Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: NW QB

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,535
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    119992

    Default NW QB

    I see that Coach Wright has named Freshman Braden Wright as the starting QB...looks like they wanted a lot more mobility and he has also shown to throw the deep ball pretty good. On a side note, Emanual Jones (RB) has left the team.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23,183
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: NW QB

    #freebolles

    /obligatory

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,535
    Rep Power
    119992

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    #freebolles

    /obligatory
    We had to pass that to UCM

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,006
    Rep Power
    80260

    Default Re: NW QB

    probl a white knuckle ride as he develops. sounds like an exciting player from what i read this morning in the mdf article.

  5. #5

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    I see that Coach Wright has named Freshman Braden Wright as the starting QB...looks like they wanted a lot more mobility and he has also shown to throw the deep ball pretty good. On a side note, Emanual Jones (RB) has left the team.
    And to think that he had committed to UNK under Lamberson. AD leaves. Lamberson leaves. Changes to NW. Now starting as a RSFR. Presents quite a quandary going forward with the young talented depth at the position. A transfer or 2 seems inevitable. Last RSFR to start for NW was?

    And also to think lil red gave another one of their patented practice dummy offers to him. At least he was smart enough to turn that down as well.

  6. #6

    Default Re: NW QB

    We have a freshman WR dressing, along with 3 freshmen DL.

    As a Chiefs fan, it looks like I'll have to be patient with two teams I follow when it comes to INTs......

  7. #7

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    I see that Coach Wright has named Freshman Braden Wright as the starting QB...looks like they wanted a lot more mobility and he has also shown to throw the deep ball pretty good. On a side note, Emanual Jones (RB) has left the team.
    Might be bumpy for now but assuming he grows into the role and stay healthy you guys will be set at qb especially in 21 and 22

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: NW QB

    good beginning schedule to ease a freshman quarterback into play; arguably Mo West, Wash, MO South have bottom 3rd defenses.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    976
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    We have a freshman WR dressing, along with 3 freshmen DL.

    As a Chiefs fan, it looks like I'll have to be patient with two teams I follow when it comes to INTs......
    This doesn't tell me that they aren't still top of the food chain. But it does signal that they are officially back down to earth after having that ungodly 3-4 year span with Bevins and Weitl and Yost plus a guy named Longacre. Wondering what the most feared front 4 will be this year

  10. #10

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    This doesn't tell me that they aren't still top of the food chain. But it does signal that they are officially back down to earth after having that ungodly 3-4 year span with Bevins and Weitl and Yost plus a guy named Longacre. Wondering what the most feared front 4 will be this year
    What it tells me is that RW is betting that the new redshirt rules in D1 will be implemented into the other divisions next year and guessing that players from this year will be grandfathered in.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    182851

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    What it tells me is that RW is betting that the new redshirt rules in D1 will be implemented into the other divisions next year and guessing that players from this year will be grandfathered in.
    What are the new rules?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Tabor, Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    15618

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    What are the new rules?
    That true freshmen can play a few games and still be red shirted. That was the jest of what I got out of it.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Tabor, Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,386
    Rep Power
    15618

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    We have a freshman WR dressing, along with 3 freshmen DL.

    As a Chiefs fan, it looks like I'll have to be patient with two teams I follow when it comes to INTs......
    Just because they gave them numbers now does not mean that they will be on the traveling squad or playing.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    This doesn't tell me that they aren't still top of the food chain. But it does signal that they are officially back down to earth after having that ungodly 3-4 year span with Bevins and Weitl and Yost plus a guy named Longacre. Wondering what the most feared front 4 will be this year
    NW has Eskew and Robberts which both will get NFL looks. Their front 4 should be okay when you have two that should make camps on that line. The freshman just have numbers, doesn’t mean they are starters. NW front 4 did alright last year and with Eskew and Robberts back they should be okay this year I’d think.

  15. #15

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by voicefromthestands View Post
    That true freshmen can play a few games and still be red shirted. That was the jest of what I got out of it.
    Yep - play up to 4 games and still retain redshirt

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,535
    Rep Power
    119992

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    NW has Eskew and Robberts which both will get NFL looks. Their front 4 should be okay when you have two that should make camps on that line. The freshman just have numbers, doesn’t mean they are starters. NW front 4 did alright last year and with Eskew and Robberts back they should be okay this year I’d think.
    From my understanding Roberts has yet to practice

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    From my understanding Roberts has yet to practice
    Shhhh...you don't know about rule 1.1.1(a) of the Message Board Code of Ethics? You don't post anything about a players status or availability to play. C'mon!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,535
    Rep Power
    119992

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Shhhh...you don't know about rule 1.1.1(a) of the Message Board Code of Ethics? You don't post anything about a players status or availability to play. C'mon!
    KMA. Lol

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Maryville, MO
    Posts
    5,503
    Rep Power
    109997

    Default Re: NW QB

    The intrigue to me isn't the NW QB situation, it's Caldwell vs his old team. I believe JP was quoted in the MDF that it was MW mistake to let him go and NW gain (can't find exact quote online).

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    456
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: NW QB

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    The intrigue to me isn't the NW QB situation, it's Caldwell vs his old team. I believe JP was quoted in the MDF that it was MW mistake to let him go and NW gain (can't find exact quote online).
    Exactly....gotta believe that the MoWest defense will be doing a little extra head hunting for Mr. Caldwell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •