Thread: Your in-person 2018 college football schedule

Contribute to D2

Default Your in-person 2018 college football schedule

I posted this on the "main" board, but I figured I could post this message here too.

I was just curious which games people planned to attend this upcoming season across all college football divisions, obviously including Division II.

Here's my personal, planned schedule (all times Eastern):

DEFINITE/LIKELY GAMES
    09/01 (Sat): Villanova at Temple, 12:00 PM
    09/08 (Sat): Lafayette at Delaware, 3:30 PM
    09/15 (Sat): Temple at Maryland, 12:00 PM
    09/15 (Sat): Lehigh at Navy, 3:30 PM (definitely want to attend, but may pass if Temple/Maryland is close late and/or goes long)
    09/22 (Sat): Lehigh at Penn, 3:00 PM
    09/22 (Sat): Bucknell at Villanova, 6:00 PM (may pass on attending depending on how Lehigh/Penn goes; I'll almost definitely miss the end of Lehigh/Penn and/or the beginning of Bucknell/Villanova if I attend both games)
    10/13 (Sat): Temple at Navy, 3:30 PM
    11/10 (Sat): Mississippi State at Alabama, time TBA (depends on whether I can convince my brother who is attending Mississippi State to go to this game rather than the 76ers/Grizzlies NBA game in Memphis)

OTHER POSSIBLE GAMES
    10/06 (Sat): Lehigh at Princeton, 1:00 PM (slim chance)
    10/06 (Sat): East Carolina at Temple, time TBA (slim chance)
    10/20 (Sat): Cincinnati at Temple, time TBA (will probably attend if game starts at 3:30 PM or 4 PM; currently plan to attend Devils/Flyers NHL game at 1 PM and Magic/76ers NBA game at 7:30 PM that day)
    10/20 (Sat): Lehigh at Georgetown, 2:00 PM (this is my alternate option if I don't go to Philadelphia for the aforementioned games on 10/20)
    10/27 (Sat): North Carolina at Virginia, time TBA (slim chance; a friend originally wanted to go to this game but has pulled out, but I'd still like to get to a game at Virginia at some point)
    11/10 (Sat): Tulsa at Memphis, time TBA (could possibly attend if my brother and I attend the 76ers/Grizzlies NBA game that night and this football game is in the early afternoon)
    11/17 (Sat): Lehigh at Lafayette, 12:30 PM (it's looking like I'll be visiting the family that weekend, so if a Lafayette or Lehigh fan on here can hook me up with a ticket for L-L 154, let me know)

In addition to games listed above, any Division I-AA/FCS or Division II playoff games involving Lehigh, Lafayette, Villanova, Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, and/or Indiana (PA) taking place relatively close to DC on Saturday 11/24 or Saturday 12/1 are also possibilities.

Finally, I plan to attend most likely three Philadelphia Eagles games NFL games this fall (9/23 vs Indianapolis, 10/21 vs Carolina, and 12/30 at Washington).

So which college football games do you plan to attend during the 2018 season?

Default Re: Your in-person 2018 college football schedule

I should note that besides a possible D2 playoff game at Shepherd or (less likely) Bowie State, there is a very slim chance on Saturday 10/6 I may attend the West Chester/Bloomsburg game (2 PM start) and/or Kutztown/East Stroudsburg game (6 PM start). However, I would only attend either or both games if I cannot attend the Bridgeport/Lehigh Valley AHL game in Allentown (7 PM start) that night.

I’m going to the IUP home opener against Millersville unless the weather is bad. I’m all booked at the Hilton Garden.

I doubt I’ll get to any other game since they aren’t playing anyone else in the east that is close to me.

All Ship all the time. I'll generally make the 40-mile trip on Friday night to see the high school, home or away. Or I'll go down the next day for a Raiders' home game.

One way or the other, whichever one I don't attend, I'm watching on live streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    I should note that besides a possible D2 playoff game at Shepherd or (less likely) Bowie State, there is a very slim chance on Saturday 10/6 I may attend the West Chester/Bloomsburg game (2 PM start) and/or Kutztown/East Stroudsburg game (6 PM start). However, I would only attend either or both games if I cannot attend the Bridgeport/Lehigh Valley AHL game in Allentown (7 PM start) that night.
    Just to give you a heads up in case you weren't aware, but the 10/6 BU-WCU game is Bloomsburg's homecoming game. Which always makes for an interesting matchup with a big crowd.

I plan on attending EVERY Mercyhurst Football game this year. Then the playoffs when Hurst get in.

Quote Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
    Just to give you a heads up in case you weren't aware, but the 10/6 BU-WCU game is Bloomsburg's homecoming game. Which always makes for an interesting matchup with a big crowd.
    FWIW, I think East Stroudsburg’s game with Kutztown is also the Warriors’ homecoming game.

I will get to a Bloomsburg game at some point; I was all set to attend the IUP/Bloomsburg game scheduled for 11/11 last year, but the schedule changed when IUP won the PSAC West and Bloom didn’t win the PSAC East. I had no interest in seeing Bloom play whoever they played that day - think it was Clarion. (I ended up attending the Cal PA/ESU game that day.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    10/27 (Sat): North Carolina at Virginia, time TBA (slim chance; a friend originally wanted to go to this game but has pulled out, but I'd still like to get to a game at Virginia at some point)

-----

11/17 (Sat): Lehigh at Lafayette, 12:30 PM (it's looking like I'll be visiting the family that weekend, so if a Lafayette or Lehigh fan on here can hook me up with a ticket for L-L 154, let me know)
    I'm absolutely lovin' these two.

Last time I was at UVa, I was 15 rows above the goal line where Warrick Dunn was stopped on the final play as UVa stunned Florida State. About 30 people went straight over my back en route to the field.

And I still think that the two times I covered Lafayette-Lehigh, I encountered the angriest hitting I've ever seen on a college football field. I swear they speak in tongues that day each year.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I'm absolutely lovin' these two.

Last time I was at UVa, I was 15 rows above the goal line where Warrick Dunn was stopped on the final play as UVa stunned Florida State. About 30 people went straight over my back en route to the field.

And I still think that the two times I covered Lafayette-Lehigh, I encountered the angriest hitting I've ever seen on a college football field. I swear they speak in tongues that day each year.

Wow, I remember that FSU loss at UVA. It was a Thursday night. That was a long time ago. Strange stuff happens on Thursday night.

There was a 5-6 year period when a bunch of us would pile into a van on Wednesday night and go to a venue with a Thursday night game. Much beer en route (except for driver), then collapse at the hotel. Next morning, get up early and play the college's golf course. Then hit a college bar for food and drink before going to the tailgate in late afternoon.

Saw games like that at UVa, VaTech, Pitt, Maryland, to name a few.

Man, I'm jealous of that list! The combination of having a toddler in the house and the likely closing on a new house in early October is really putting the screws to any plans I have. Right now I'm hopeful to see 2-3 IUP games, likely at Ashland, Cal, and homecoming.