Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCO at Pitt

Contribute to D2

Default UCO at Pitt

Get er going.

New oc and dc for Pitt and folks have been tight lipped in SEK. No idea what to expect aside from one player being quoted as loving the "new offense". It has me more excited for game 1 than I have been in quite a while.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 08-26-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Default Re: UCO at Pitt

Still no word on who has won the QB battle for UCO. I am suspecting we’ll see a heavy dose of Wyoming transfer Chandler Garrett, but knowing Bobeck it’s likely to be a two QB system in some respects. Either way, the success of the offense will probably be tied to how the offensive line develops because we’ll have two new bigs up front.

Looking forward to a tight contest. This is a very talented UCO roster and the Jungle will be rocking on opening night.
    Roll Chos!

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Get er going.

New oc and dc for Pitt and folks have been tight lipped in SEK. No idea what to expect aside from one player being quoted as loving the "new offense". It has me more excited for game 1 than I have been in quite a while.
    guess you better order up extra patch kits for the ole blow up doll huh?

Not sure if I will be burning couches because Pitt sucks, or talking trash because they are good? Looking forward to finding out.

One thing I know is that they have to slap the sleeping giant to get it started.

Expecting a run heavy Pitt team with multiple backs that’s not afraid to throw to some talented and speedy wide receivers. Defense is really what I am excited about. Looking forward to watching the d line this year, I expect them to be really good up front and cause hell for QBs. Dreiling and Lattimer will have them coached up for sure. Sounds like secondary is solid as well.

I feel like the Pitt defense will win this game.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    I feel like the Pitt defense will win this game.
    The UCO defense is supposed to be their strong point this year. We’ll see, it would be highly surprising if this turned in to a defensive struggle though.
    Roll Chos!

Quote Originally Posted by PittStateFootball View Post
    Expecting a run heavy Pitt team with multiple backs that’s not afraid to throw to some talented and speedy wide receivers. Defense is really what I am excited about. Looking forward to watching the d line this year, I expect them to be really good up front and cause hell for QBs. Dreiling and Lattimer will have them coached up for sure. Sounds like secondary is solid as well.
    I'm excited about all the changes, as well. Really looking forward to seeing Dreiling's defense. UCO will be a great dline and lb test. They will run right at it.

Not sure about dbacks some transfers back there, and that's been a mixed bag in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I'm excited about all the changes, as well. Really looking forward to seeing Dreiling's defense. UCO will be a great dline and lb test. They will run right at it.

Not sure about dbacks some transfers back there, and that's been a mixed bag in the past.
    I feel like a lot of that was the secondary being out of position. Dreiling was always in position to make the play, because he was always studying film. I think he has his defense playing better than what we have seen in the past.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    I feel like a lot of that was the secondary being out of position. Dreiling was always in position to make the play, because he was always studying film. I think he has his defense playing better than what we have seen in the past.
    I hope so. I know he's a preparation monster.

11. Default Re: UCO at Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by RollChos View Post
    The UCO defense is supposed to be their strong point this year. We’ll see, it would be highly surprising if this turned in to a defensive struggle though.
    This could very well be a 17-10 game.
    Uneducated guess, but UCO has a solid shot in this one.
    Yes, we should have a good defense. A good turn-key defense from last year.
    Offense is a great unknown - so far.
    Look for UCO to pick up where they left off.

Better head over to the "pick-em" and put it in writing...

https://bronchosports.com/news/2018/...episode-1.aspx

UCO site has a bunch of position articles, pregame write-up etc...

Nice stuff.

I didn't realize The Pitt D would get a crack at a brand new QB.

NOt sure how much it will matter with the way UCO likes to pound the ball.

Young DC that has practically no experience. Not saying hes underqualified or anything but there will be some growing pains for a young coach. Getting calls in early for kids to understand, adjusting and getting calls relayed to players in time. Can have a strong football mind but some of that comes with experience.

I am expecting a sloppy game for sure, week 1 generally is, at least for UCO. Whoever wins the turnover battle probably has this in the bag.

Latest article on bronchosports.com has us playing all three QBs? Calhoon and Garrett know the system well though, I have high hopes for both of them. I would for sure expect to see a heavy dose of Clay McKenzie though, assuming his knee holds up.
    Roll Chos!

Quote Originally Posted by RollChos View Post
    I am expecting a sloppy game for sure, week 1 generally is, at least for UCO. Whoever wins the turnover battle probably has this in the bag.

Latest article on bronchosports.com has us playing all three QBs? Calhoon and Garrett know the system well though, I have high hopes for both of them. I would for sure expect to see a heavy dose of Clay McKenzie though, assuming his knee holds up.
    Yeah most Game 1's are sloppy. Sometimes you even see the winner out-athleting the loser instead of outplaying.

Saw it happen in some of those non-cons NW played against LSC teams in years past. LSC team might get em game 1, but NW was the better team by the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Young DC that has practically no experience. Not saying hes underqualified or anything but there will be some growing pains for a young coach. Getting calls in early for kids to understand, adjusting and getting calls relayed to players in time. Can have a strong football mind but some of that comes with experience.
    I'll bet people were thinking the same thing when he lead the MIAA in tackles as a Freshman LB in 2010. Besides, last year's DC, Dave Weimers, is this year's OC. I think he'll have a pretty good support structure.
    I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by transparent58 View Post
    I'll bet people were thinking the same thing when he lead the MIAA in tackles as a Freshman LB in 2010. Besides, last year's DC, Dave Weimers, is this year's OC. I think he'll have a pretty good support structure.
    Hows he gonna pile jump his way to a top 3 defense?

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Hows he gonna pile jump his way to a top 3 defense?
    transfers in the secondary and our line has finally grown up and are now bigger than the average 8th grader. The ends can do more than speed rush to the outside which would leave gaping holes for the qb to run through or running backs on draw plays or middle screens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast