Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best OOC game ??

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Best OOC game ??

Which out of league game is everyone looking forward to the most ?

IUP @ Ashland is the biggest national game.
    Kutztown @ Assumption holds major regional implications.
    WCU @ Bentley also huge come November...

Default Re: Best OOC game ??

Pace at Millersville

ODU and Cal - will tell what Cals got and how the peace and gmac compare

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    ODU and Cal - will tell what Cals got and how the peace and gmac compare

I agree with this. But still, this idea of Cal falling apart post-Arementi is overblown. That’s still a team capable of winning at least 8-9 games each year and being in the playoff conversation.

I’m not sure what everyone was expecting regarding Cal. But by the talk the last few offseasons, you would expect them to only win 4 games a year. That hasn’t happened. And won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pace at Millersville

We can all joke , but games like this carry weight come November, if a bottom PSAC can’t beat a bottom NE10 it is not a good look for our league.

@zsimpson_d2

That's of course assuming I am joking. This is a great game. Two scrubs. But, it's a battle of the bottom.

I'd much rather see this game as opposed to watching Slippery Rock hang 70 on East-West-North-South Kentucy State.

Pace vs Millersville, pound for painful pound, may be the best game of the weekend.

I'm going to try to look in on IUP-Ashland, because I think that's going to be an outstanding game.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    I agree with this. But still, this idea of Cal falling apart post-Arementi is overblown. That’s still a team capable of winning at least 8-9 games each year and being in the playoff conversation.

I’m not sure what everyone was expecting regarding Cal. But by the talk the last few offseasons, you would expect them to only win 4 games a year. That hasn’t happened. And won’t.

People don’t want to admit it but Cal has a brand and indentity with kids in western pa. To older folks Cal is a new money program punching above their weight for a decade now. To kids they’re a winning program and has never seen Cal be anything but that

I do think you are starting to see the effects a bit of the new President. As stated above you aren't seeing the flashy stars of yesterday.

That's a result of both drastically less money and no more second (or third or fourth) chance mercenaries.

Some of Angelo's slush money teams would beat these Cal teams by 35 points.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    People don’t want to admit it but Cal has a brand and indentity with kids in western pa. To older folks Cal is a new money program punching above their weight for a decade now. To kids they’re a winning program and has never seen Cal be anything but that

Win what?

Default Best OOC game ??

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I do think you are starting to see the effects a bit of the new President. As stated above you aren't seeing the flashy stars of yesterday.

That's a result of both drastically less money and no more second (or third or fourth) chance mercenaries.

Some of Angelo's slush money teams would beat these Cal teams by 35 points.

I don’t disagree with you, but I agree with Homer. In Western PA, he’s right. The high school kids getting recruited by D2 programs know about Cal. The name resonates enough that they’re willing to go there because they view it as a winning program that’s close to home.

They aren’t taking the mercenaries, sure. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be in the playoff conversation. If you think back, Cal’s best team was 2007. And that team wasn’t built on mercenaries.

The talk or belief that Cal is headed for dark times just has no merit. That program will continue to be highly competitive and finish in the Top 3 of the PSAC West each year.

Last edited by IUP24; 08-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Win what?

Cal has won the same amount as IUP. Can’t respond to a post with that response when your team doesn’t have the big trophy either.

I don’t disagree with you, but I agree with Homer. In Western PA, he’s right. The high school kids getting recruited by D2 programs know about Cal. The name resonates enough that they’re willing to go there because they view it as a winning program that’s close to home.

They aren’t taking the mercenaries, sure. But that doesn’t mean they can’t be in the playoff conversation. If you think back, Cal’s best team was 2009. And that team wasn’t built on mercenaries.

The talk or belief that Cal is headed for dark times just has no merit. That program will continue to be highly competitive and finish in the Top 3 of the PSAC West each year.

I thought their 2007 team was the best. It was a few minutes short of going to Florence.

Cal has won the same amount as IUP. Can’t respond to a post with that response when your team doesn’t have the big trophy either.

IUP is the defending regional champ. Not a big deal for any other region but for maligned Region 1 it’s still something.

We are also the defending PSAC champions.

I think kids in the Yinzerlands might think IUP is a good program too.

I thought their 2007 team was the best. It was a few minutes short of going to Florence.

That’s what I meant. I’m sorry. I meant the 2007 team. I messed my years up.

IUP is the defending regional champ. Not a big deal for any other region but for maligned Region 1 it’s still something.

We are also the defending PSAC champions.

I think kids in the Yinzerlands might think IUP is a good program too.

They do. But you’re missing my point. You said, “win what?”

Cal has won the PSAC before. They’ve won the region before too. Neither has won anything though.

Honestly, CAL, SR, or IUP...all respectable programs in Region 1. Any of them can upset the "favored" other any given year. They can keep up with anyone in Region 1 on any given Saturday.

But I think the argument is:
    If the best 50 kids from western PA get the exact same offer from all 3 schools, and academics/majors are the same, where do the majority of the kids go? Answer that question...

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    Honestly, CAL, SR, or IUP...all respectable programs in Region 1. Any of them can upset the "favored" other any given year. They can keep up with anyone in Region 1 on any given Saturday.

If the best 50 kids from western PA get the exact same offer from all 3 schools, and academics/majors are the same, where do the majority of the kids go? Answer that question...

Where they get the most money. But what you have to realize is that IUP and Slippery Rock likely aren’t going to be offering a ton of coin to all of the players in the area. Those programs are using larger sums of scholarship money to bring in transfers.

Cal has just as good of a shot to bring in the top local kids that IUP and SRU does.

3 years ago Cal cleaned house in Western Pa. Got most of the top guys not going D1.

I guess my point is that I don’t see the Cal program fading anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Simpson View Post
    We can all joke , but games like this carry weight come November, if a bottom PSAC can’t beat a bottom NE10 it is not a good look for our league.

How does Pace vs Millersville carry any weight? If our bottom team loses to their bottom team ... not sure anybody cares. A lot more concerned that our top team beats their top team in November, ...

Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post

The smart ones pick IUP!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast