Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: UCM thoughts

  1. #1

    Default UCM thoughts

    So I would like feedback on how happy UCM fans are with the current coaching staff. Usually the team finishes in the upper part of the conference, is that good enough. How many of the fans and alumni want playoffs or is it acceptable to finish third and wait till next year. It seems that this is good enough.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,473
    Rep Power
    182851

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Considering the amount of preseason "Josh Buchanan" guys you have on offense, ya'll should probably score 60-70 points a game and probably run the D2 table.

    If it's anything less than that I would revolt. Just saying.
    Cool Story Bro

  3. #3

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Hey,I'm just chilling at lunch,anyway it usually seems like the offense is the best side of the team. The defense needs upgrading did UCM make a good hire in Bell or will this be his year to put up or go?

  4. Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mule4ever View Post
    So I would like feedback on how happy UCM fans are with the current coaching staff. Usually the team finishes in the upper part of the conference, is that good enough. How many of the fans and alumni want playoffs or is it acceptable to finish third and wait till next year. It seems that this is good enough.
    Losing Coach Clemons and Coach Teeter after the season last year hurt, they are both excellent coaches and well respected by the team. Overall I think the coaching staff is good. I think this is the year if the team can stay healthy. As several have stated it all just depends on which team shows up to play. Next week's game at FHSU is gonna be tough but if they can show up and take home the W it will give them some momentum going into an easier part of the schedule. Offense is hitting on all 8 cylinders, Defense looks real tough from what I saw of the scrimmage. Got some key players coming back off injury from last year, Stand back and watch them work!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,127
    Rep Power
    56315

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    I think this could be their year, if they have a defense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Is that crazy good te still there?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,127
    Rep Power
    56315

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Is that crazy good te still there?
    No. Delaney Walker graduated.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    If it weren't for Hays in week 1, their schedule set up seems pretty favorable.

    More importantly, UCM should be top two each and every year. They check just about every box to get kids there. I mean at this point its hard to compete with NW tradition and flashy equipment budget. But they should be beating out Pitt and Mowest and Moso for KC area kids easily.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    No. Delaney Walker graduated.
    Pretty sure he played wr at central.

    Hebert is the guy I was thinking of.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Is that crazy good te still there?
    Yes, first team all-american tight end Seth Hebert is a senior and he will be catching passes from all-american QB Brook Bolles.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kewanee, IL
    Posts
    8,127
    Rep Power
    56315

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pretty sure he played wr at central.

    Hebert is the guy I was thinking of.
    He did, and killed us. It was a joke.

  12. #12

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Seth Hebert, first team all-american tight end for UCM.
    His last name (Hebert) is of French origin and is pronounced nothing like it looks.
    Opposing announcers always pronounce it He-bert.
    It's correctly pronounced A-bear.
    #85 first team all-american tight end for UCM... Seth A-bear.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 08-25-2018 at 06:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    UCM at Ft. Hays on Thursday night. Common sense tells me to stay home and watch it on tv for $10. But, I'm weak and I know that I will end up caving in and making the five hour drive to Hays from KC. That's to far to drive back that night, so I will stay over and return to KC on Friday.

    Any other UCM posters planning on attending the game? Maybe we can meet up in the tailgate area for a couple of beers.

    By the way....where the "H" is Juiced Mule? Time for him to make his usual grand entrance onto the message board.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,004
    Rep Power
    80260

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    Seth Hebert, first team all-american tight end for UCM.
    His last name (Hebert) is of French origin and is pronounced nothing like it looks.
    Opposing announcers always pronounce it He-bert.
    It's correctly pronounced A-bear.
    #85 first team all-american tight end for UCM... Seth A-bear.
    just like the cajun cannon.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bowling Green, MO
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    13894

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    We’re going to be scary good this year. No trash talk there. Defense will be improved and if it is, we will win the MIAA.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    UCM at Ft. Hays on Thursday night. Common sense tells me to stay home and watch it on tv for $10. But, I'm weak and I know that I will end up caving in and making the five hour drive to Hays from KC. That's to far to drive back that night, so I will stay over and return to KC on Friday.

    Any other UCM posters planning on attending the game? Maybe we can meet up in the tailgate area for a couple of beers.

    By the way....where the "H" is Juiced Mule? Time for him to make his usual grand entrance onto the message board.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicedMule View Post
    We’re going to be scary good this year. No trash talk there. Defense will be improved and if it is, we will win the MIAA.

    SPEAK OF THE DEVIL.....At 7:56 PM I ask "by the way...where the "H" is Juiced Mule" and at 9:01 PM, low and behold Juiced Mule makes his 2018 appearance (LMAO) I guess "The Man" just needed a little prodding.. (lol)
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 08-25-2018 at 09:54 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    Seth Hebert, first team all-american tight end for UCM.
    His last name (Hebert) is of French origin and is pronounced nothing like it looks.
    Opposing announcers always pronounce it He-bert.
    It's correctly pronounced A-bear.
    #85 first team all-american tight end for UCM... Seth A-bear.
    There was an NFL qb by that name, so I assumed that was how you pronounced it. Now, I read it as he Bert in my head because it's funny.

  18. Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Yup, Bobby (A-bear) Hebert

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,841
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: UCM thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    Yup, Bobby (A-bear) Hebert
    Cajun Cannon

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23,167
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    SPEAK OF THE DEVIL.....At 7:56 PM I ask "by the way...where the "H" is Juiced Mule" and at 9:01 PM, low and behold Juiced Mule makes his 2018 appearance (LMAO) I guess "The Man" just needed a little prodding.. (lol)

    BeetleJuicedMule

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •