Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

I know Divisiontwo posted in another thread, but I figured it was easier for people to find if it had its own thread.

http://www.greatamericanconference.c...-favorite.aspx

Let the preseason debating begin.

Default Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    I know Divisiontwo posted in another thread, but I figured it was easier for people to find if it had its own thread.

Armo what school are you an alumni of?

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post

I agree with the poll and love the pressure of #1. Bring it on, we’ll run it all over the yard.

4. Default Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Given my obvious bias, I completely agree that Harding will be at the top of the conference come mid-November. That being said, I kinda like being ranked 2nd or 3rd in the poll as it gives the team an underdog mentality. I agree with the poll overall, though I do feel Ouachita is a little overrated and Tech a little underrated. Only time will tell.

Hey Weevil Watcher, I saw on another thread that you said you would be surprised if SAU and UAM aren't contending for the title in week 11. I definitely think UAM has a good chance at a winning season this year despite the loss of Tolliver. Serious question: what are you seeing that leads you believe that the Weevils will jump from a 5-win season to a 9/10-win season given that it's unlikely a team will win the conference with less than 9 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonsGirl View Post
    Given my obvious bias, I completely agree that Harding will be at the top of the conference come mid-November. That being said, I kinda like being ranked 2nd or 3rd in the poll as it gives the team an underdog mentality. I agree with the poll overall, though I do feel Ouachita is a little overrated and Tech a little underrated. Only time will tell.

Hey Weevil Watcher, I saw on another thread that you said you would be surprised if SAU and UAM aren't contending for the title in week 11. I definitely think UAM has a good chance at a winning season this year despite the loss of Tolliver. Serious question: what are you seeing that leads you believe that the Weevils will jump from a 5-win season to a 9/10-win season given that it's unlikely a team will win the conference with less than 9 wins?
    Weevil Watcher drinks Jack with his coffee.

I guess we will have a better idea on September 1st...

I mean, after all, last years preseason poll was really close, right?
    Last edited by Bytor; 08-10-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    Maybe even before that..

I mean, after all, last years preseason poll was really close, right?
    We have a new Tech fan on the board! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    We have a new Tech fan on the board! Welcome!
    Yes, a completely new Tech fan... Looking forward to a good, competitive season.

Yes, a completely new Tech fan... Looking forward to a good, competitive season.
    You a student?

11. Default Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Come on! Lets face it! Preseason polls truly consist of: "Did they win the conference last year", or "did they go deepest in the post season"! That's why Harding is #1, OBU (the true OBU) is #2! Plus, lets face it! He did have a pretty damn impressive 1st year!! Other than the 0-3 start!

You a student?
    No. But I know one really well...

Weevil Watcher drinks Jack with his coffee.
    Careful there StumpJumper.........we got it going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonsGirl View Post

It’s a crapshoot but my belief is that we will surprise on defense. If that holds, look out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    It’s a crapshoot but my belief is that we will surprise on defense. If that holds, look out!!!

I’m having deja vu

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    I’m having deja vu
    And you will again next preseason

Scrimmage this morning proved we are going to be good again offensively. Sears was sharp delivering the ball all around. And running game will be fine. Defensively we look just fine, as there are some newcomers looking good at DL and LB. secondary play was solid and deep. I’m optimistic about our ability to stop the run this year.

Carry on.

18. Default Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

No need to talk about our offense, it would produce with a 6th grader behind center with that arsenal of skill players to lean on. The defense looked very confident and fast during the scrimmage. The kids seem to be really buying what Coach Thompson is selling. If our defense improves from last year, I really love our chances at repeating as GAC champs and being a contender come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    No need to talk about our offense, it would produce with a 6th grader behind center with that arsenal of skill players to lean on. The defense looked very confident and fast during the scrimmage. The kids seem to be really buying what Coach Thompson is selling. If our defense improves from last year, I really love our chances at repeating as GAC champs and being a contender come playoff time.

Pretty easy to do against an offense you see every day... OBU will not be great on defense. There will be a drop off at QB whether you want to admit that or not. Which you won’t.

Ready to get it going though. Strong test week 1
    Last edited by Divisiontwo; 08-12-2018 at 07:09 PM.

20. Default Re: 2018 GAC Preseason Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Pretty easy to do against an offense you see every day... OBU will not be great on defense. There will be a drop off at QB whether you want to admit that or not. Which you won’t.

Ready to get it going though. Strong test week 1
    Never said any of the things you are replying, try reading my post again and this time comprehend it. Yes there will obviously be a drop off at QB, especially when dealing with a redshirt Freshman. But having the weapons he has around him will surely take some of the pressure off of him early on. I never said our defense would be great, but I hope they will be. I stated that any improvement would serve the team well in our quest for championships.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast