Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GNAC Pick 'Em: Week 1

Contribute to D2

Default GNAC Pick 'Em: Week 1

The new season has arrived! And along with it the sad news that our Lumberjack friends got whacked by their own personal spotted owls and HSU will be dropping football at the end of the year. However, let us celebrate their final season (for now anyway) with picking the winners and losers of the games.

As always, week 1 provides the most interesting OOC games of the year. CWU will go visit their richer in-state cousins over in Cheney and play D1 FCS Eastern Washington after spurning TAMUK for a hotter, newer girl (with a nice check at the end of the game). The Angelo State Rams will be visiting sunny Monmouth to play Western Oregon. The D3 Willamette Bearcats will be heading to the slippery slope to play Simon Fraser and I have a feeling SFU might actually get on the left side of the win column for once. Another LSC team in the West Texas A&M Beefalos will make their first of two trips out west to play Azusa Pacific. Finally, Humboldt will board the most broken down bus the administration can find on their own trip out to Wichita Falls, Kansas Texas to play the Midwestern State Mustangs.

Enter your answers here: https://goo.gl/forms/0HopgorZSpLRcXIH2

All times PDT

CWU (0-0)@
    EWU (0-0)
    1pm

ASU (0-0)@
    WOU (0-0)
    1pm

Wilamette (0-0)@
    SFU (0-0)
    3pm

HSU (0-0)@
    MWSU (0-0)
    5pm

WTAMU (0-0)@
    APU (0-0)
    6pm

And because someone thought I was a slacker, we will now have BONUS PICKS! These are the most interesting games of the week outside the conference as determined by a highly skilled and acclaimed committee of GNAC fans (Runnin' Cat). This week we have the battle of the TAMUs (both of whom CWU should have beaten had they not had a brainfart), the GLIAC grudge fest, Minnesota madness, and the most flyoveriest state schools there can be going at it.

TAMU Kingsville (0-0)@
    TAMU Commerce (0-0)
    5pm

Indianapolis (0-0)@
    GVSU (0-0)
    4pm

Southwest Minnesota (0-0)@
    MSU Mankato (0-0)
    4pm

Black Hills State (0-0)@
    Chadron State (0-0)
    4:30pm
    Last edited by IronOre; 08-27-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Default Re: GNAC Pick 'Em: Week 1

EWU

WOU

Wilamette

MWSU

APU

TAMU Commerce

GVSU

MSU Mankato

Chadron State
    Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 08-28-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Do I need scores too? If so I can provide them.
    No scores. It took a lot of work, even with the spreadsheet I had set up.

Okay guys, Casual Observer, henceforth referred to as "The Overachiever" showed me how to do the google form. Here it is, in all it's glory. PLEASE USE IT!

https://goo.gl/forms/0HopgorZSpLRcXIH2

If you want to post your entries on here, feel free. But I will keep score off the webform so do it first!
    Last edited by IronOre; 08-27-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Make sure and enter your picks on the GOOGLE worksheet.

But tsull and others that add comments, please leave them in this thread. I always enjoy the commentary.

IronOre, thanks for doing this again!

And on a side bet.....over/under on JackoftheGNAC doing any picks?

REDACTED

Hey, really like the new Google pick 'em format. Who I picked:

EWU 37, CWU 21: If EWU didn't have an unreal QB, this would be even closer as CWU as a great QB, too. I saw EWU's QB live defeat Washington State -- he's that good.

Angelo State 28, WOU 24: I'm not sure what kind of team WOU will roll out this year, should be tough on defense. Angelo State picked 4th in the LSC. Don't want to pick against the alma mater, but Angelo St. appears better on paper. Looking forward to going to the game.

Simon Fraser 17, Willamette 6: These two teams were a combined 0-19 in football in 2017. It's the ugly game of the week nationally, but hey, someone has to win and I'll pick D2 over D3.

Midwestern State 44, Humboldt State 21: In a normal world, not HSU administration's alternative reality world, I'd pick this closer. MW State is picked No. 8 in the nation; HSU is cutting its program, that's the difference.

TAMU Commerce 45, TAMU Kingsville 17: Going on the polls here, and this site has TAMU-Commerce at a lofty No. 2 in the nation.

Grand Valley 37, Indianapolis 36: Going against the polls, and going on tradition as I pick national power GVSU to upend higher-ranked Indianapolis.

MSU Mankato 24, SW Minnesota 17: Flying blind here, don't know either team, sorry.

Chadron State 33, Black Hills State 24: Again, don't know either team ... I like Danny Woodhead so I picked his alma mater.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    Hey, really like the new Google pick 'em format. Who I picked:

EWU 37, CWU 21: If EWU didn't have an unreal QB, this would be even closer as CWU as a great QB, too. I saw EWU's QB live defeat Washington State -- he's that good.

Angelo State 28, WOU 24: I'm not sure what kind of team WOU will roll out this year, should be tough on defense. Angelo State picked 4th in the LSC. Don't want to pick against the alma mater, but Angelo St. appears better on paper. Looking forward to going to the game.

Simon Fraser 17, Willamette 6: These two teams were a combined 0-19 in football in 2017. It's the ugly game of the week nationally, but hey, someone has to win and I'll pick D2 over D3.

Midwestern State 44, Humboldt State 21: In a normal world, not HSU administration's alternative reality world, I'd pick this closer. MW State is picked No. 8 in the nation; HSU is cutting its program, that's the difference.

TAMU Commerce 45, TAMU Kingsville 17: Going on the polls here, and this site has TAMU-Commerce at a lofty No. 2 in the nation.

Grand Valley 37, Indianapolis 36: Going against the polls, and going on tradition as I pick national power GVSU to upend higher-ranked Indianapolis.

MSU Mankato 24, SW Minnesota 17: Flying blind here, don't know either team, sorry.

Chadron State 33, Black Hills State 24: Again, don't know either team ... I like Danny Woodhead so I picked his alma mater.
    Central QB is very good

Gardner to suit up for 9ers Thursday night

Someone going by "DDD" entered twice. Will have to see if I can limit the number of entries next time.

Locked and loaded. Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    Someone going by "DDD" entered twice. Will have to see if I can limit the number of entries next time.
    You can limit the number of entries, but it requires them to enter in their email address. Look under permissions.

Also, I noticed you have a Thursday game on here, you may want to change it to before Thursday at game time and stop accepting entries at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    You can limit the number of entries, but it requires them to enter in their email address. Look under permissions.
    Yeah, I spotted that. I can just weed out the extra entry when I put the winners in. Making people log in will reduce the amount partaking, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Also, I noticed you have a Thursday game on here, you may want to change it to before Thursday at game time and stop accepting entries at that point.
    That was my goof up, so I will leave it open until Saturday. If someone feels the need to cheat on a D2 pick'em, that's kinda sad.

DDD did a third entry! I'm assuming this is someone getting used to the new system. Luckily, all the entries are identical.

I've always believed everyone on this board is a portrait of virtue - unmatched integrity - so I wouldn't worry about it.

No one has any faith in Southwest Minnesota. Looking at their record and the score from last year's game, I can see why. Angelo State vs Western Oregon is a dead heat, though. Go Wolves!

No one has any faith in Southwest Minnesota. Looking at their record and the score from last year's game, I can see why. Angelo State vs Western Oregon is a dead heat, though. Go Wolves!
    A request was made for the analytics page. Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics

A request was made for the analytics page. Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics
    Who are the 3 that picked CWU, and the two that picked the Jacks? Also of note is that one person picked TAMUK and one picked WTAMU.

MSU Mankato 24, SW Minnesota 17: Flying blind here, don't know either team, sorry.[/B]

MSU Mankato is a team you'll probably see playing in December.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast