Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

Contribute to D2

Default NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

Might as well get the chat thread going too...

Given past history, I think most of the games are close to a slam-dunk as far as picks go.

The two that made me scratch my head the most was Northern at Bemidji, and Augie at Upper Iowa. In both cases I went with the road team, but I could see those going either way.

2. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

Interesting to see Minot State getting a little love on the pic thread. I think they are/have improved, but to that extent?

Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

Quote Originally Posted by USF Cougar Fan View Post
    Interesting to see Minot State getting a little love on the pic thread. I think they are/have improved, but to that extent?
    I thought their record didn't reflect their true ability last year. Six of their losses were within one score, so they were pretty close to having a much better season than they did.

However they did lose to Duluth 37-0. I know every year is a new year, but it seems like picking them to beat Duluth this year is a long shot. I would think for that to happen Minot would have had to improve dramatically during the off-season and Duluth would have to have a big fall off.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

OK- what is the game of the week? IMO- In the North- Northern @ Bemidji. In the South- Augie at Upper Iowa.

Thursday - August 30
    Concordia-St. Paul at Sioux Falls
    Southwest Minnesota State at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Minnesota-Duluth at Minot State
    Northern State at Bemidji State
    Mary at St. Cloud State
    Winona State at Wayne State
    Minnesota-Crookston at Minnesota State-Moorhead

Saturday - September 1
    Augustana at Upper Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    OK- what is the game of the week? IMO- In the North- Northern @ Bemidji. In the South- Augie at Upper Iowa.

Thursday - August 30
    Concordia-St. Paul at Sioux Falls
    Southwest Minnesota State at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Minnesota-Duluth at Minot State
    Northern State at Bemidji State
    Mary at St. Cloud State
    Winona State at Wayne State
    Minnesota-Crookston at Minnesota State-Moorhead

Saturday - September 1
    Augustana at Upper Iowa
    Two games in the South that have the potential to be much closer and more entertaining games than most would expect:
    CSP vs. USF / Winona vs. WSC

Of course, those could also be extreme blowouts too!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Just saw this on Twitter. Does this mean that the Marauder is now gone, or will they use both.

Maybe I'll have to get an orange cap with the new design on it. The one that I have now was just blue with an orange M that I got through LIDS.

New one:

Just saw this on Twitter. Does this mean that the Marauder is now gone, or will they use both.

Maybe I'll have to get an orange cap with the new design on it. The one that I have now was just blue with an orange M that I got through LIDS.
    I like it.

From their press release, sounds like a complete rebrand. Meaning they won't use the old anymore.

https://goumary.com/news/2018/8/23/g...athletics.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    From their press release, sounds like a complete rebrand. Meaning they won't use the old anymore.

The old logo got the same fate as the triple option.

Just a reminder that the pick 'em threads should only be used for stating your picks. Any comments or banter should be directed to the respective chat thread: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=91893

Trying to make this easier for WCSSuperFan as he spends a lot of time putting the pick 'em contest together for us every year. :)

Give the newfer a break. BFD. He used two lines. Heard nothin' from WCSSF. I'm guessin' you're still p***ed off Senior Weiner closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Just a reminder that the pick 'em threads should only be used for stating your picks. Any comments or banter should be directed to the respective chat thread: http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=91893

Trying to make this easier for WCSSuperFan as he spends a lot of time putting the pick 'em contest together for us every year. :)

Give the newfer a break. BFD. He used two lines. Heard nothin' from WCSSF. I'm guessin' you're still p***ed off Senior Weiner closed.
    I thought I was rather nice about it. Even included a smiley face. Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    I thought I was rather nice about it. Even included a smiley face. Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning?
    D**n me. I always forget smiley faces make everythin' okay. And the cereal comment was equally childish.

13. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

Minot has about a 1% chance in this game. But in 2015 Minot had a halftime lead. haha
    Last edited by jaydin20; 08-24-2018 at 01:52 AM.

I think you uncovered the former Common Sense....sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I think you uncovered the former Common Sense....sheesh
    He didn't.

He didn't.
    I realize that is probably not the case, the venom being spewed just brought back memories of my long lost friend

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I realize that is probably not the case, the venom being spewed just brought back memories of my long lost friend
    Man that guy was annoying

18. Default Re: NSIC Pick'Em Week #1 - Chat

That was the most anticlimactic thing I've seen in a while. It's the EXACT same logo but mirrored. The pirate is simply looking the other direction with the patch on the opposite eye. haha Seriously? Rebranding? Come on, Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    D**n me. I always forget smiley faces make everythin' okay. And the cereal comment was equally childish.
    I responded to your urine reference with one of my own. I should have been bigger than that. I apologize.

In all honesty, I was trying to be helpful with my original post about keeping the pick 'em thread clear of chatter to make things easier for superfan. The written word doesn't always convey mood accurately, so again I apologize if that post appeared harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydin20 View Post
    Minot has about a 1% chance in this game. But in 2015 Minot had a halftime lead. haha
    I fully expect Minot to have a much closer game this year than they did last. In fact, I fully expect Minot to have a much better season this year than last.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast