the other athletic programs can start to attracting other local standout talent.

If he fares well, might keep home some of the local boarder line D1 talent produce by Martinsburg. It doesn’t hurt having five guys on NFL rosters either. Hopefully the other athletic programs can start to attracting other local standout talent.
    I agree, if he does well and gets local sports coverage it may help.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I think you’re correct. Joel was a four year starter and three year captain (‘99-02). Did Kevin Clancy start his sophomore year?
    If I remember correctly, Joel Gordon didn't start the season as the starter. I believe Matt Davis began the season as the starter and Joel Gordon won the job during the season. I can't remember a true freshman starting the season as the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
    If I remember correctly, Joel Gordon didn't start the season as the starter. I believe Matt Davis began the season as the starter and Joel Gordon won the job during the season. I can't remember a true freshman starting the season as the starter.
    You are correct. Davis did start during the first few games if the season.

I hope the kid does really well. I have Feiss on my fantasy league roster.