Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW QB

Contribute to D2

Default NW QB

I see that Coach Wright has named Freshman Braden Wright as the starting QB...looks like they wanted a lot more mobility and he has also shown to throw the deep ball pretty good. On a side note, Emanual Jones (RB) has left the team.

Default Re: NW QB

#freebolles

/obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    #freebolles

/obligatory
    We had to pass that to UCM

probl a white knuckle ride as he develops. sounds like an exciting player from what i read this morning in the mdf article.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    I see that Coach Wright has named Freshman Braden Wright as the starting QB...looks like they wanted a lot more mobility and he has also shown to throw the deep ball pretty good. On a side note, Emanual Jones (RB) has left the team.
    And to think that he had committed to UNK under Lamberson. AD leaves. Lamberson leaves. Changes to NW. Now starting as a RSFR. Presents quite a quandary going forward with the young talented depth at the position. A transfer or 2 seems inevitable. Last RSFR to start for NW was?

And also to think lil red gave another one of their patented practice dummy offers to him. At least he was smart enough to turn that down as well.

We have a freshman WR dressing, along with 3 freshmen DL.

As a Chiefs fan, it looks like I'll have to be patient with two teams I follow when it comes to INTs......

Might be bumpy for now but assuming he grows into the role and stay healthy you guys will be set at qb especially in 21 and 22

good beginning schedule to ease a freshman quarterback into play; arguably Mo West, Wash, MO South have bottom 3rd defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post

As a Chiefs fan, it looks like I'll have to be patient with two teams I follow when it comes to INTs......
    This doesn't tell me that they aren't still top of the food chain. But it does signal that they are officially back down to earth after having that ungodly 3-4 year span with Bevins and Weitl and Yost plus a guy named Longacre. Wondering what the most feared front 4 will be this year

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    This doesn't tell me that they aren't still top of the food chain. But it does signal that they are officially back down to earth after having that ungodly 3-4 year span with Bevins and Weitl and Yost plus a guy named Longacre. Wondering what the most feared front 4 will be this year
    What it tells me is that RW is betting that the new redshirt rules in D1 will be implemented into the other divisions next year and guessing that players from this year will be grandfathered in.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    What it tells me is that RW is betting that the new redshirt rules in D1 will be implemented into the other divisions next year and guessing that players from this year will be grandfathered in.
    What are the new rules?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    What are the new rules?
    That true freshmen can play a few games and still be red shirted. That was the jest of what I got out of it.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post

Just because they gave them numbers now does not mean that they will be on the traveling squad or playing.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    NW has Eskew and Robberts which both will get NFL looks. Their front 4 should be okay when you have two that should make camps on that line. The freshman just have numbers, doesn’t mean they are starters. NW front 4 did alright last year and with Eskew and Robberts back they should be okay this year I’d think.

Quote Originally Posted by voicefromthestands View Post
    That true freshmen can play a few games and still be red shirted. That was the jest of what I got out of it.
    Yep - play up to 4 games and still retain redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    NW has Eskew and Robberts which both will get NFL looks. Their front 4 should be okay when you have two that should make camps on that line. The freshman just have numbers, doesn’t mean they are starters. NW front 4 did alright last year and with Eskew and Robberts back they should be okay this year I’d think.
    From my understanding Roberts has yet to practice

From my understanding Roberts has yet to practice
    Shhhh...you don't know about rule 1.1.1(a) of the Message Board Code of Ethics? You don't post anything about a players status or availability to play. C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Shhhh...you don't know about rule 1.1.1(a) of the Message Board Code of Ethics? You don't post anything about a players status or availability to play. C'mon!
    KMA. Lol

The intrigue to me isn't the NW QB situation, it's Caldwell vs his old team. I believe JP was quoted in the MDF that it was MW mistake to let him go and NW gain (can't find exact quote online).

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    The intrigue to me isn't the NW QB situation, it's Caldwell vs his old team. I believe JP was quoted in the MDF that it was MW mistake to let him go and NW gain (can't find exact quote online).
    Exactly....gotta believe that the MoWest defense will be doing a little extra head hunting for Mr. Caldwell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast