T6. (T3N) NSU (7-4) loss to UMD, WSU, BSU, SCSU
    8. (4S) UIU (6-5) loss to USF, MSU, BSU, SCSU
    9.(5S) WSC (5-6) loss to USF, MSU, WSU, BSU, SCSU, UIU
    10. (6S) Augie (4-7) loss to USF, UMD, MSU, WSU, NSU, UIU, WSC
    T11. (7S) SMSU (3-8) loss to USF, UMD, MSU, WSU, NSU, UIU, WSC, Augie
    T11. (5N) MSUM (3-8) loss to USF, UMD, MSU, BSU, SCSU, NSU, UIU, WSC
    T13. (8S) CSP (2-9) loss to USF, UMD, MSU, WSU, NSU, UIU, WSC, Augie, SMSU
    T13. (6N) Minot (2-9) loss to USF, UMD, MSU, BSU, SCSU, NSU, UIU, WSC, MSUM
    15. (7N) Mary (1-10) loss to UMD, WSU, BSU, SCSU, NSU, Augie, SMSU, MSUM, CSP, Minot
    16. (8N) UMC (0-11) better luck next year award.....again

All in good fun. Let's see some predictions on the line two weeks before the season starts

Default Re: Fan Standings Predictions for 2018 Season

T1. Minnesota state
    t1. Umd
    16. Umc

Quote Originally Posted by Fan1 View Post
    T1. Minnesota state
    t1. Umd
    16. Umc
    Yeah, I'm not personally ready to go much farther than that. I'm hopeful SMSU winds up at least around the middle of the pack. I know that's not saying much, but that's just where I'm at right now. I think I'd be pretty happy with 6 wins, though I'd probably predict a 5-6 season if I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not personally ready to go much farther than that. I'm hopeful SMSU winds up at least around the middle of the pack. I know that's not saying much, but that's just where I'm at right now. I think I'd be pretty happy with 6 wins, though I'd probably predict a 5-6 season if I had to.
    I always want Coach Cory to do good!!

Mankato
    Duluth
    Winona
    Northern
    Sioux Falls
    Bemidji
    St. Cloud
    Upper Iowa
    Augustana
    Wayne
    Southwest
    Moorhead
    Minot
    Concordia
    Mary
    Crookston

Its lofty, best case fandom, and not what anyone should be placing wagers on. Just throwing it out there quickly. I'd have to go through week by week and make picks when I have more time.

As I said in my original post, I’ll say it again!

Minnesota St. (11-0) - The Mavs return a lot on offense and should put up a lot of points. The defense did lose some pieces that held the glue but should still be solid (but unproven) on defense. The mavs are built to win this year and are a top 5 team entering the season. This is the best team on paper since the 2014 National Championship Season. Should expect a deep playoff run barring injuries.

Minnesota Duluth (10-1) - After a down year and injuries to key players, I expect UMD to regroup and return to the playoffs with a solid group of players. Not playing MSU and USF should help.

Sioux Falls (9-2) - New coach, no problem. In some ways USF was the surprise team last year and made the playoffs. Losing Max Mickey and uncertainty at the QB position will raise questions but the Coo seem to reload year after year and should still have a solid season.

Winona State (7-4) - graduated a lot of seniors especially on the defensive side. They do have one the best coaches in the NSIC so I expect them to remain competitive but will take a step back this year.

Southwest Minnesota State (7-4) - a horrid Defense and injury to Blake Gimbel ultimately led SMSU to a uncharacteristic 2-9 season last year. New defensive coordinator will hopefully tighten things up. But this team is a lot different with a healthy Blake Gimbel so I expect a better season.

Augustana (6-5) - Last year was a down year after inconsistent QB play but got a really promising QB recruit who opted to not pursue baseball after getting drafted by the Brewers. This team is still fairly young and will go through growing pains against some of the better teams so I expect a middle of the road season but better then last season.

St. Cloud St. (6-5) - I would say this was the surprise team last year. They have a solid foundation of younger players and the defense should be a strength. However, I think they're one more year away from making some noise in the NSIC. This is a team I would watch for in the coming years.

Upper Iowa (6-5) - Another middle of the road season is likely for Upper Iowa. They have the facilities and personal to compete but lack of satiability of coaches and players quitting/transferring hasn't allowed them to take the next step. I'm expecting no different here this year.

Northern St. (6-5) - The wolves were really young last year and have potential to be very competitive in a couple of years. The record may not be there but I think this team makes progress this year.

Bemidji St. (5-6) - Bemidji graduated a large senior class and perhaps the best class ever for the Beavers so they will be young this year. Should be fairly solid on offense but the defense is a question mark. The talent alone will make them competitive but this year will be a retooling year.

Wayne St. (4-7) - This team has solid players but have been inconsistent to live up to the potential. I'll be honest I don't know much about this team but recent history suggests that the record will be something along these lines again.

Minot St. (4-7) - The other Beavers will be interesting to watch this year. They appear now to have some coaching stability which will help with recruiting and attracting home state players. Defense will be ok and offense has potential. They're on the up track but will mainly beat up the teams worse than them.

Minnesota St. Moorhead (3-8) - The Dragons (IMO) were the biggest disappointment last year. They had a solid returning QB and a All-American receiver but couldn't muster much. They lose a lot and have a HUGE recruiting class coming in. I'm expecting a rebuilding year and look to build for the future.

Mary (2-9) - The Marauders hit a home run with the hire Craig Bagnell as he'll be running a modern spread offense in contrast with the Triple-Option Offense they were running for a few years. The Marauders have a bright future but do not have the personal to compete this year so this will be another rebuilding year.

Concordia St. Paul (2-9) - I feel as if the Golden Bears don't have a identity and have been going in circles for the last couple of years (but somehow get great kickers) and I don't expect this year being any different.

U of M -Crookston (0-11) - Uhh, not much can be said here.

7. Default Re: Fan Standings Predictions for 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    As I said in my original post, I’ll say it again!

Minnesota St. (11-0) - The Mavs return a lot on offense and should put up a lot of points. The defense did lose some pieces that held the glue but should still be solid (but unproven) on defense. The mavs are built to win this year and are a top 5 team entering the season. This is the best team on paper since the 2014 National Championship Season. Should expect a deep playoff run barring injuries.

Minnesota Duluth (10-1) - After a down year and injuries to key players, I expect UMD to regroup and return to the playoffs with a solid group of players. Not playing MSU and USF should help.

Sioux Falls (9-2) - New coach, no problem. In some ways USF was the surprise team last year and made the playoffs. Losing Max Mickey and uncertainty at the QB position will raise questions but the Coo seem to reload year after year and should still have a solid season.

Winona State (7-4) - graduated a lot of seniors especially on the defensive side. They do have one the best coaches in the NSIC so I expect them to remain competitive but will take a step back this year.

Southwest Minnesota State (7-4) - a horrid Defense and injury to Blake Gimbel ultimately led SMSU to a uncharacteristic 2-9 season last year. New defensive coordinator will hopefully tighten things up. But this team is a lot different with a healthy Blake Gimbel so I expect a better season.

Augustana (6-5) - Last year was a down year after inconsistent QB play but got a really promising QB recruit who opted to not pursue baseball after getting drafted by the Brewers. This team is still fairly young and will go through growing pains against some of the better teams so I expect a middle of the road season but better then last season.

St. Cloud St. (6-5) - I would say this was the surprise team last year. They have a solid foundation of younger players and the defense should be a strength. However, I think they're one more year away from making some noise in the NSIC. This is a team I would watch for in the coming years.

Upper Iowa (6-5) - Another middle of the road season is likely for Upper Iowa. They have the facilities and personal to compete but lack of satiability of coaches and players quitting/transferring hasn't allowed them to take the next step. I'm expecting no different here this year.

Northern St. (6-5) - The wolves were really young last year and have potential to be very competitive in a couple of years. The record may not be there but I think this team makes progress this year.

Bemidji St. (5-6) - Bemidji graduated a large senior class and perhaps the best class ever for the Beavers so they will be young this year. Should be fairly solid on offense but the defense is a question mark. The talent alone will make them competitive but this year will be a retooling year.

Wayne St. (4-7) - This team has solid players but have been inconsistent to live up to the potential. I'll be honest I don't know much about this team but recent history suggests that the record will be something along these lines again.

Minot St. (4-7) - The other Beavers will be interesting to watch this year. They appear now to have some coaching stability which will help with recruiting and attracting home state players. Defense will be ok and offense has potential. They're on the up track but will mainly beat up the teams worse than them.

Minnesota St. Moorhead (3-8) - The Dragons (IMO) were the biggest disappointment last year. They had a solid returning QB and a All-American receiver but couldn't muster much. They lose a lot and have a HUGE recruiting class coming in. I'm expecting a rebuilding year and look to build for the future.

Mary (2-9) - The Marauders hit a home run with the hire Craig Bagnell as he'll be running a modern spread offense in contrast with the Triple-Option Offense they were running for a few years. The Marauders have a bright future but do not have the personal to compete this year so this will be another rebuilding year.

Concordia St. Paul (2-9) - I feel as if the Golden Bears don't have a identity and have been going in circles for the last couple of years (but somehow get great kickers) and I don't expect this year being any different.

U of M -Crookston (0-11) - Uhh, not much can be said here.

Bemidji only 5-6? That's a pretty weak prediction, I think they'll do better than that, 7-4 or 8-3 or maybe perhaps 9-2 ( I predict they will beat Sioux Falls at home). Bemidji's offense would be more questionable than their defense with a whole new qb, they have 3 senior DB's that are very good, linebackers and d line will be fine also.

Havent listened yet, but I believe Witt along with Midco have a podcast out covering the North and South separately.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Havent listened yet, but I believe Witt along with Midco have a podcast out covering the North and South separately.
    Looks like I have something to listen to this weekend...

North: https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/08...tball-preview/

South: https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/08...tball-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Day View Post

Pretty quick work there, Trigger

Pretty quick work there, Trigger
    NSIC football is much more appealing at the moment than grant writing

Overall
    MSU
    UMD
    WSU
    USF
    SCSU/BSU/NSU
    UIU/Augie
    SMSU/WSC
    MSUM
    Minot
    CSP
    Mary
    UMC

South
    MSU
    WSU
    USF
    UIU
    Augie
    SMSU
    WSC
    CSP

North
    UMD
    SCSU
    BSU
    NSU
    MSUM
    Minot
    Mary
    UMC

I started going game by game and picking losses but that got to be too tedious. Time for weekly pick'em instead. Plus as you can see with my overall picks, to me there seems to be a lot of uncertainty. I like the tiers idea. You have the top 4 (MSU, WSU, UMD, and USF) and the bottom 5 (UMC, Mary, Minot, CSP, and MSUM) which I think will likely end up that way. The middle (UIU, AU, SMSU, WSC, SCSU, BSU, and NSU) I have no idea what's gonna happen. Those 7 I think could be shuffled all around in the standings based on matchups and who weathers injuries and such best as the season wears on. My best guess is above, I think the North Middle 3 finish ahead of the South Middle 4 based on who they get to play.

10 days. Thank goodness.

13. Default Re: Fan Standings Predictions for 2018 Season

In my opinion (and I know I'm probably wrong) here's how it will play out:

NORTH
    1. Duluth
    2. St. Cloud
    3. Bemidji State
    4. MSU Moorhead
    5. Northern State
    6. Minot State
    7. UMary
    8. UM Crookston

SOUTH

1. Mankato
    2. Winona State
    3. SMSU
    4. Sioux Falls
    5. Augustana
    6. Concordia SP
    7. Upper Iowa
    8. Wayne State.

-The South is obviously stronger than the North, in my opinion.
    -Spots 3-8 in the South, can flip-flop based on many factors.
    -The top 3 teams in the North can win the division.
    -SMSU's 3rd place finished is clearly a homer prediction and best case scenario. The month of September is going to say a lot about this team, short and long-term.

I predict each team will play at least eleven games. Beyond that ... no guarantees. :)

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quite interesting. I just got done listening to the South review. I'll have to do the North review later.

thank you!

I have SMSU at 7-4. I will think about that before I guarantee it. Have to educate myself on the rest of the league after a busy summer, but Mankato is the class of the league. UMD will easily win the North, and UMC will finish last. Will get into more detail later!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Just listened to the North podcast. It really is hard to keep up with all 16 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver Hut View Post
    Bemidji only 5-6? That's a pretty weak prediction, I think they'll do better than that, 7-4 or 8-3 or maybe perhaps 9-2 ( I predict they will beat Sioux Falls at home). Bemidji's offense would be more questionable than their defense with a whole new qb, they have 3 senior DB's that are very good, linebackers and d line will be fine also.
    Dont they have two new coordinators and graduated a large chuck of their squad?

20. Default Re: Fan Standings Predictions for 2018 Season

Dont they have two new coordinators and graduated a large chuck of their squad?
    Yes and so? I just think a 5-6 prediction is a bit lame, first order of business is to send the Wolves whimpering back to Aberdeen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast