Thread: SC Owls

Default SC Owls

Interesting read about the state of scholarships at SCSU and some info on other schools.

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...f-13144920.php

Default Re: SC Owls

Quote Originally Posted by Scowl View Post
    Interesting read about the state of scholarships at SCSU and some info on other schools.

https://www.nhregister.com/sports/ar...f-13144920.php
    Good catch-I saw that this morning too and I was going to post it. I’ve worked in the community college part of the CSU system for a while and state funding for anything is a huge mess right now. The PSAC board has discussed this quite a bit in the past-it seemed like more scholarships doesn’t necessarily mean more success, but it’s much harder if the funds aren’t there to begin with.

If you think about the great players they have had, and those that have played or coached in the NFL, it is pretty impressive. Tough being the only state school in the conference. I hope SC can get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scowl View Post
    If you think about the great players they have had, and those that have played or coached in the NFL, it is pretty impressive. Tough being the only state school in the conference. I hope SC can get it right.
    I’m surprised New Haven doesn’t have a full compliment of scholarships considering all the buildings they are buying and building. Don’t think they are struggling for money.

SCSU has done a ton with what they have, Chris Palmer and Kevin Gilbride both went there. They seem to be on the right track.