Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,473
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    182851

    Default AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/13)
    1. Texas A&M-Commerce (13) (14-1)
    2. West Florida (14) (11-4)
    3. Minnesota State-Mankato (2) (13-1)
    4. Indiana (PA) (2) (13-1)
    5t. Fort Hays State (11-1)
    5t. Northwest Missouri State (2) (9-3)
    7. Harding (11-4)
    8. Ferris State (11-2)
    9. Central Washington (11-1)
    10. Grand Valley State (8-3)
    11. Midwestern State (10-1)
    12. West Alabama (10-3)
    13. Indianapolis (11-1)
    14. Colorado State-Pueblo (9-3)
    15. Ashland (11-2)
    16. Shepherd (10-1)
    17. Assumption (11-2)
    18. Central Missouri (9-3)
    19. West Georgia (9-4)
    20. Sioux Falls (9-3)
    21. Winona State (10-2)
    22. Carson-Newman (8-3)
    23. Ohio Dominican (7-3)
    24. Ouachita Baptist (9-3)
    25. Findlay (10-3)

    Others Receiving Votes
    California (PA), Delta State, West Chester, Colorado Mesa, Bowie State, Virginia State, Minnesota-Duluth, Albany State, Florida Tech, Colorado School of Mines, Shippensburg, Tuskegee, Wingate, Azusa Pacific, Valdosta State, Pittsburg State, Notre Dame College, Eastern New Mexico, Edinboro, Missouri Western State, Bloomsburg, Emporia State, Central Oklahoma, LIU-C.W. Post, Slippery Rock, Augustana, Fairmont State, Humboldt State, Catawba, Fayetteville State, Hillsdale, Southern Arkansas, Washburn



    Interesting to note that only 4 schools, NSU, UNK, MSSU, and Lindenwood did not at least "recieve votes". (I'm feeling like LU will stop being grouped with those other guys after this year).

    Even MoWest, picked to finish 9th by the coaches in the MIAA received votes.

    If the MIAA is "down", the rest of the country isn't buying into that narrative yet.
    Cool Story Bro

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    9 teams from SR3 in the top 25 - of which 5 in the top 10

    week 1 as we know we'll see #5 FHSU vs #18 Central Mo.
    as well in the region #10 Grand Valley vs. #13 Indianapolis

    elsewhere in week 1
    #2 West Florida vs. #22 Carson-Newman
    #4 Indiana (PA) @ #15 Ashland
    #23 OH Dominican vs #26 California (PA)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    35416

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    We should see movement early on as I expect Ashland to win vs IUP

  4. #4

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    We should see movement early on as I expect Ashland to win vs IUP
    Don't let IUPNation know that. He will bore you with the fact that in the last 48 years IUP has only lost 4 quarters of football and it's all bad luck they can't get out of their region. In all seriousness that should be a great game. IUP brings back a lot more but Ashland learned to win last year and plays in a tougher conference. Plus a small revenge factor too.

    GV kills Indy
    West Florida mercy rules Carson Newman. The one thing that could keep this close is if Carson Newman still runs option which I assume they will. They will miss their stud Winbush though.
    Cal beats ODU.

  5. #5

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/13)
    1. Texas A&M-Commerce (13) (14-1)
    2. West Florida (14) (11-4)
    3. Minnesota State-Mankato (2) (13-1)
    4. Indiana (PA) (2) (13-1)
    5t. Fort Hays State (11-1)
    5t. Northwest Missouri State (2) (9-3)
    7. Harding (11-4)
    8. Ferris State (11-2)
    9. Central Washington (11-1)
    10. Grand Valley State (8-3)
    11. Midwestern State (10-1)
    12. West Alabama (10-3)
    13. Indianapolis (11-1)
    14. Colorado State-Pueblo (9-3)
    15. Ashland (11-2)
    16. Shepherd (10-1)
    17. Assumption (11-2)
    18. Central Missouri (9-3)
    19. West Georgia (9-4)
    20. Sioux Falls (9-3)
    21. Winona State (10-2)
    22. Carson-Newman (8-3)
    23. Ohio Dominican (7-3)
    24. Ouachita Baptist (9-3)
    25. Findlay (10-3)

    Others Receiving Votes
    California (PA), Delta State, West Chester, Colorado Mesa, Bowie State, Virginia State, Minnesota-Duluth, Albany State, Florida Tech, Colorado School of Mines, Shippensburg, Tuskegee, Wingate, Azusa Pacific, Valdosta State, Pittsburg State, Notre Dame College, Eastern New Mexico, Edinboro, Missouri Western State, Bloomsburg, Emporia State, Central Oklahoma, LIU-C.W. Post, Slippery Rock, Augustana, Fairmont State, Humboldt State, Catawba, Fayetteville State, Hillsdale, Southern Arkansas, Washburn



    Interesting to note that only 4 schools, NSU, UNK, MSSU, and Lindenwood did not at least "recieve votes". (I'm feeling like LU will stop being grouped with those other guys after this year).

    Even MoWest, picked to finish 9th by the coaches in the MIAA received votes.

    If the MIAA is "down", the rest of the country isn't buying into that narrative yet.
    Did I miss the LWood moves to GLVC thread?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,473
    Rep Power
    182851

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Did I miss the LWood moves to GLVC thread?
    You got jokes, touche. By the way, isnt Lindenwood the only other MIAA School besides pits state to have a winning record in Carney Smith Stadium?

  7. #7

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    You got jokes, touche. By the way, isnt Lindenwood the only other MIAA School besides pits state to have a winning record in Carney Smith Stadium?
    Is Pitt State the only team undefeated at whatever the stadium is named for LWood?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by PSR View Post
    Is Pitt State the only team undefeated at whatever the stadium is named for LWood?
    Most of the conference is undefeated there.

    Sorry bigsig. Just giving you some couch fuel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri
    Posts
    4,473
    Rep Power
    182851

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Most of the conference is undefeated there.

    Sorry bigsig. Just giving you some couch fuel.
    No worries... got to hang my hat when/where I can. Not much opportunity to this point.
    Cool Story Bro

  10. #10

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    9 teams from SR3 in the top 25 - of which 5 in the top 10

    week 1 as we know we'll see #5 FHSU vs #18 Central Mo.
    as well in the region #10 Grand Valley vs. #13 Indianapolis
    FYI - Last year the top four teams and eight of the top 25 in the preseason poll were from SR-3.
    2017 AFCA Preseason Poll
    1. Northwest Missouri St. (34) 15-0 850 1
    2. Grand Valley St. (Mich.) 12-1 765 4
    3. Ferris St. (Mich.) 12-3 716 5
    4. Emporia St. (Kan.) 11-2 652 10
    15. Harding (Ark.) 13-1 281 6
    18. Southwest Baptist (Mo.) 10-2 227 22
    21. Central Missouri 9-3 189 21
    22. Southern Arkansas 9-3 157 NR

    "Only" two of the top four and three of the eight made the playoffs.

  11. #11

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by PSR View Post
    Is Pitt State the only team undefeated at whatever the stadium is named for LWood?
    So when Lindenwood blew Pitt out, that was in the Jungle?

    The Jungle must have gone down hill. No one used to win there. This is less smack than question. I always thought Pitt destroyed marginal teams at home.

  12. #12

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by catz54 View Post
    So when Lindenwood blew Pitt out, that was in the Jungle?

    The Jungle must have gone down hill. No one used to win there. This is less smack than question. I always thought Pitt destroyed marginal teams at home.
    Not during the Tim Beck era.

    Under him the team doesn’t always play at a high level. The game last year against LU was an embarrassing display. They made us look pathetic and won easily.

    I don’t see the same fire in the team as there once was. Even in 14 the team just lacked the attitude that past teams had. There has been a few seasons under Beck where Pitt had a .500 or even a losing record at home.

    The “Jungle” hasn’t been one for quite some time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll

    Agree. The jungle has trended towards the bungle lately.

    Hoping it gets turned around.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •