Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The case against Finishempty Fred

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default The case against Finishempty Fred

As many of you know Finishempty Fred has for the past year been an avid OUA poster. Over the course of that year, we have seen that Fred really has no intellectual substance. Because of his inability to deal in actual football facts, instead of football fantasies, he engages in ad hominem attacks. When he gets called out for out, he cries wolf and claims victimhood status—even though he picked the fight.

However, he has continually crossed lines insulting people both explicitly and implicitly. Recent explicit examples can be found on the “2018 official gac pickem!!,” “2 Weeks away,” and “Henderson State HC Scott Maxfield” threads. An implicit example can be found on the “Hooten’s Arkansas Football Book Pre-season Rankings” starting with post #69, then post #70, #72, #75 and then ending with #76. Note: see post #77 if you want to see the slap back Fred incurred. The conversation that led to the implicit insult can be found here: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...t=91435&page=4

So, to leave no doubt how low Fred’s football IQ is, I thought I would recount a preseason conversation, using exact quotes, we had about Ouachita. Why is this important? First, Ouachita is Fred’s team. Second, this conversation will demonstrate that Fred does not even have an actual grasp of football facts about his own team. These quotes can be found on the “HU News” thread. The posts shown below start at #30, then go in order #34, #35, #39, #40 & #60. (That thread can be found here: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...t=89394&page=2)

As everyone can see, Fred started out with enthusiasm—nothing wrong with that—regarding his team for the 2018 season. However, I tried to point out a potential issue with his bravado statement concerning deep playoff runs. That issue of course is the OUA defense. Why the defense, well HSU and HU have won PO games because of their defenses, not their offenses. Further, note that Fred’s statement came after OUA’s second time making the playoffs since joining the GAC and the second time OUA has been one-and-done. Here’s how the convo went down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    2018 Tigers has a chance to go undefeated next year. If the QB situation works out, we have a chance to go deep in the playoffs!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Every team has a chance to go undefeated next year--some better than others. It's the way of the offseason.

If the QB situation works out for Ouachita they will certainly find ways to win in the GAC...it's what Ouachita does. Having said that, replacing the talent and experience of Warford is going to be tough.

As for the POs, if I remember correctly, the Tigers return mostly intact a defense that gave up around 432ypg and 26ppg. They won many of their games in high scoring affairs. Those kinds of teams don't typically make deep playoff runs. Other PO teams tend to have good offenses too. It's the ability to stop those offenses that typically determines who makes playoff runs.
    Not enough for Fred, he decides to go all condescending on me, by giving me a lecture about how a 4-2-5 defense works.
    Tigers 4-2-5 defense is a system that automatically gets stats for the the 2 LBs. The difference this year will be the constant pressure we will put on the QB with our front 4. We had a bunch of young guys who will end up being all time greats on the the front 4. This will take a lot of pressure off the backend who will be alot more seasoned and ready to contribute. I guess it comes down to knowing your personnel. We expect big things from the defense this year. As far as the QB situation. You better believe Coach Derby has a card in his back pocket. Our offense is a run first scheme and QB friendly. This same offense that didn't lose a whole lot in 2016 when Afford got hurt and missed most of the second half of the season. We have playmakers all over the field and that will be a big help to any new QB. Plus it looks like Harding will be without their dangerous running QB to begin the year. The guy who played against Commerce did impress me with better throwing ability but his feet doesn't put pressure on the defense, we all know what Harding wants to do. That will handicap them to begin the season. I like our chances to go back to back and finally make a run in the playoffs.
    My response, which I attempt to keep focused on the football facts regarding OUA’s defense.
    Since most teams in this league run either a 4-2-5 or a 3-4 D I'm aware of how they work.

As for the Ouachita defensive front four. If I remember correctly Ouachita's front four averaged 255 last year. They had only 16 sacks last year of which 9 of those came against NWOSU, SWOSU & ECU--the 3 worst o-lines in the league. If you are going to argue that the improvements will come due to off-season workouts, etc., then you have to account for the fact that opposing offensive lines will have the opportunity to do the same.

As a football analyst, I do not see how having that kind of d-line back is going to automatically translate into better pressure this upcoming year--let alone being all time greats--nor do I see where your optimism that they are going to make a giant leap forward is coming from.
    Fred then double downs on the implicit condescending insults.
    The same confidence I had coming into last season and I'm sure I the only one picking my Tigers to win conference. As you being an analysis, I'm pretty sure I know more about this team than you do. Im also pretty sure you aren't putting in the time and resources to truly understand this team. Anyone can look up stats!!!!
    I attempt to keep it about football.
    You do realize that the majority of pressure generated against opposing QBs by Ouachita was due to the LBs NOT the D-line, right?

And please, save the whole in a 4-2-5 LBs are the mainstay spiel. Harding, Tech, & SAU also run 4-2-5 defenses and generate their pressure with their D-lines. The fact is, there is no evidence showing any trends that would indicate Ouachita's defense, particularly the D-line, will dramatically improve to the level you are claiming.
    Fred does not respond.

Then, after OUA has their Spring Game, Fred writes the following on the Spring Ball thread. The post in question is #12. It can be found here: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=90798
    After spring game heres my take.
    1. Offense will be the strength of our team again this year.
    2. RB corp will be the best in GAC.
    3. If 6'7" WR McElroy shows up this year opposing secondaries are in trouble.
    4. Defense very suspect with no depth at most positions. LB corp looks very unexperienced and secondary looks confused at times. We will how to outscore opponents again this year to be successful.
    5. We will compete and have a good shot at winning another GAC Championship.
    Now that you all have read the above, please note:
    1) Post #34 in the HU News thread, my first post in the conversation, was posted on January 21, 2018.
    2) Post #60 in the HU News thread (the last post in that conversation) was posted February 22, 2018.
    3) Post #12 in the Spring Ball thread, Fred’s post, was posted April 14, 2018.

It took Fred less than two months and a spring game to suddenly agree with my thoughts about OUA’s defensive prospects for the coming year…yet, according to him, I am just an “analysis” who doesn’t “truly understand this team.”

Now that you all have the evidence before you. I leave it to you all to decide whether or not we are dealing with someone who actually knows football and wishes to talk football facts or is more interested in ad hominem attacks and football fantasies.

2. Default Re: The case against Finishempty Fred

However, he has continually crossed lines insulting people both explicitly and implicitly. Recent explicit examples can be found on the “2018 official gac pickem!!,” “2 Weeks away,” and “Henderson State HC Scott Maxfield” threads. An implicit example can be found on the “Hooten’s Arkansas Football Book Pre-season Rankings” starting with post #69, then post #70, #72, #75 and then ending with #76. Note: see post #77 if you want to see the slap back Fred incurred. The conversation that led to the implicit insult can be found here: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showth...t=91435&page=4.
    Ah yes. Fred definitely made my first day on the board memorable.

Default Re: The case against Finishempty Fred

yet, according to him, I am just an “analysis” who doesn’t “truly understand this team.”

Really lol.

I’m not trying to pick on you Armo, but why even give a troll poster like Fred this much of your time, energy or thought? There are plenty of very good posters on this board who come here to have legitimate discussion. More than enough to overcome one bad poster. The Fred’s of the world are few and far between on here.

The bottom line is that you’re just giving him what he wants when you start a thread like this: attention. I would say either mute him, ban him or learn to deal with him, because launching counter attacks is just going to pour fuel on the troll fire, which is going to make life worse for you and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    I’m not trying to pick on you Armo, but why even give a troll poster like Fred this much of your time, energy or thought? There are plenty of very good posters on this board who come here to have legitimate discussion. More than enough to overcome one bad poster. The Fred’s of the world are few and far between on here.

The bottom line is that you’re just giving him what he wants when you start a thread like this: attention. I would say either mute him, ban him or learn to deal with him, because launching counter attacks is just going to pour fuel on the troll fire, which is going to make life worse for you and everyone else.
    He's not waisting his time. Gives us a little drama before the season kicks off!!!! Man you are a party pooper!!!

Reddiemade
    make life worse for you and everyone else.[/QUOTE]

On a serious note.....
    I don't believe anything I say on here will make anyone's life better or worse. If you let what you see on here determine how happy your life is, then that might be a *YOU* problem.
    Last edited by Finishempty Fred; 08-23-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Dang Armo,

You had a lot of time to write that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Dang Armo,

You had a lot of time to write that.
    Man it feels good to have Armo and Brandon both come at me in one week. It's safe to say that I'm a D2 message board legend!!!!

Blog Entries

Man it feels good to have Armo and Brandon both come at me in one week. It's safe to say that I'm a D2 message board legend!!!!

Well you aren't quite JuicedMule or BCON level yet. More of a WTAMYOU.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post

Well you aren't quite JuicedMule or BCON level yet. More of a WTAMYOU.
    I miss JuicedMule. He was fun those first couple weeks each year. LOL

Bro I wasn't even coming at you or Armo! Man why can't we all just be friends! There are only so many of us that enjoy D2 football

Did I just read a 9 page ad hominem attack that spent the bulk of its passages decrying ad hominem attacks?

No judgement. Just asking for a friend.

Reddiemade
    make life worse for you and everyone else.

On a serious note.....
    I don't believe anything I say on here will make anyone's life better or worse. If you let what you see on here determine how happy your life is, then that might be a *YOU* problem.[/QUOTE]

“Life” in that context just means message board interaction, but you knowingly taking that out of context is a perfect example of the trollisms you display every day.

I honestly don’t have a problem with anything you do on here though. Like I’ve said, I think you’re a troll who likes to stir people up just for the sake of stirring the pot, and you’re actually much smarter than you let on, but every message board has those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Bro I wasn't even coming at you or Armo! Man why can't we all just be friends! There are only so many of us that enjoy D2 football
    I know mulerider. Wasn't trying to imply that you were.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddieMade View Post
    On a serious note.....
    I don't believe anything I say on here will make anyone's life better or worse. If you let what you see on here determine how happy your life is, then that might be a *YOU* problem.
    “Life” in that context just means message board interaction, but you knowingly taking that out of context is a perfect example of the trollisms you display every day.

I honestly don’t have a problem with anything you do on here though. Like I’ve said, I think you’re a troll who likes to stir people up just for the sake of stirring the pot, and you’re actually much smarter than you let on, but every message board has those.[/QUOTE]

Was that compliment?

I honestly don’t have a problem with anything you do on here though. Like I’ve said, I think you’re a troll who likes to stir people up just for the sake of stirring the pot, and you’re actually much smarter than you let on, but every message board has those.

Was that compliment?
    I guess it depends on which part and how you look at it:

Being a troll might be a compliment.
    Being much smarter than you let on may be a compliment.
    Stirring up people just for the sake of it may be a compliment as well.

This is actually kind of hilarious. Everyone knows Fred is a troll and can be slightly annoying, but it's message boards. There is always someone who does that. He is doing exactly what he set out to do! He basically is on here for the hot takes and to get under Armo's skin. Seems like it works...

Armo, some advice...let it go man. It ain't that big of a deal. Guarantee you that Fred knows 70% the stuff he says on here is wrong and crazy. You spent WAY to much time writing that. We appreciate your contributions to the board, but find a Netflix show or something man. Don't let Fred get to you.

Honestly without a little scrap every now and then the board can get kinda boring.

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    This is actually kind of hilarious. Everyone knows Fred is a troll and can be slightly annoying, but it's message boards. There is always someone who does that. He is doing exactly what he set out to do! He basically is on here for the hot takes and to get under Armo's skin. Seems like it works...

Armo, some advice...let it go man. It ain't that big of a deal. Guarantee you that Fred knows 70% the stuff he says on here is wrong and crazy. You spent WAY to much time writing that. We appreciate your contributions to the board, but find a Netflix show or something man. Don't let Fred get to you.

Honestly without a little scrap every now and then the board can get kinda boring.
    Look's like either a family member of Fred got on here and is now defending him OR This is Fred defending himself.

Nah. I’ve actually got onto Fred before and told him to hush when he goes to far. Right now he’s just trying to stir up stuff before the beginning of the season. Easy to see that. It worked.

Just telling Armo don’t let him offend you. Cause that post makes it seem like you really let him get to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast