Thread: Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Default Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Just announced! Let the speculation begin!

https://www.madonna.edu/news/madonna...-adds-football

Default Re: Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Honestly, I don't see this being too much of a stretch. Their program profile matches the GLIAC decently well. They have a lot of the sponsored sports. The question is how are their facilities? I mean, for a private school, they typically have pretty good facilities, but it's not always the case.

Would be interesting to see how this works out 3-4 years down the line. Adding another football member would be pretty good.

(Playing devil's advocate, would the GMAC be interested in maybe pulling them there? Since they are in Livonia?)

Quote Originally Posted by bankslaker View Post
    Honestly, I don't see this being too much of a stretch. Their program profile matches the GLIAC decently well. They have a lot of the sponsored sports. The question is how are their facilities? I mean, for a private school, they typically have pretty good facilities, but it's not always the case.

Would be interesting to see how this works out 3-4 years down the line. Adding another football member would be pretty good.

(Playing devil's advocate, would the GMAC be interested in maybe pulling them there? Since they are in Livonia?)
    I've been in Madonna's gym. It's high school size and quality.
    Saginaw Valley State University - Something More, Something Better

It's early days but I have hopes that Lawrence Tech might move up. I know it's their first year playing a football schedule but they seem to have money, a decent stadium (at least as it appears on TV) and they scheduled NMU on the road this year. That game might have happened because they both had an open date but it may also indicate some ambition on LTU's part.

5. Default Re: Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

Looks like they are right in the middle of the GLIAC footprint. Would be nice for them, and Lawerence to make the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by ESU Warrior View Post
    Looks like they are right in the middle of the GLIAC footprint. Would be nice for them, and Lawerence to make the jump.
    It would help a lot to have them on the schedule.

One might consider them a Borderline school.

Who knows though, they could be the future Lucky Star of the conference.

Whatever the conference decides, they need to stay True Blue with their standards.

One would think that the school would certainly Cherish an opportunity like this.

Thankfully you fans have a forum like this to Express Yourself about this topic.

Seeing such passionate fans helps me Justify my Love for my own Alma matter and team.

I'm sure you all are Burning up to know if this is happening or not.

Really though, just enjoy the off season... fall will be here soon. Don't forget to take a Holiday.

It is Human Nature though to get anxious about these things.

Soon enough though, you'll be back Into the Groove of things and all will be right though.
    Cool Story Bro

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    This post had a great affect on me- like I was touched for the very first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post

Who knows though, they could be the future Lucky Star of the conference.

Whatever the conference decides, they need to stay True Blue with their standards.

One would think that the school would certainly Cherish an opportunity like this.

Thankfully you fans have a forum like this to Express Yourself about this topic.

Seeing such passionate fans helps me Justify my Love for my own Alma matter and team.

I'm sure you all are Burning up to know if this is happening or not.

Really though, just enjoy the off season... fall will be here soon. Don't forget to take a Holiday.

It is Human Nature though to get anxious about these things.

Soon enough though, you'll be back Into the Groove of things and all will be right though.
    This post is so Vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    This post is so Vogue.
    Papa don't preach.

11. Default Re: Future GLIAC member? - Madonna University Football

I read somewhere that Lady Gaga College and Taylor Swift University are also seriously considering starting football teams. Janet Jackson Institute of Technology and Cher State may also get into the act.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterCardinal View Post
    It's early days but I have hopes that Lawrence Tech might move up. I know it's their first year playing a football schedule but they seem to have money, a decent stadium (at least as it appears on TV) and they scheduled NMU on the road this year. That game might have happened because they both had an open date but it may also indicate some ambition on LTU's part.
    I note that LTU has scheduled tennis matches with GV and LSSU. More proof of an eventual move to D2?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterCardinal View Post
    I note that LTU has scheduled tennis matches with GV and LSSU. More proof of an eventual move to D2?
    Tennis isn't a good sign to go by. Most of the tennis-playing schools in the state play each other, regardless of division, outside of D-I. Almost all the D-II and NAIA schools play each other most years. Just not that many opponents around.